to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

New Medal of Honor: Warfighter trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Gameplay footage shows hostage situation, water combat

A new Medal of Honor: Warfighter video has emerged in the form of a television ad, which debuted during the Champions League final.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby TheDragonDoji » 21 May 2012, 10:05

Absolutely nothing new just a rehash of the previous 2 trailers. YAWN.
"You fight well...in the 'old 'style."
TheDragonDoji 44

PSN ID: TheDragonDoji

Postby Headsrinker » 21 May 2012, 10:13

Now dont get me wrong, this game looks very good. But i must say im becoming fatigued with the military FPS's in general. They are released too often. The mechnics behind these type of games has been the same every year, for over 4 years now. Ok, the game looks very pretty, but these games along with the COD releases are not really adding any inovation at all. Theres only so much of charging a room in slow mo i can take. In my opinion, in 10 years time when we're looking back at the past 4 years of gaming, this period will be seen as a period of poor creativity. EA/Activision milking the genre for all they can.
Headsrinker 49

Steam: TheHeadshrinker

Re: New Medal of Honor: Warfighter trailer

Postby bamozzy » 21 May 2012, 10:26

To be honest - there is nothing that stands out from this trailer - It seems quite generic, not much gameplay and as it seems to be purely night time based - Dark. Still time to find out more before considering it for purchase though
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 65

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby Gambini » 21 May 2012, 10:31

bamozzy wrote:To be honest - there is nothing that stands out from this trailer - It seems quite generic, not much gameplay and as it seems to be purely night time based - Dark. Still time to find out more before considering it for purchase though

Yep, totally agree. It's so incredibly generic, there's almost no point to it. *yawn*
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 52

Postby Dandelion » 21 May 2012, 10:59

Headsrinker wrote:Now dont get me wrong, this game looks very good. But i must say im becoming fatigued with the military FPS's in general. They are released too often. The mechnics behind these type of games has been the same every year, for over 4 years now.

Yeah pretty much why I've been playing Crysis 2 so much... we've been getting Battlefield and Call Of Duty in modern era warfare each year and now we have Medal Of Honor which also looks a lot like BF3 and to top it all it uses the same engine :/
Dandelion 39

Postby stevied » 21 May 2012, 11:11

I think its getting very clear that these games are funded and pushed out as military/army recruitment simulations designed to get children interested in/desensitized and teenagers actually signing up for a "call of duty".

Brainwashed into thinking they cannot die (bloody screen mechanic), are actually skillful (simple/dumbed down gameplay/killstreaks), that war and killing people is actually fun (everyone i know plays it!)

its a f**ked up world when children are saturated with violence,sex,murder...

ok thats enough of me using my brain, lets get stupid again...Same s**t that ive played a million times.....WHATS THE f**king POINT OF MAKING THESE GAMES EA!!!! YOU LAZY c**ts GO f**k YOURSELF!!!
stevied 24

Postby YouStoleMyKill » 21 May 2012, 11:17

stevied wrote:I think its getting very clear that these games are funded and pushed out as military/army recruitment simulations designed to get children interested in/desensitized and teenagers actually signing up for a "call of duty".

Brainwashed into thinking they cannot die (bloody screen mechanic), are actually skillful (simple/dumbed down gameplay/killstreaks), that war and killing people is actually fun (everyone i know plays it!)

ok thats enough of me using my brain, lets get stupid again...Same s**t that ive played a million times.....WHATS THE f**king POINT OF MAKING THESE GAMES EA!!!! YOU LAZY c**ts GO f**k YOURSELF!!!

Im one of the 3 people in the world that doesn't play CoD or Battlefield.
YouStoleMyKill 37

PSN ID: Connor_mufc_1985

Postby Jensonjet » 21 May 2012, 11:28

Medal of Honour... EA... online pass... f*ck off!

I think that just about sums up my feelings for this game and its publisher.

On a side note, it will fail to sell in large numbers, it deserves to fail, and I won't be disappointed when it does! Did I mention EA can... oh yeah... see top of message.

The game looks pretty good apart from that, but I'm sure I'll live without it. I have a feeling there'll be other shooters out around the same time that'll keep me entertained.
Jensonjet 47

Postby FlimFlam » 21 May 2012, 11:39

Jensonjet wrote:Medal of Honour... EA... online pass... f*ck off!

I think that just about sums up my feelings for this game and its publisher.

On a side note, it will fail to sell in large numbers, it deserves to fail, and I won't be disappointed when it does! Did I mention EA can... oh yeah... see top of message.

The game looks pretty good apart from that, but I'm sure I'll live without it. I have a feeling there'll be other shooters out around the same time that'll keep me entertained.

Are you bi-polar? F**k the game! Looks pretty good.

?

Also, EA bashing really is old hat. Isn't it Activision bashing these days? Either way, it's misplaced. Almost all publishers are wringing every possible penny out of us. It's a business. A very, very big business. This isn't the 16 bit era any more, and slowly, video gaming is eating itself. Don't just blame EA, its short sighted. They are all equally responsible.
FlimFlam 42

Postby toaplan » 21 May 2012, 13:54

I like the moody lighting and the gritty, realistic look. It's true that the genre is becoming crowded, so it's probably best to be selective with these military shooters. I've bought only MW 1-3 and BF3 on release and then some of the others, such as MoH 2010, later on the cheap. This Frostbite 2.0-powered title looks more promising to me than Black Ops 2.

I hope by the time Warfighter is released those enticing new "Kepler" GPUs will be a bit more reasonably priced. BF3 was almost too much to handle for my GTX 560ti.
toaplan 73

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 21 May 2012, 14:22

Game looks s**t hot, but I agree it needs more custard, spaceships and trolls, innovation should be brisk with war shooters, it can't just be about war and shooting can it? Won't someone please think of the innovation!!!!!

I'm off now to describe how I want am football game to have car racing it it.

Clueless idiots.....
KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 21 May 2012, 14:23

stevied wrote:I think its getting very clear that these games are funded and pushed out as military/army recruitment simulations designed to get children interested in/desensitized and teenagers actually signing up for a "call of duty".

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare
KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby TheLastDodo » 21 May 2012, 14:43

Same trailer we saw a few weeks ago then so I'll leave the same response.

Looks like a CoD clone to me SO FAR but still plenty of time to win me over.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Jensonjet » 21 May 2012, 14:48

FlimFlam,
If hating a publisher's way of doing business, and their anti-secondhand market tatics, yet still think a game they sell looks good, then yes, I'm bi-polar (in your little world).

I am able to appreciate the work of a company yet dislike the company! Actually I thought that was normal. I guess that's not very video-gamer of me! I have no particular love for any specific publisher or developer and can enjoy products regardless of maker. I certainly don't buy into your way of thinking and consider everything EA do is crap because I don't like them. I simply choose to stand by my convictions and refuse to support the company. Again, probably not very video-game player of me!

Incidentally I don't "EA bash" for a laugh or to be current or to join in with what others say. My opinion on them is just that and I genuinely don't care how others view this company. Hate them, love them, feel indifferent about them, that's fine by me.
Jensonjet 47

Postby gmcb007 » 21 May 2012, 16:06

bamozzy wrote:To be honest - there is nothing that stands out from this trailer - It seems quite generic, not much gameplay and as it seems to be purely night time based - Dark. Still time to find out more before considering it for purchase though

Agreed. Nothing, and I mean nothing in this trailer is even remotely fresh nor intresting anymore.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Next