to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Dead Space 3 trailer: First look at co-op gameplay

Your comments on our articles.

Plus campaign shown off

EA's released the first footage of Dead Space 3, including a look at co-op gameplay.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Imaduck » 04 Jun 2012, 21:54

Broad f**king daylight ............................ :evil:
Imaduck 58

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 04 Jun 2012, 21:59

:cry: E3 is full of disappointments concerning existing franchises this year.. it's probably too much to hope that this is completely different from the single player.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Re: Dead Space 3 trailer: First look at co-op gameplay

Postby paperywhiteboy » 04 Jun 2012, 22:00

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
paperywhiteboy 52

PSN ID: PETRIMOV

Postby Stryker89 » 04 Jun 2012, 22:10

Stryker89 59

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby TheLastDodo » 04 Jun 2012, 22:14

Looks garbage.

That Carver sounds like the second coming of Rico from Killzone 2.
CURRENTLY PLAYING Mario Kart 8 - Titanfall
BEST GAMES OF 2014 Titanfall - South Park - Wolfenstein - Valiant Hearts
Twitter @the1paz
TheLastDodo 77

Postby JCVD » 04 Jun 2012, 22:17

Looks alot like lost planet .
JCVD 16

Postby DarthSeaBass » 04 Jun 2012, 22:19

Gears of Deadspace 3 anyone? :roll:
DarthSeaBass 29

Xbox Live: Yodaisgod11577
Steam: Yodaisgod11577

Postby Imaduck » 04 Jun 2012, 22:20

It looks a lot like Lost Planet. Can't believe (well I can but I still can't get to grips with it) they added f**king rolls etc.
Imaduck 58

Postby AgitatedButthorn » 04 Jun 2012, 23:12

Meh I really like the first 2 but this one is leaving me cold.
AgitatedButthorn 7
New user

Postby Gash Gardner » 04 Jun 2012, 23:51

jesus christ another survival horror game turned into a an action game, lost planet 3 is about the only game ive got left to hope for
Gash Gardner 45

Postby Imaduck » 05 Jun 2012, 00:41

Ok. Now that the initial RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE is over, I'm going to throw something out there. IF you look past this trailer's bs, the actual premise is sweet, loving the return of Ellie, also Isaac has a beard :shock: :o

I'm not saying all that broad daylight and doing barrel rolls is good for the series BUT, this is just a trailer, EA are thick as s**t so it'd naturely be focused on the action. Bear this in mind:

For all the outdoor stuff we saw there, the game still appears to be based around some sort of base structure. That comes with inside bits - classic Dead Space territory especially if it's powered out and in the ass end of nowhere. We all know EA don't have a f**king clue and they're behind the marketing, but the balance could still be ok in this. I'm ok going outside at times if it's to deal with bigger baddies like the thing at the end of 1. Also, going outside for a mo provides a good "f**k this I don't want to go back in there" effect that could be great. Like those moments in the orginal Half Life were you finally got outside, before plunging back into the dark.

The idea of searching for the "source" of all this is intrigueing too. There's a hell of a lot of potential here. Imagine a tiny, cramped cave/tunnel miles under the ice, maybe filled with water. Now, necros could technically break out of the ice (frozen in there). A pitch black flooded tunnel, little room to move and necros in the walls. Could be spot on. Remember the use of ice in Bioshock, frozen spider splicers etc. Created some jumps.

At the end of the day, this is a foe we've fought for 3 games now, the initial horror is wearing off, cutting through the little guys is no longer the focal point, it's a given.

Just putting it out there. It's not over yet.
Imaduck 58

Postby paperywhiteboy » 05 Jun 2012, 01:00

Imaduck wrote:Ok. Now that the initial RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE is over, I'm going to throw something out there. IF you look past this trailer's bs, the actual premise is sweet, loving the return of Ellie, also Isaac has a beard :shock: :o

I'm not saying all that broad daylight and doing barrel rolls is good for the series BUT, this is just a trailer, EA are thick as s**t so it'd naturely be focused on the action. Bear this in mind:

For all the outdoor stuff we saw there, the game still appears to be based around some sort of base structure. That comes with inside bits - classic Dead Space territory especially if it's powered out and in the ass end of nowhere. We all know EA don't have a f**king clue and they're behind the marketing, but the balance could still be ok in this. I'm ok going outside at times if it's to deal with bigger baddies like the thing at the end of 1. Also, going outside for a mo provides a good "f**k this I don't want to go back in there" effect that could be great. Like those moments in the orginal Half Life were you finally got outside, before plunging back into the dark.

The idea of searching for the "source" of all this is intrigueing too. There's a hell of a lot of potential here. Imagine a tiny, cramped cave/tunnel miles under the ice, maybe filled with water. Now, necros could technically break out of the ice (frozen in there). A pitch black flooded tunnel, little room to move and necros in the walls. Could be spot on. Remember the use of ice in Bioshock, frozen spider splicers etc. Created some jumps.

At the end of the day, this is a foe we've fought for 3 games now, the initial horror is wearing off, cutting through the little guys is no longer the focal point, it's a given.

Just putting it out there. It's not over yet.

Glass half full, ay, man?
paperywhiteboy 52

PSN ID: PETRIMOV

Postby gmcb007 » 05 Jun 2012, 01:08

Just could not get excited by it. Just looks like another game that i've played before.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby Coulson1990 » 05 Jun 2012, 15:05

They were saying that for the full story you have to play co-op. As long as I can play on my own with no dry witted AI dude shooting at walls then Im happy.
Coulson1990 44

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 05 Jun 2012, 18:22

Well, it's just occurred to me why EA have gone down the controversial path of including co-op; it's so that they can also put some kind of online-pass into the game as well, and that way they don't feel they are losing out to the second hand market.

Thing is, if no-one wants co-op, then no-ones going to bother with the online pass either.

Way to kill off a franchise!
AllusiveTurtle 44

Next