to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Battlefield 3 Premium out now with Close Quarters DLC on PS3

Your comments on our articles.

Here's what $49.99 will get you...

EA has officially detailed Battlefield 3 Premium.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Pika2346 » 04 Jun 2012, 22:08

Seems like a must buy :roll:
Pika2346 33

Postby Imaduck » 04 Jun 2012, 22:08

Nice, shafted the PC community again due to f**king "console wars".
Imaduck 58

Postby Pika2346 » 04 Jun 2012, 22:11

Oh, by the way, it isn't available now on Origin... Nice one EA
Pika2346 33

Re: Battlefield 3 Premium out now with Close Quarters DLC on

Postby TheLastDodo » 04 Jun 2012, 22:17

Imaduck wrote:Nice, shafted the PC community again due to f**king "console wars".

They shafted everyone with BF3 mate.

PS3 might get DLC early but it's still DLC for a broken game.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby Imaduck » 04 Jun 2012, 22:18

Money > DRM > Fans

BF3 actually works fine on PC Dodo it's just f**king Origin that breaks things. Remove it - problem solved.
Imaduck 58

Postby FlacidDonkeyGuy » 04 Jun 2012, 22:22

Imaduck wrote:Nice, shafted the PC community again due to f**king "console wars".

True, they seem to forget that PC gamers tend to supply there own servers & voice coms. Never mind running their own ladders and websites without battlelog. Got to love EA's "social" push it's been making at the expense of good old clans, and
home made tournament/ladder sites.
FlacidDonkeyGuy 35

Xbox Live: FlacidDonkeyGuy
PSN ID: Raviolay
Steam: Raviolay

Postby OutlawFMA » 04 Jun 2012, 22:24

Too bad its not cheaper if you already have BtK from Limited Edition
OutlawFMA 45

PSN ID: OutlawFMA
Steam: OutlawFMA
xFire: OutlawFMA

Postby bamozzy » 04 Jun 2012, 22:34

I think it is quite funny how PS3 owners whinge about other games getting their DLC first on other consoles but seem to forget that they get some earlier too - it is not ALL out on other consoles first. Xbox has MW3 - PS3 has BF3. PC owners may not get DLC early but they also generally pay less, usually at least £10 less, for their (usually better graphics and in the case of BF3 bigger in terms of players) games.

PC players also had their game patched before the console players games were too.

I am glad that I own both consoles as I can buy games for both to benefit from these exclusive deals - however I tend to buy my DLC for the xbox version as I prefer the point system. I can usually find special deals to purchase points cheaper - I recently paid less than £25 for 4200 (from microsoft themselves with a special deal code) this makes this better value at about £24 if I choose to buy it when it becomes available on xbox :wink:

Still think they should have offered a discount to those who have already purchased or got B2K though...
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 60

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby TheLastDodo » 04 Jun 2012, 22:52

bamozzy wrote:I think it is quite funny how PS3 owners whinge about other games getting their DLC first on other consoles but seem to forget that they get some earlier too - it is not ALL out on other consoles first. Xbox has MW3 - PS3 has BF3. PC owners may not get DLC early but they also generally pay less, usually at least £10 less, for their (usually better graphics and in the case of BF3 bigger in terms of players) games.

PC players also had their game patched before the console players games were too.

I am glad that I own both consoles as I can buy games for both to benefit from these exclusive deals - however I tend to buy my DLC for the xbox version as I prefer the point system. I can usually find special deals to purchase points cheaper - I recently paid less than £25 for 4200 (from microsoft themselves with a special deal code) this makes this better value at about £24 if I choose to buy it when it becomes available on xbox :wink:

Still think they should have offered a discount to those who have already purchased or got B2K though...

I hate timed exclusive DLC, on ALL platforms, it's a scummy practice whoever's paying for it, don't lump me in with the fanboy whingers please and edit your post as it look like your trying to start a console war with that first line bamozzy, no need for it.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby bamozzy » 04 Jun 2012, 23:11

I have no desire to start yet another console war but I also get fed up with a lot of the PS3 owners (of which I am one) whinging in particular about CoD DLC. - I do think that the time they have to wait is absolutely ridiculous - no-one should have to wait more than a week - 2 at most!! I personally don't agree with timed or exclusive content for ANY console but whilst we have MONEY dictating things then we have to put up with it.

I am not starting a console war as I am NOT saying either console is better but merely trying to point out that PS3 owners also get timed exclusives too - I am sure that Sony will announce a few more during their E3 speech As well as a few new exclusive game titles too (they usually get more exclusives than xbox).

Personally I would rather MS and Sony spent the money trying to secure timed exclusives on developing their own games - Its them themselves that fuel console wars by these kind of practises. If they didn't have timed exclusives etc then there would not keep causing these debates.
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 60

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby Ali_ » 04 Jun 2012, 23:22

bamozzy wrote:I have no desire to start yet another console war but I also get fed up with a lot of the PS3 owners (of which I am one) whinging in particular about CoD DLC. -

Agreed but I tend to forget all about DLC and just randomly stumble upon it. I didn't even know about CoD Elite either. Maybe living life in an oblivious world is the way forwards.

Nice Atomic Playboys avatar BTW
Ali_ 54

Postby djhazardous » 04 Jun 2012, 23:25

bought!
djhazardous 45

Postby charliecheswick » 04 Jun 2012, 23:57

djhazardous wrote:bought!
Aye,same here. I'll consider it decent value when i can eventually play the new fecking maps. :( All i've to show for my hard earned loot at the moment are some new dog-tags. Counterstrike is looking amazing value at ten quid in August.
charliecheswick 45

Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto

Postby djhazardous » 05 Jun 2012, 00:25

charliecheswick wrote:
djhazardous wrote:bought!
Aye,same here. I'll consider it decent value when i can eventually play the new fecking maps. :( All i've to show for my hard earned loot at the moment are some new dog-tags. Counterstrike is looking amazing value at ten quid in August.

Yeah, I'd only end up buying them all seperately anyway. As for your second sentence; dog tags, new knife (not sure what the difference is yet?) and Close Quarters is available now. I'm downloading it as I type.

What's this about Counter-strike at £10 in August, care to elaborate?
djhazardous 45

Postby charliecheswick » 05 Jun 2012, 00:35

Hi DJ! I downloaded the maps at 6 o'clock but you still can't play them. Counterstrike Global OffensIve launches as download only in August for $15,stunning value for money and Valve to boot.
charliecheswick 45

Wii Code: Wii U pulpeto

Next