to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Halo 4 competitive multiplayer trailer focuses on War Games

Your comments on our articles.

See the multiplayer Halo is famous for in action

Microsoft and 343i have released a new trailer showcasing the War Games competitive multiplayer mode in Halo 4.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Halo 4 competitive multiplayer trailer focuses on War Games

Postby Imaduck » 05 Jun 2012, 21:11

This looks incredible!
Imaduck 58

Re: Halo 4 competitive multiplayer trailer focuses on War Ga

Postby bazzatuk » 05 Jun 2012, 21:19

Being a long time Halo player I am fairly nervous for Halo 4, and other than that terrible announcer voice, I'm thinking this actually looks pretty fantastic. Fingers crossed.
bazzatuk 57

Xbox Live: Fur1ous Apollo
PSN ID: Apollo T4L

Postby Stryker89 » 05 Jun 2012, 21:48

Looks like Halo! Me gusta!
Stryker89 57

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby CrispyLog » 05 Jun 2012, 22:04

The sounds were atrocious, what have they done to the warthog chaingun? It sounds like someone rattling some plastic around.
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 73

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby Imaduck » 05 Jun 2012, 22:09

I don't think it's a chaingun, it's that heavy MG thing from Reach I think, you can see it in some of the other videos. Also, there's a good chance that a lot of these are only placeholders. Remember all the changes to CE:A sound as it went along?
Imaduck 58

Postby Gash Gardner » 06 Jun 2012, 00:28

hmmm so was that ordnance drop a killstreak? itll certainly add a new dynamic to the game but im not sure if i like it
Gash Gardner 43

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 06 Jun 2012, 02:29

bazzatuk wrote:Being a long time Halo player I am fairly nervous for Halo 4, and other than that terrible announcer voice, I'm thinking this actually looks pretty fantastic. Fingers crossed.

Me too. I've been playing Halo multiplayer since CE, I've loved every Halo game (even Reach which a lot of people don't seem to like) and put a lot of hours into them. I am very nervous about Halo 4, but I have to admit this video is helping. It still looks like Halo. :)
Mortal Mad Matt 47

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby Jentario » 06 Jun 2012, 10:11

Gash Gardner wrote:hmmm so was that ordnance drop a killstreak? itll certainly add a new dynamic to the game but im not sure if i like it

Sadly, it is similar. But much more balanced. After doing something (what that something is is unknown) you will get to choose which Ordnance you want to drop, at which point everyone will see it with a waypoint on their HUD. The only choice you get is which weapon you want to spawn, and it will spawn in a fixed location on the map (one location for each power weapon). So the only way to truly abuse the system is to camp near the spawn point of the weapon of your choice. Sadly, that seems like it's going to be very easy :(
Jentario 50