to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

EA: E3 is 'half a show' thanks to next-gen no-show

Your comments on our articles.

Wii U just the 'opening act', says publisher amid impressive third-party showing

The games industry is only getting 'half a show' at E3 this year due to only the 'opening act' of the next-gen cycle turning up in LA.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

EA: E3 is 'half a show' thanks to next-gen no-show

Postby Stryker89 » 07 Jun 2012, 01:27

It's exciting knowing that next year we'll finally be getting glimpses of the next-gen consoles. I remember back when the 360 and PS3 were first revealed within mere days of each other (although the 360 seemed further along in development) and how exciting it was seeing TWO new machines.

I'll eat my metaphorical hat if we don't see them next year!
Stryker89 60

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Re: EA: E3 is 'half a show' thanks to next-gen no-show

Postby TheLastDodo » 07 Jun 2012, 01:48

It's pretty much nailed on for next year ain't it?

Look at the Sony studios with nothing to show at E3: Media Molecule, Guerrilla, the other Naughty Dog, Polyphony, Sucker Punch. With the exception of Santa Monica, that's all of Sony's biggest studios not at E3, we have no idea what they're doing right now, it doesn't take a genius to see what's going on "behind the scenes".

With PCF handling the new Gears of War it has to free up Epic to work on something new for the 360's successor.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby kevine729 » 07 Jun 2012, 02:30

All of us that questioned what E3 2012 had to offer with all the no-shows were shot down - not everyone is playing the blame game and avoiding the big issue of what is wrong with the Wii U!

It will be interesting to see next year's launch of the new consoles - but for those that think it will be happening at E3 in Los Angeles next year had better check the news on plans to move the show out of LA!

My guess some seriously big Press Conferences at CES'13!
kevine729 10

Postby Wozzakl » 08 Jun 2012, 08:30

Was it even half a show? I blinked, missed it, checked out the conferences etc, and found I'd missed practically nothing.
Wozzakl 54