to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Resistance: Burning Skies Review: Touchscreen, not twin stic

Your comments on our articles.

Sony proves that shooters work on Vita...

After three Resistance games on PS3 you might think you've seen every conceivable way of mortally juicing the six-eyed mutant swarm that is the Chimera. You've minced them with exploding magnum shells, dissolved them with erupting hedgehog grenades and shot them through walls.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Resistance: Burning Skies Review: Touchscreen, not twin stic

Postby CrispyLog » 29 May 2012, 11:04

A 7.9? For this rubbish? After it getting a 2/10 and 5/10 in other sites? I know this site is full of Sony fanboys but no need to play up to them.

360 4 life yo!
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 75

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
xFire: CrispyLog

Re: Resistance: Burning Skies Review: Touchscreen, not twin

Postby bamozzy » 29 May 2012, 11:29

CrispyLog wrote:A 7.9? For this rubbish? After it getting a 2/10 and 5/10 in other sites? I know this site is full of Sony fanboys but no need to play up to them.

360 4 life yo!

So you decide to start yet another fan war!?! I actually own both an Xbox and PS3 :wink:

I don't own a Vita so won't be getting this but I do own all the PS3 Resistance games - so I was interested to see how this turned out - especially as it is also the first FPS twin stick shooter. I have read on other sites that the overall experience and story are a little lacking and the controls take a bit of getting used too. Personally I think this game may well be a 'grower'. It will become bigger and better as more and more people play it - The single player may well be a bit forgettable but it will be the multi-player that will entice and keep players...
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 66

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby Queen Skillage » 29 May 2012, 11:32

Pay no notice to the Log, he only likes games where you dig!
Queen Skillage 63
Global Moderator

Postby Leders » 29 May 2012, 11:35

I'm looking forward to trying this out, my preorder should arrive anyday now. Its getting mixed reviews, but hey, FPS on the go, with multiplayer... why not!

Its not going to be perfect, but its got to be a start for bigger better things, maybe COD etc will look at this, then build on it.
Leders 43

Postby Sleepaphobic » 29 May 2012, 12:16

CrispyLog wrote:A 7.9? For this rubbish? After it getting a 2/10 and 5/10 in other sites? I know this site is full of Sony fanboys but no need to play up to them.

360 4 life yo!

Wow 360 is a handheld too? D d d d daaaaaaaamn!
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby dicky1993 » 29 May 2012, 12:46

crispy you've made us 360 users look like idiots
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby TheLastDodo » 29 May 2012, 13:28

dicky1993 wrote:crispy you've made us 360 users look like idiots

If you'd read the 2/10 review you'd be saying the same thing about CVG's review making them look like idiots too.

I posted the review in the review thread in general gaming dicky, it's an entertaining read if nothing else, maybe that guy is just one picky bastard but a lot of his criticisms make it sound like the game needs a good year of polish.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby KrisaimUK » 29 May 2012, 16:16

Yep well done Log.
I read the 2/10 review. Made me smile if nothing else. I'll be getting Burning Skies. Can't wait in fact. Been a lull of late but this and Gravity Rush will keep me happy for a while.
In fact June is looking ok. Looking forward to E3 and what UBI will offer. Ghost Recon please. :D
KrisaimUK 33

Postby ricflair » 29 May 2012, 16:31

Crispy has a PS3, it's just that he's been unable to hook up to his wireless network for weeks!

Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby TheBusterMan » 29 May 2012, 19:53

Well,I bought Resistance 3 on PS3 and it was very over rated.It started off good,then ran out of steam,real quick,the ending seemed so rushed.The MP was good for an hour.You'd be lucky to find anyone playing it now.Anyway,the visuals look quite sloppy on this Vita version.Looks like I'll be sticking to my PSP 2000 for a while.Gimme some quality RPGs and a GTA for the Vita,and I'll bite.
TheBusterMan 48

Postby zakrocz » 29 May 2012, 21:39

360 4 life yo!

and Edge has given it 4/10
zakrocz 19

Postby spr1ngbock » 03 Jun 2012, 10:53

Just played the demo and really liked it. Controls are good and the graphics aren't bad. Really like the weapons. Its a good long demo so you can get a good feel for what its like. Probably not a full price purchase, but will definitely pick this up at some point. Its probabably a bit samey all the way through based on the reviews, but some of the really negative reviews seem overly harsh.
spr1ngbock 34

Postby lloydy280 » 12 Jun 2012, 22:49

I'm happy to see a decent score!! I think any game should be held against its piers but also accounting for format. Most the reviews I have read seem disappointed by the results because the game isn't up to home console standards. The Vita aint a PS3 (duh) and an FPS on it isn't going to be of that quality, tech wise its obvious!

I played the demo and its solid - I've played better FPS obviously - but not on a handheld. There is a lot of Vita hate out there but as a bit of tech I think it shines - I love mine and I hope it succeeds in the long run. I will never get over being able to play proper games whilst commuting to work!

Anyways, I will buy the game cause I want to play something like this on my Vita (although £39.99 is steeeep). I hope this review convinced a few others aside. Oh and I have a PSP, a DS, a 3DS, a PS3 and a 360 (not to mention I still have an Amiga 500 somewhere) and I love em all in their own ways so if I am a fanboy its of solid tech not of a brand ;)
lloydy280 5
New user