to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

GTA 5: How it could change the way online gaming works forev

Your comments on our articles.

David Houghton argues Rockstar have been dropping hints for years...

Where Rockstar goes, the rest of the industry follows. That has been the case since Grand Theft Auto III first blueprinted the urban sandbox genre in 2001 and made the wrong side of the law an acceptable place to play.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby WHITEyy118 » 21 May 2012, 13:13

"Real-time radio traffic reports will help us avoid congested roads during frantic chases. Los Santos will have a dynamic, fully functioning economy that we'll be able to contribute to..."

:shock: I want those!

As with MP I'm sure it'll be good whatever they do. I can't really see it being much different to MP3 apart from maybe race modes and maybe co-op missions. But I don't see it going beyond that. Don't get me wrong I would love it if MP did become more than just a pointless 10 minute exercise that only unlocks guns or whatever.

Along similar lines and kind like the old GTA I think there shouldn't be menus etc for MP. As soon as it's loaded your chucked in Los Santos. Obviously there would be a limit to how many people could join but from there you drive, walk whatever around the city and see posters/fliers, hear it on the radio/TV about races. Meet up with crews and you can vote to rob a bank, steal some cars (gone in 60 seconds style) have a friendly detahmatch or battle other crews for a game of TDM and games of CTF (drugs instead of flag). The list is endless. Just don't stick it in a boring menu format.
Last edited by WHITEyy118 on 21 May 2012, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
WHITEyy118 39

Postby metallicorphan » 21 May 2012, 13:14

I think i would rather just have it like GTA4 was,don't care much for Co-Op...but i guess its all about choice,as long as i don't HAVE to do it like that and have real people taking over,then that's fine

It would be interesting if they pulled a Fable and around the gameworld you could 'see' other players

I am currently re-playing GTA4,and it still looks and plays great for a 4 year old game,the weather effects are still impressive,especially fog(Xbox 360 version anyway)and thunder storms
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Postby ensabahnur » 21 May 2012, 13:18

Sound interesting and if anyone can pull it off its Rockstar.

I've said before that anyone who can craft a MP component that isn't just Team Deathmatch variants is worth a look. Stuff like MP campaigns in The Darkness 2's Vendettas or Resistance 2 or even Syndicate are really underrated because the vast majority just want to shoot each other in the face ala COD style, they don't even give these modes a chance.

And as this article points out the vast majority are idiots!
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Re: GTA 5: How it could change the way online gaming works f

Postby WHITEyy118 » 21 May 2012, 13:23

ensabahnur wrote: the vast majority just want to shoot each other in the face ala COD style, they don't even give these modes a chance.

And as this article points out the vast majority are idiots!

Exactly. That was fine for MP years ago but it needs to change. MP is just pointless nowadays as you're just doing the same thing over and over. I do hope Rockstar pull something off.
WHITEyy118 39

Postby StonecoldMC » 21 May 2012, 13:43

This is R* North, that little group of Devs holed up in a bolthole in Scotland who make some of the best Games available to play.

GTA V. This is also going to be one of those Games. One of the Best Ever!
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby ensabahnur » 21 May 2012, 14:04

StonecoldMC wrote:This is R* North, that little group of Devs holed up in a bolthole in Scotland who make some of the best Games available to play.

GTA V. This is also going to be one of those Games. One of the Best Ever!

Ahh you mean that little Edinburgh company formed from DMA Design from Dundee?

Wonder how many Scottish references are in this one? Lovefist!! The Dundee away top! What i'm sure was parallel Forth road and Rail bridges. BAWSAQ. Juniper Yellow. Taking the p**s out of Hearts.
And all the other little references like CU JMY on shipping crates or the Saltire appearing randomly.

One of the best dev's EVER!!
ensabahnur 68

Postby laslowoodbine » 21 May 2012, 14:37

GTA 5 for me a rent first before buy after the last one, I know plenty of people enjoyed GTA 4 but for me the best part was the TV. I used to love the quirky radio stations on GTA and Vice city but they lost me in 4, after the initial excitement I tired of it very quickly.

Here's hoping to a injection of fun back into 5's radio, characters and driving mechanics.
laslowoodbine 50

Postby WHITEyy118 » 21 May 2012, 14:48

laslowoodbine wrote:GTA 5 for me a rent first before buy after the last one, I know plenty of people enjoyed GTA 4 but for me the best part was the TV. I used to love the quirky radio stations on GTA and Vice city but they lost me in 4, after the initial excitement I tired of it very quickly.

Here's hoping to a injection of fun back into 5's radio, characters and driving mechanics.

Agree! Not saying past ones have been bad. I used to love Vice City and San Andreas. I could listen to the radio all day.

I loved the internet to. That should be improved to be more useful and involving. I'm probably not the only 1 that wanted to actually buy a wife/date. You could search but nothing more :(.
WHITEyy118 39

Postby ensabahnur » 21 May 2012, 14:53

WHITEyy118 wrote:
I loved the internet to. That should be improved to be more useful and involving. I'm probably not the only 1 that wanted to actually buy a wife/date. You could search but nothing more :(.

I'm pretty sure you could date girls through the internet? Wasn't there one in the middle part of the city who gave you a discount on clothing if you dated her? Also one was a paramedic and healed you over the phone?

But i totally agree on the radio, bring back Fernando Martinez (yes i know he was on SFLC) and the comedy DJ's from previous efforts. Nothing wrong with the music selection but the realistic DJ's just weren't as good.
ensabahnur 68

Postby TheBusterMan » 21 May 2012, 14:56

Less than 30% finished the SP on GTA4? Why,it wasn't that bad. :?
TheBusterMan 48

Postby ensabahnur » 21 May 2012, 14:57

TheBusterMan wrote:Less than 30% finished the SP on GTA4? Why,it wasn't that bad. :?

Aye but 70% of gamers are idiots!
ensabahnur 68

Postby Paul_27 » 21 May 2012, 15:00

this game is going to blow everybody away

im hoping somthing similar to a open world multiplayer with a drop in drop out system and co op on hard missons
Paul_27 29

PSN ID: x_vodka_paul_x

Postby WHITEyy118 » 21 May 2012, 15:10

ensabahnur wrote:
WHITEyy118 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you could date girls through the internet? Wasn't there one in the middle part of the city who gave you a discount on clothing if you dated her? Also one was a paramedic and healed you over the phone?

But i totally agree on the radio, bring back Fernando Martinez (yes i know he was on SFLC) and the comedy DJ's from previous efforts. Nothing wrong with the music selection but the realistic DJ's just weren't as good.

Yer there was one were you could date but on another you couldn't. I can't remember which games they were but I'm just saying. GTA has been a game where anything is a possibility. So I wanna buy a mail order bride! LOL
WHITEyy118 39

Postby ensabahnur » 21 May 2012, 15:16

WHITEyy118 wrote:
Yer there was one were you could date but on another you couldn't. I can't remember which games they were but I'm just saying. GTA has been a game where anything is a possibility. So I wanna buy a mail order bride! LOL

San Andreas and GTA4 both featured dating, the San An ones you met through missions or random encounters. In GTA4 two of them were through missions and the rest were through the internet.

Dunno about wanting a mail order bride, surely just taking care of a few girlfriends are enough problems.
ensabahnur 68

Postby WHITEyy118 » 21 May 2012, 15:27

ensabahnur wrote:
WHITEyy118 wrote:Dunno about wanting a mail order bride, surely just taking care of a few girlfriends are enough problems.

I wanna be a pimp. I want to order everything online. Buy guns, drugs, cars and women!
WHITEyy118 39

Next