to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Star Wars 1313 gets incredible E3 video - is this next-gen?

Your comments on our articles.

LucasArts wins best graphics of E3

LucasArts has aired the first Star Wars 1313 video on US TV channel Spike, and surely it wins the award for best graphical showpiece at E3.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Star Wars 1313 gets incredible E3 video - is this next-gen?

Postby metallicorphan » 05 Jun 2012, 04:53

painted eyeballs on the eyelids it looked like in that first part :lol:

Looks alright,graphics look nice..gameplay looks,quite uninspired TBH

Can't i play someone older FFS in Star Wars

and not sure what you mean by is this another secret next gen title....what's the other one(don't say Watch dog that has been confirmed for 360 PS3 and PC)
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Re: Star Wars 1313 gets incredible E3 video - is this next-g

Postby Imaduck » 05 Jun 2012, 05:23

Yes. THAT is next gen level, console at least. If you tried to render those smoke and spark effects on a 360 it'd explode :lol: Got all that proper shadowing too HDAO etc. Looks like parallex mapping and tessellation too. So it's either the DX11 PC version or next gen.
Imaduck 58

Postby RoOhDiNi » 05 Jun 2012, 07:21

Next gen is all going to be about dark linear corridor shooters, Yay! :|
RoOhDiNi 44

Postby runadumb » 05 Jun 2012, 07:50

Imaduck wrote:Yes. THAT is next gen level, console at least. If you tried to render those smoke and spark effects on a 360 it'd explode :lol: Got all that proper shadowing too HDAO etc. Looks like parallex mapping and tessellation too. So it's either the DX11 PC version or next gen.

They clearly state its running on PC. Graphics look incredible, gameplay cookie cutter
runadumb 61

Postby JCHN » 05 Jun 2012, 08:57

Definitely not next gen, just on a high tech PC, most likely.
JCHN 56

Postby flyfletch » 05 Jun 2012, 09:35

The point is it would take a next gen console to run it......so in console terms, its without doubt a next gen title.
Go ahead and add me on PS3, 360 & Wii U, please note! Weirdo's will be blocked immediately :)
flyfletch 68

Xbox Live: Flyfletch
PSN ID: FlyFletch
Wii Code: Wii U code Fletch76
Steam: Flyfletch1976

Postby Stryker89 » 05 Jun 2012, 09:41

Haha listen to you lot. "Ohh it's on a high end PC with quite mundane gameplay, rather mediocre, pip pip."
How about we settle for this being 'potential' next-gen footage, yes?
Stryker89 57

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby kirankara » 05 Jun 2012, 09:44

looks pretty, shame it's guaranteed to be shite being a star wars product

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjWapslRpMo
kirankara 56

Postby theblkwhsp » 05 Jun 2012, 09:46

Ha ha ha - it looks like Uncharted but with a Star Wars facial. Lame. The main character looks gaunt and ugly like Cillian Murphy. The falling debris climb is straight out of Uncharted and do LA's really think we need another third person cover shooter? Thank God for Ubisodt. Sony sucked, MS was barely any better and Nintendo have already splurged their stuff in a desperate attempt to grab headlines and all they'll have now is Mario, Zelda and Metroid. A poor E3.
theblkwhsp 25

Postby kirankara » 05 Jun 2012, 09:55

theblkwhsp wrote:Ha ha ha - it looks like Uncharted but with a Star Wars facial. Lame. The main character looks gaunt and ugly like Cillian Murphy. The falling debris climb is straight out of Uncharted and do LA's really think we need another third person cover shooter? Thank God for Ubisodt. Sony sucked, MS was barely any better and Nintendo have already splurged their stuff in a desperate attempt to grab headlines and all they'll have now is Mario, Zelda and Metroid. A poor E3.

The same Ubisoft that have one game of note in assassins creed on display and that's not really going to be any different to the last 5 AC games? (oh and they had a fancy tech demo people getting far too excited about, as it really showed nothing much about gameplay)

Hardly the saving grace of E3 imo no matter how good Ac3 is, because it will ultimately be very, very similar to the previous titles.

I was actually most excited by beyond, as it looked like it was written by adults for adults (whether it delivers is different case)

Ps Did anyone else think that whilst the boat scene was impressive, it seemed out of place in ac as was little more than on rails shooter scene?
kirankara 56

Postby S-Smith » 05 Jun 2012, 10:04

Dead Space 2 + Uncharted 3 = Star Wars 1313. Looked good the gameplay graphics but i still want more better next gen really.
S-Smith 41

Postby sh4dow83 » 05 Jun 2012, 10:56

Flames seem too dark, sometimes texture detail is a little low and overall, it's definitely a very nice effort and impressive and something that would surely not run on current console hardware. AND it's definitely the best of this year's E3 for me. (It's not over yet but I very much doubt that there's still something more impressive to come.)

BUT... it's still not something that I found jaw-dropping. Give me 50-100% more and you could color my mind boggled. But I guess that won't happen for another year. If at all. Because of course in a year, my expectations will be even higher.
sh4dow83 40

Postby mikachuuu » 05 Jun 2012, 11:03

What is everyone talking about? It looks normal. nothing special we haven't seen yet. For god sake The last of us looks better or Uncharted. Sure nice pretty shadows but what's the big uh ah there? If THAT is next gen, than the PC is next next next gen xD.

Looks bland, boring and just another PS3/Xbox360 game.
My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/mikachuuu
PSN ID: mekia553
mikachuuu 24

Postby kirankara » 05 Jun 2012, 11:17

mikachuuu wrote:What is everyone talking about? It looks normal. nothing special we haven't seen yet. For god sake The last of us looks better or Uncharted. Sure nice pretty shadows but what's the big uh ah there? If THAT is next gen, than the PC is next next next gen xD.

dude, ur on crack, thats very impressive. nothing remotely 360/ps3 ish about that video.

it's dull as dishwater gameplay wise, but still impressive technically.

the pc is and always will be next gen
kirankara 56

Postby mikachuuu » 05 Jun 2012, 11:22

kirankara wrote:
mikachuuu wrote:What is everyone talking about? It looks normal. nothing special we haven't seen yet. For god sake The last of us looks better or Uncharted. Sure nice pretty shadows but what's the big uh ah there? If THAT is next gen, than the PC is next next next gen xD.

dude, ur on crack, thats very impressive. nothing remotely 360/ps3 ish about that video.

it's dull as dishwater gameplay wise, but still impressive technically.

the pc is and always will be next gen

Where? Look at the footage of "The last of us" and tell me where 1313 looks SO AMAZING seriously i do not understand what your all talking about xD. What is so special please explain, which set's it apart from games like the last of us or even uncharted. Damn the climbing sequence look straight out of uncharted 2 intro o.O.

EDIT: Watched the video again and seriously ...... nothing special lol. Fake physics or no physics on the sparks, smoke looks nice but also no physical smoke (direct x 10 thingy). NOTHING is special in this seriously, just because the developer said "It's amazing looking" doesn't mean it does lol. Open your own eyes and maybe watch some footage of other games. THIS is just another overhyped PS3/Xbox shooter which no one will remember.
My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/mikachuuu
PSN ID: mekia553
mikachuuu 24

Next