Tomb Raider: Watch the full 4 minute gameplay video

Your comments on our articles.

Reboot looking more and more impressive

Here's the full 4 minute Tomb Raider gameplay demo shown off at Microsoft's E3 press conference today.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Tomb Raider: Watch the full 4 minute gameplay video

Postby bamozzy » 04 Jun 2012, 21:48

Looks good so far
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 68

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Re: Tomb Raider: Watch the full 4 minute gameplay video

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 04 Jun 2012, 22:07

I was looking forward to this but that combat has left a sour taste in my mouth. Just like Uncharted, it lacks that desperation the character is meant to be going through. Sure she panics when rocks are falling blah blah blah but when it comes to shooting enemies, it's like she's been doing it for years. Hell, the combat itself even looks like Uncharted. The inclusion of using the environment looks too easy. Barrels conveniently set up above enemies? Then again this is just a demo so maybe it's more varied. Everything other than that semi-copied combat looked good though.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Cryotek » 04 Jun 2012, 22:58

Looks entirely linear, too.

zzzzzzzzz :roll:
Cryotek 36

Postby Barca Azul » 04 Jun 2012, 23:22

TheCrimsonFenix wrote:I was looking forward to this but that combat has left a sour taste in my mouth. Just like Uncharted, it lacks that desperation the character is meant to be going through. Sure she panics when rocks are falling blah blah blah but when it comes to shooting enemies, it's like she's been doing it for years. Hell, the combat itself even looks like Uncharted. The inclusion of using the environment looks too easy. Barrels conveniently set up above enemies? Then again this is just a demo so maybe it's more varied. Everything other than that semi-copied combat looked good though.

Even the set pieces look uncharted. Falling through the glass. Does look good though and whilst miles from a Lara game, it's uncharted on 360!

Looks slick too.

Maybe they could have called it something new instead of TR, like "off the map"?
Barca Azul 63

Postby flash501 » 05 Jun 2012, 00:12

It's almost like there's a new Uncharted game being showcased this year, I'm seeing it mentioned that often!
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby ST4CKY » 05 Jun 2012, 16:40

Looking quite good but gota agree with all the other posts. Like somebody said on another article though, I'd like to see a bit of randomness for instance a bridge break in one play through but then in another play through it doesn't but something else happens. Keep you on your toes an all that. There needs to be something different than all the " oh the bridge breaks here or s**t fall hete etc etc etc...
ST4CKY 41

Postby alan666 » 06 Jun 2012, 12:46

TheCrimsonFenix wrote:I was looking forward to this but that combat has left a sour taste in my mouth. Just like Uncharted, it lacks that desperation the character is meant to be going through. Sure she panics when rocks are falling blah blah blah but when it comes to shooting enemies, it's like she's been doing it for years. Hell, the combat itself even looks like Uncharted. The inclusion of using the environment looks too easy. Barrels conveniently set up above enemies? Then again this is just a demo so maybe it's more varied. Everything other than that semi-copied combat looked good though.

Tomb Raider was first, Uncharted copied Tomb Raider if anything.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 06 Jun 2012, 12:56

alan666 wrote:

Tomb Raider was first, Uncharted copied Tomb Raider if anything.

Yes because Uncharted was clearly Tomb Raider 1 with better graphics..

I'm fully aware one came before the other but here, they've done little to differentiate it from Uncharted, which only took the idea of an adventurer and puzzles from TR.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby TheLastDodo » 06 Jun 2012, 15:49

Wouldn't be worried, they showed a section late in the game when Lara is now accustomed to using weapons, it was a linear section for sure but it offered you lots of ways to dispose of enemies (hopefully we can just sneak past them too).

It's already been confirmed that there are parts of the game where the levels are far more open and you can open new sections of levels that couldn't be reached before like in the Batman games when you unlock a new ability or upgrade equipment.
TheLastDodo 77