Wii U Game Pad is Nintendo's best controller, says Gearbox C

Your comments on our articles.

Randy Pitchford says it's perfect for the games he likes to play and make

Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford has hailed Nintendo's Game Pad as "the best controller" the console manufacturer has made.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Wii U Game Pad is Nintendo's best controller, says Gearbox C

Postby sakaspuds » 04 Jun 2012, 12:17

any game with an 'in game' menu system/inventory is going to work better, no need to map a lot of different things to several buttons or 'quick load' style menus, they can be right there on the mini screen, the screen could be used in so many ways, like a scanner, a full map, a menu, inventory, night vision, thermal vision, mini map (rotating), hud, thats just visual things, then theres a whole heap of touch/swipe/mouse moves that can be done, all kinds of things really, its up to the devs to make good use of it, it can be used to keep the main gaming screen clean by putting all the info you only need to glance at on the mini screen, ammo count, life bar, mini map, important locations, info on the mission youre on so on...
sakaspuds 42

Re: Wii U Game Pad is Nintendo's best controller, says Gearb

Postby Cogglesz » 04 Jun 2012, 12:58

^+1 it'l be pretty refreshing to play this, i noticed on the 3ds mainly that the top screen is pretty much free from any hud, obviously some things will be kept on it but i could imagine options to edit which screen hud items are, there certainly isn't a controller that does as much as this one does, its pretty good they didn't call it a tablet like i thought it was when i seen it last year, i feel though its gonna take some real imaginative devs to get this to full potential.
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 60

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz

Postby metallicorphan » 04 Jun 2012, 13:35

I see Randy and Gearbox have still not been able to remove their tongue from Wii U's arse,it's getting pretty embarrassing now
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Postby AgitatedButthorn » 04 Jun 2012, 13:51

Shut up Randy Pitchford and finish colonial marines, then I will listen to you.
AgitatedButthorn 7
New user

Postby Balladeer » 04 Jun 2012, 17:45

metallicorphan wrote:I see Randy and Gearbox have still not been able to remove their tongue from Wii U's arse,it's getting pretty embarrassing now

I dunno, if you were a Nintendo fan who liked more serious shooty games (the two don't really go together, but there must be some, surely?) then I think you'd be fully erect at this.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78