to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Dead Island 2 isn't in development, says Deep Silver

Your comments on our articles.

Publisher stomps on sequel development rumours

Dead Island publisher Deep Silver has squashed a rumour that Spec Op: The Line developer Yager Development has been tapped to make Dead Island 2.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Dead Island 2 isn't in development, says Deep Silver

Postby Rock Strongo » 18 May 2012, 23:42

Yes. I really enjoyed the first one despite it's flaws.
Rock Strongo 33

Re: Dead Island 2 isn't in development, says Deep Silver

Postby MPH » 19 May 2012, 10:19

Yes. Even though I ended up with a corrupted save (and no I wasn't dupping), DI was an amazing game.
MPH 52

Postby Coulson1990 » 19 May 2012, 11:16

Heck yes. But please repatch back in infinite kick in the first one. I miss can canning zombies to death
Coulson1990 44

Postby Mini-Nev » 19 May 2012, 11:26

No the game was broken and not because of glitchs. The leveling system made no sense, when you were level 1 the zombies were level 1 when your were level 35 the zombies were level 35. It made no sense!
"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."
Mini-Nev 43

Xbox Live: minin3v
PSN ID: MLNLN3V

Postby stevewan » 19 May 2012, 17:29

yay!
If your not with me, then your my enemy!
stevewan 31

Postby TheLastDodo » 19 May 2012, 19:25

If it's not in development then you can bet they're at least planning it out, I'd welcome another Dead Island, provided the save system works and address what Mini-Nev said about the levelling system.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby HelloLadies » 20 May 2012, 06:26

Mini-Nev wrote:No the game was broken and not because of glitchs. The leveling system made no sense, when you were level 1 the zombies were level 1 when your were level 35 the zombies were level 35. It made no sense!

I didn't mind that to much. Its similar to ES Oblivion and Skyrim. I was more disturbed by some of the glitches that resulted in me being killed zombies coming through walls and cracks and my character getting caught on different obstacles. Also the fact it was hyped up to make you think you were fighting on this tropical island which lasts less than a quarter of the game then your railroaded into some ghetto, jungle and prison environment.
HelloLadies 50

Postby YouStoleMyKill » 21 May 2012, 05:50

Yes ... get yager to develop it ... let them make it a 3rd person game ... give them time to make it ... add more guns (not to many though dont want it being another shooter ).... make it a proper survival horror .... make a proper co-op experience that doesn't freeze people's console's ... end result could be a genuine challenger to The Last of Us in the best survival game this gen ...this is just my opinion of course :wink:
YouStoleMyKill 37

PSN ID: Connor_mufc_1985