Nintendo's E3 announcements: Metroid, Wii U Sports, Zelda?

Your comments on our articles.

We comment on rumour and speculation

The Wii U reveal last E3 left most more confused than excited, so much of Nintendo's 2012 conference will likely be spent righting its wrongs.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Nintendo's E3 announcements: Metroid, Wii U Sports, Zelda?

Postby Stryker89 » 03 Jun 2012, 15:23

This will be the highlight of E3 for me, I just love Nintendo's conferences. Especially Reggie with his ass-kicking-taking-names attitude.
Oh and the more I hear about a Retro Studies developed Zelda game, the more I REALLY want it to happen!
Stryker89 61

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Re: Nintendo's E3 announcements: Metroid, Wii U Sports, Zeld

Postby billysastard » 03 Jun 2012, 15:51

whilst i'd really like to see a wii u sports i dont think it would work as a pack in this time, whatever nintendo do decide to include needs to be spectacular like wii sports was on the wii to drag in all the casual gamers again, but it also needs to give the so called "hardcore" gamers something too, its a fine line.

however i still consider the most important thing to be that they only have a single sku as that alone can help sales, the thought of a 20gb version and a 60 gb and a 120 gb version (or 20, 40, 60, 80, 120, 160, 250, 320 versions)or their modern equivalents is off-putting.

billysastard 63

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby Balladeer » 03 Jun 2012, 16:19

Don't taunt us like that, Tamoor! Facts or sod off. I'll be gutted if I go in expecting Metroid and Zelda because of this, and Nintendo pull out a moth-eaten Mario and Brain Training With An Extra Screen! I mean, I'd be gutted anyway, but more so.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby Stryker89 » 03 Jun 2012, 17:33

billysastard wrote:however i still consider the most important thing to be that they only have a single sku as that alone can help sales, the thought of a 20gb version and a 60 gb and a 120 gb version (or 20, 40, 60, 80, 120, 160, 250, 320 versions)or their modern equivalents is off-putting.

That's a good point there. I fully expect Nintendo to have two versions of the Wii U. No more and no less. One with very little memory for the casual Wii Fit players, and one with a huge memory for the more serious crowd who may want to download expansions etc. NIntendo don't mess around though, they only upgrade their consoles with significantly new features (DS, DSi etc), they're not going to bring out several consoles with varying hard drive space.
Stryker89 61

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby Balladeer » 03 Jun 2012, 17:35

If there isn't substantial internal storage (for little extra cost if two versions) and/or the option for cheap external storage, I will not be happy. Nintendo better not do a "Vita memory cards".
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby rip_it_up » 03 Jun 2012, 18:52

I thought nintendo already comfirmed that extra storage would be via standard usb hard drives?.

I hope this is the case because it will hopefully keep the cost down,

I think they will have one sku with around 20gb-40gb of internal storage for system updates patches and the mass market, then the core player might buy extra storage for playing games off a hdd etc.

I hope this is the case ass i have a 1tb usb hdd connected to my wii with a partition of 250gb free.

so excited for e3 this year!!
rip_it_up 49