to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Nintendo's E3 press conference: What's your view?

Your comments on our articles.

Here's a quick round-up of all the news. Let us know what you thought of it all...

Nintendo has just rounded off its E3 2012 press conference with the newly announced Nintendo Land for Wii U.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Drusus » 05 Jun 2012, 18:41

F**k Nintendo in the **s is my f***in view.

I want to file an abuse claim to get Miyamoto away from them, they don't deserve him. I was sold on the concept I just needed to see some games, they showed nothing of note but Pikmin. They droned on for ages explaining a mini game to me and then droned on some more about some casual crap.

They don't even seem ready to release a console. Either it's launching this christmas with no games or it's launching next year against consoles vastly more powerful than it, either way it looks f****d.
Drusus 58

Postby cian84 » 05 Jun 2012, 18:42

I'm a big Nintendo fan but I've been sitting on the fence about buying this since it was announced last year. Nintendo categorically failed to give me any compelling reason to buy it - at least until more stuff is announced at next year's E3. And I'm sure many people feel feel the same way. An absolutely woeful performance by Nintendo with some terrible guests too.
cian84 46

Postby Imaduck » 05 Jun 2012, 18:42

Is there more than 1 view then?
Imaduck 58

Postby cult » 05 Jun 2012, 18:43

Tonight I bathe in the tears of Nintendo fanboys.
ImageImage
This week I will be mainly going 'clear' and fighting aliens.
cult 62

Wii Code: WiiU Online MrAngry

Re: Nintendo's E3 press conference: What's your view?

Postby El Mag » 05 Jun 2012, 18:43

Imaduck wrote:Is there more than 1 view then?

Yeah. But it'll just be stealth's.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby frazzerr » 05 Jun 2012, 18:45

Ubisoft's conference was the best of the lot. Disappointed by Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo :roll:
frazzerr 44

PSN ID: frazzerr_1

Postby Barca Azul » 05 Jun 2012, 18:45

They got it completely wrong. 90% of that could have been a press release. E3 is watched by industry and core and Mature gamers, no casual is tuning in!

Clearly they flipped the bird to mature/core gamers on first party and most will have an xbox or PS3 for the 3rd party stuff anyway!

not in their plans, by the looks of it.

I was thinking this could be a machine i could double up on family and non for me, but im not paying 250-300 quid to play Mario and Just Dance for the wife and kids!

Book of spells it is then for the kids!

For me, the big three, Sony did best, Publishers Ubi for Watch dogs and ACIII (last of Us, TR also good)

Rate this 2 out of 10 by the way!
Barca Azul 61

Postby dwhlufc » 05 Jun 2012, 18:45

Shambles.

How can you turn upto E3 with new hardware and basically have f**k all games to show?! They said they were going to win the hardcore gamers back and keep their current consumer base happy aswell.

Looks like they forgot about the hardcore gamers, if this launches before Christmas it's going to have a launch lineup full of fitness, dancing and that shite sing game.
dwhlufc 75

Postby geardley » 05 Jun 2012, 18:46

zombie u looked the only decent thing there..
We are premier league.
geardley 54

Postby Stryker89 » 05 Jun 2012, 18:46

Soul-crushingly bad. I never thought a new console unveiling would be so bad, but that was shameful. And I am SICK TO DEATH of New Super Mario Bros!
Stryker89 60

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby Barca Azul » 05 Jun 2012, 18:47

My only positive was 2D Mario, clearly learning from Sega/Sonic! Maybe there is a message in there too!
Barca Azul 61

Postby GTCzeero » 05 Jun 2012, 18:48

I just can't fathom how Nintendo managed to make an upcoming console seem so unappealing. Add in a few cursory references to some 3DS games we already knew about, THREE Mario games (two of them part of the utterly bland New Super Mario Bros series) and way too much time spent on an unholy Wii Sports/ Playstation Home mash-up.

Utterly soul crushing. How did Ubisoft of all companies manage to "win" E3 this year?
GTCzeero 30

Postby Sentinator » 05 Jun 2012, 18:49

I'm a tad surprised Nintendo didn't focus heavier on core games. They claim the system is for core gamers and yet it was just like watching Microsoft and Sony's yesterday. I guess there are people who said "sort out your online" so they needed to cater to f@gs like Pachter.

I hear there is a trailer from platinum games airing on gametrailers later so there is probably more then they are admitting. And the invisible EA sports games and stuff like DC and NBA 2K not being there leads me to believe there is more. I just find it hard to believe that companies like Capcom and Activision aren't supporting this system. But hey I may be wrong. Still most of the core games they showed look good to me.
Sentinator 38

Postby You shlaaaag » 05 Jun 2012, 18:50

It was really disappointing. It was apparently all about the games, and then Nintendo proceeded to completely ignore the games that people wanted. The fact that there was only one "core" 1st party title (Pikmin 3) is astonishing. You would have thought they would come out all guns blazing so as to give their target audience a reason or two for picking up a Wii U at launch. However, they didn't.

Nintendo had such an oppurtunity to steal the show and they blew it. At least we got to see Iwata staring blankly at a bunch of bananas.
You shlaaaag 37

Postby Tingles dingle » 05 Jun 2012, 18:51

Third party support looked unimpressive.

Nintendo's own line up looked unimpressive.

Proposed uses of the controller looked unimpressive.

Due to the fact that they showed nothing tech heavy running the graphical fidelity of the machine itself still seems unimpressive.

Their E3 showing was overall unimpressive.

Maybe that's what the 'U' in WiiU stands for!?
Tingles dingle 36

Next