to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Battlefield Premium features look set to p**s off non-subscr

Your comments on our articles.

CoD: Elite-style service expected to offer server queue priority, stats reset option

While Battlefield 3 nuts will likely see the value in EA's upcoming Battlefield Premium service, those who don't want to fork out £40 for it are likely to have issues with some of the content.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Battlefield Premium features look set to p**s off non-subscr

Postby richomack360 » 31 May 2012, 10:03

Right, so now to get a decent game I need to either rent a server or now get a premium pack to ensure I am not sat in queue

EA you are a disgrace and I will not purchase any of your products until you suffer a Capcom-esque fall from grace (pending)

Disgraceful.

Such a shame majority of people will lap it up like the foolish sheep that allow this sort of behaviour.
Currently playing: Pokemon X - ask for my friend code !

Follow me on Twitter - @richomack360 and XBL: richomack360

Didn't get a WiiU for Xmas - boo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Re: Battlefield Premium features look set to p**s off non-su

Postby slimify d » 31 May 2012, 10:13

*looks at my copy of BF3* well, it looks like i finally have to trade you in now.....GRFS today then
currently playing
360 - Halo 4/black ops 2/Tekken tag 2/NFS-MW
ps3 - fifa 13/WWE 13
pc - BF3/Trine
Wii U - Zombi U,

currently wanting Pikmin 3. DMC
slimify d 30

Xbox Live: slimify d
PSN ID: slimify-d
Steam: slimifyd
Battle.net: mcslimifyd@aol.com

Postby weston22 » 31 May 2012, 10:14

BATTLEFIELD YOU ARE NOW DEAD TO ME!

Long live ghost recon!!!!
weston22 45

Xbox Live: Warlockweso22

Postby DavrosJ » 31 May 2012, 10:16

Been playing this on and off for around 5-6 months, the only thing that has annoyed me was when they took all the DICE server's away and just had "user run" servers available. I've NEVER had to que for a game, so i doubt that'll be an issue. I personally couldn't care less if awesomesause3000 has a K/D ratio of 16, a score per minute of cheese... it doesn't make a difference to my gameplay experience at all.

But all the map packs do is segregate the online community, destorying the playability. And £40 will assure i won't even bother thinking about buying it.
DavrosJ 38

Postby YouStoleMyKill » 31 May 2012, 10:23

weston22 wrote:BATTLEFIELD YOU ARE NOW DEAD TO ME!

Long live ghost recon!!!!
slimify d wrote:*looks at my copy of BF3* well, it looks like i finally have to trade you in now.....GRFS today then

GRFS is an excellent game , on topic though EA you are scum :lol:
YouStoleMyKill 37

PSN ID: Connor_mufc_1985

Postby thermalwarrior » 31 May 2012, 10:29

Considering the fact the game was total garbage and they took everything that was good about BF2 and threw it in the bin I find it mindboggling that they have the cheek to ask for an extra £40 for this s**t.

Let me get this straight:

BF3 - £40
Xbox Live - £40
DLC - £30 a go (assuming 3 DLC)
Total = £110+

Bored after 5 mintues.

Or what I could do is pay for WoW where each expansion adds something new and the game is constantly evolving and I get my moneys worth.

I hate to say it but if this is the start of a trend I could see my Xbox going the journey.
thermalwarrior 1
New user

Postby thermalwarrior » 31 May 2012, 10:32

On a side note I understand WoW is not to every ones taste but it just shows what a little effort by developers can do for your money. I mean look at Morrowind/Obilivion/Skyrim between these I have easily clocked up 300 hours of play for less than BF3 is asking for now.

And here is me thinking there was a recession and people were struggling for money......
thermalwarrior 1
New user

Postby 360_Fan » 31 May 2012, 10:40

I'll be getting it, and I am greatful that they are giving me the option to save money on maps that i would be buying anyway. It's an excellent game. Have not played a cod for 2 years, and with these maps, the next cod has a lot of work to do.
360_Fan 59

Postby Drusus » 31 May 2012, 10:43

thermalwarrior wrote:Considering the fact the game was total garbage and they took everything that was good about BF2 and threw it in the bin I find it mindboggling that they have the cheek to ask for an extra £40 for this s**t.

Let me get this straight:

BF3 - £40
Xbox Live - £40
DLC - £30 a go (assuming 3 DLC)
Total = £110+

Bored after 5 mintues.

Or what I could do is pay for WoW where each expansion adds something new and the game is constantly evolving and I get my moneys worth.

I hate to say it but if this is the start of a trend I could see my Xbox going the journey.

Couldn't agree more, when console games are hitting £100 to enjoy all their features Games like WoW and Guild Wars 2 (which is amazing btw, beta weekend on the 8th for those who have pre-purchased) are just so much cheaper in the long run. With Steam offering full games and all the DLC for less than a tenner on a regular basis as well. I can't justify the high console game prices anymore.

For the interest of honesty I did just buy a GTX 680 though. That was down to personal preference though and wasn't a need. Lol.
Drusus 56

Postby bamozzy » 31 May 2012, 10:53

So it will cost another £40 (I have already spent £10 on B2K) to get the remaining (4) DLC content, A few extra 'cosmetic' items etc BUT that means I would also have to be committed to playing BF3 AND want all the content they are planning to bring out.

However it will cost me about £40 IF I buy all the DLC separately - although I wouldn't be able to get them early or have a few cosmetic items etc - I can at least CHOOSE IF I wish to purchase ANY/SOME/ALL subsequent DLC, Don't have to be committed to playing and as for the Server Priority - I have never yet had a problem finding or playing on one!

Especially with all the forthcoming releases, I could buy 1-2 for that amount and play those to completion...
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 60

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby thermalwarrior » 31 May 2012, 10:55

If you pay the £40 does that include all the DLC?
thermalwarrior 1
New user

Postby bamozzy » 31 May 2012, 11:05

thermalwarrior wrote:If you pay the £40 does that include all the DLC?

Yes - including B2K (if you don't already have it...)

bamozzy 60

Postby Gambini » 31 May 2012, 11:08

The best thing I did was to trade my copy of BF3 in months ago. EA/DICE have ruined Battlefield for me from a botched beta, to a broken PS3 version, to over-promising and under-delivering on almost all counts.

I can't even get excited for the prospect of Bad Company 3 (Still play BC2 to this day) because I just know they'll do something stupid with it or "take it in a new direction" :?
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 51

Postby ricflair » 31 May 2012, 12:22

If true, they can f**k off - the rent a server option has already ruined it to a pretty big extent, as there are relatively few decent EU servers without crazy ticket amounts, and hardly any DICE servers.

God I hate EA sometimes (99% of the time). I don't like the idea of selling/trading it and EA getting more money from someone else buying an online pass. I'd rather just biff it.
Woo
ricflair 75

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby bamozzy » 31 May 2012, 12:43

ricflair wrote:If true, they can f**k off - the rent a server option has already ruined it to a pretty big extent, as there are relatively few decent EU servers without crazy ticket amounts, and hardly any DICE servers.

God I hate EA sometimes (99% of the time). I don't like the idea of selling/trading it and EA getting more money from someone else buying an online pass. I'd rather just biff it.

I have noticed that about the Servers too. It also annoys me that the majority only play a couple of the Maps - I get bored very quickly playing Noshar Canals with 500 tickets over and over again!! Also a lot have mixed game modes and only certain modes on certain maps too. When you search, it only displays the current mode and map so displays all mixed servers too.

I want to find a server with ALL maps in a game mode that I want to play and preferably a DICE Server too.

bamozzy 60

Next