to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Watch Nintendo's press conference LIVE

Your comments on our articles.

See out what Ninty brought to LA for its big presser

We're a little worse for wear after Nintendo's E3 press conference. We went in with high expectations and barring the reveal of Pikmin 3, Nintendo didn't come anywhere close to meeting them... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Watch Nintendo's press conference LIVE

Postby monty_79 » 05 Jun 2012, 15:33

What are your predictions for Ninty E3, Tamoor? Reckon it will gt Battlefield 3 and if so, will it have more players a la PC version?
monty_79 57

Re: Watch Nintendo's press conference LIVE

Postby TheLastDodo » 05 Jun 2012, 15:45

All about third party content for me this one.

Got my first taste of Ninty's first party stuff on 3DS and enjoying them immensely, the only reason putting me off a Wii U purchase now is how third party content will be treated, it's not enough to just show stuff we already know is coming like Colonial Marines and Darksiders, I need an idea of long term third party support, I want to know what is planned for beyond 2013.

Didn't care for the majority of the Wii U tablet features shown in the pre E3 show as it's just copying what I've been able to do on my iPhone/iPod Touch for the past three years, I imagine people that haven't had access to a smartphone before would be impressed though.

Bring on the games.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby charliecheswick » 05 Jun 2012, 15:49

Hi Tamoor you lucky fella! Metroid Star Fox Fusion rumour is a strong one,what do you think,any buzz about it?
charliecheswick 47

Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto

Postby cian84 » 05 Jun 2012, 15:54

I've got two bottles in front of me, one has water in it, the other is empty. I'll leave you to figure it out.

So you can capture any stray fairies in the audience?
cian84 46

Postby Barca Azul » 05 Jun 2012, 15:55

It's the first party that I'm interested in. I'm sure the usual suspects (mario, zelda, kart, sports) will all be there, but for me to want one Ninty have to give something more mature and not just metroid.

It would be an easy sell to the wife for dance games alone for the kids, but Minot giving up 300 quid or so just for that and Mario.
Barca Azul 61

Postby ricflair » 05 Jun 2012, 15:58

TheLastDodo wrote:All about third party content for me this one.

Got my first taste of Ninty's first party stuff on 3DS and enjoying them immensely, the only reason putting me off a Wii U purchase now is how third party content will be treated, it's not enough to just show stuff we already know is coming like Colonial Marines and Darksiders, I need an idea of long term third party support, I want to know what is planned for beyond 2013.

Didn't care for the majority of the Wii U tablet features shown in the pre E3 show as it's just copying what I've been able to do on my iPhone/iPod Touch for the past three years, I imagine people that haven't had access to a smartphone before would be impressed though.

Bring on the games.

To be honest mate, I doubt you'll be seeing that - publishers aren't showing what's coming out in 2014, it's too far away really.

It's something that will become apparent over the first year or so of the Wii U's lifetime - the usual autumn/winter rush in 2013 will probably be the best indicator of where the Wii U's long term future will be, and what the third party support will be like - that will also depend on the new PS/xbox and how successful their launches are.

How Nintendo bring ideas from the tablet in to their games will be key - that will be something that sets it apart from the rest of the tablet/smart phone crowd.

I also just want some idea on what level of power/performance we're seeing. I like it to be as powerful as is reasonably possible, but quality first party games and good third party support will the most important thing. Oh, and price of course - don't know if we'll see that though.
Woo
ricflair 76

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby monty_79 » 05 Jun 2012, 15:59

A metroid would be lovely, actually! The thing is I had my fingers burnt by getting a 3DS so I am a little apprehensive about investing in Nintendo again any time soon; ended up trading it for a Vita. Pretty p**sed at Sony for not having more to say about it to be honest!

To get a wii U, it will take quite a few special announcements, but am looing forward to seeing the conference though.

It's a sad time for E3 when Ubisoft steal the show to be frank!
monty_79 57

Postby JD_Method » 05 Jun 2012, 16:09

Watch Dogs is probably the best game shown off yet.

And The Last of Us. Both look effing great.
For when you're sick of watching quality videos, check out my selection of half-arsed, on-the-s**t-side videos on YouTube: GameCheeseHD
JD_Method 58

Postby Balladeer » 05 Jun 2012, 16:10

And cue the usual CVG line-up of people saying that the conference was crap whatever Nintendo reveal. I'd like a new franchise myself, but so long as we get some solid first-party offerings for both 3DS and WiiU and no more than five minutes on the Vitality Sensor or anything of that ilk I'll be happy.

Barca Azul wrote:...to want one Ninty have to give something more mature and not just metroid.

Assuming "mature" means "gritty realism", I want exactly the opposite. So at least one of us is going to be happy! :D
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby charliecheswick » 05 Jun 2012, 16:11

Tamoor,is your question about Watch Dogs a little hint about it being on the U? Looks great and was a nice surprise. The Last of Us is my game of the show so far though,looks stunning.
charliecheswick 47

Postby JD_Method » 05 Jun 2012, 16:16

That's right - troll me on the live blog for all to see. Damn you, Tamoor! :P
For when you're sick of watching quality videos, check out my selection of half-arsed, on-the-s**t-side videos on YouTube: GameCheeseHD
JD_Method 58

Postby silentboy12 » 05 Jun 2012, 16:18

Watch Dog looks amazing! Didn't get to watch the Ubisoft Conference due to the Diamond Jubiee concert (also very good) but caught up everything later that night. Pretty much sealed Ubisoft for best e3 show. Apparently Sony put Super Smash Bros tags in their youtube Sony All-Stars Battle Royale video, that would have been funny to see..

Today, i'm still clinging on to hope that a new f-zero will be announced. Tbh though it's Nintendo, frankly anything will amaze me today :). I wonder if there will be anything for the rumoured No more Heroes 3 today?
silentboy12 40

Xbox Live: silentboy12
PSN ID: N/A
Wii Code: Cannot remember it
Steam: Silentboy12

Postby JD_Method » 05 Jun 2012, 16:23

Also, didn't Ubisoft confirm Watch Dogs for 360, PS3 and PC? Seems so if this is anything to go by: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/watch_dogs/news/watch_dogs_is_an_xbox_360_ps3_pc_title_ubisoft_confirms.html

Think I remember Ubisoft saying something like they have it running on 360 and PS3 "at this point", which could suggest that they're intending to bring it to next-gen consoles too. I don't know. I'm looking forward to it anyhow.
JD_Method 58

Postby charliecheswick » 05 Jun 2012, 16:30

What is it,an ice bucket? Come on Tamoor,spill the beans!!
charliecheswick 47

Postby flyfletch » 05 Jun 2012, 16:33

This E3 has been a complete snore fest, im waiting with baited breath to see if the big N can surprise the life outa me and turn this E3 around :)
flyfletch 71

Next