to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Wii U redesigned GamePad: 18 new images

Your comments on our articles.

Get a close look at the final controller...

Nintendo has shown off a little more of the redesigned Wii U tablet, officially named the Wii U Game Pad, and we've gone through the pre-E3 broadcast and snapped some choice screens to give you a better look.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Wii U redesigned GamePad: 18 new images

Postby Astrosmasher » 04 Jun 2012, 01:46

this looks fun... they have borrowed the dreamcast idea from those innovators Sega... and brought it up to date...

this is what I want from nintendo... do not chase the pack... lead the pack...

hopefully the console will have good graphics also....

I am looking forward to playing Luigis mansion 2 on it....
Astrosmasher 29

Xbox Live: Darklord1899

Re: Wii U redesigned GamePad: 18 new images

Postby ricflair » 04 Jun 2012, 02:12

Loads of those pics are the old design!
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby Imaduck » 04 Jun 2012, 02:54

Got to be honest, looks like it'd f**king wreck your hands, it's not exactly contoured for comfort. That's just judging by these though, we'll see.
Imaduck 58

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 04 Jun 2012, 09:35

Exactly how much does this thing weigh? It's certainly a lot bigger than traditional controllers, so holding it with one hand whilst touching with the other (shut up) I'd imagine could be uncomfortable, especially now that it's wider and shorter. That U logo certainly is a nice touch, looking like a finger touching a screen.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby rip_it_up » 04 Jun 2012, 11:22

TheCrimsonFenix wrote:Exactly how much does this thing weigh? It's certainly a lot bigger than traditional controllers, so holding it with one hand whilst touching with the other (shut up) I'd imagine could be uncomfortable, especially now that it's wider and shorter. That U logo certainly is a nice touch, looking like a finger touching a screen.

I'm not sure about the weight but I'd imagine that it will not be that heavy , The battery will be the weight!

Hopefully theirs a small rumble feature on the device included like wii to keep weight down, and not the difference in weight between the six axis and dual shock3 as that would add alot.

does anyone no if this thing has tactile feedback for games keyboard etc.
rip_it_up 49

Postby Stryker89 » 04 Jun 2012, 12:07

I really don't think we can comment on weight or potential discomfort until we hold it ourselves. All we have to go on right now is a few visual clues, nothing else.
Stryker89 61

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby El Mag » 04 Jun 2012, 12:11

Stryker89 wrote:I really don't think we can comment on weight or potential discomfort until we hold it ourselves. All we have to go on right now is a few visual clues, nothing else.

A lad has held one and posted his thoughts on it in the Nintendo forum. Here you go.....

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=132886&start=135
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby liveswired » 04 Jun 2012, 17:21

Looks AMAZING! anyone who says otherwise is retarded, an angry fanboy or are simply trolling. :D

Once again Nintendo have upped the game aesthetically - the layout looks perfect aswell. As for weight - I'd imagine it'll be lighter than an iPad.

Apple take note - this is how you add physical controls to a touch screen device.
^_* ^_^
liveswired 52

PSN ID: liveswired
Wii Code: 3DS 4081-5530-7050
Steam: liveswired