to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Microsoft and Sony: Please stop burying this year's best gam

Your comments on our articles.

Steve Boxer says XBLA and PSN games deserve more exposure...

So far, 2012 has been about as propitious a year for games as it has been for austerity-peddling European governments. In a way, it's a good job that there have hardly been any games worth buying, given that in the UK at least, we can't even buy games on our local high streets any more.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 09 May 2012, 17:35

To be honest all this social guff has no place on my xbox IMO. If I want bookoffaces, twitter, youtube or one of these frankly wank video/music 'apps' (I'm looking at you netflix and muzic) then I'll get on the PC. Things like Iplayer get the odd outing but I'd much prefer the predominate theme of my dashboard to be games games game, XBL games, game demos, game reviews anything to do with games, it's a bloody games machine after all.

Less boring gaming hilarity on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Video of the week; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUAeYL7eAdI
KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby benedictm » 09 May 2012, 17:36

i have wondered why you cant rearrange pages/tiles on XBL like a phone. Weird
benedictm 40

Postby petpiranha » 09 May 2012, 17:43

That's the best article I've read on this site. Ever.

Xbox 360 has so few exclusives, promoting real indie releases front and centre of the dashboard should be a priority.

Or at least have a custom "gamecore" dashboard vs "jack of all trades" dashboard where I have to hunt for game... on a gaming console...
petpiranha 28

Re: Microsoft and Sony: Please stop burying this year's best

Postby stealth » 09 May 2012, 18:05

1) Gaming stinks i agree
2) psn, and xbox live games stink, the games provided in this article stink

Hell even the scrapes we get on consoles and portables are better
stealth 47

Postby TheDragonDoji » 09 May 2012, 18:16

I am surprised that, in amongst the PSN bashing, the author didn't take the time to comment how s**t it USED to be compared with now; post hack.
When the PSN store finally came back online last May; Sony had introduced the 'Latest' section on the main page helpfully leading you to the week's new content. Prior to this update you had to shop around like a confused, lost child in a supermarket wilderness.

It can definitely be improved upon, however as a PS3 owner I am happy to retain the current setup if it means we avoid the lounge invading advertisements that pepper the entire Xbox dashboard.
"You fight well...in the 'old 'style."
TheDragonDoji 44

PSN ID: TheDragonDoji

Postby Jensonjet » 09 May 2012, 18:46

Payday; The heist is one such game. And as the article alludes about these smaller games, this happens to be one of the best from last year. It's an amazing 4-player co-op first-person shooter. Albeit a little ruined by a recent lazy update that's brought more problems than it's solved. But that aside it's an excellent, excellent game if you like 4-player co-op first-person shooters. My only complaint with it is the inability to remap the keys/triggers (but that's a complaint I have about nearly every game - and never will understand the industry's fear of allowing gamers to set them as they wish) and the extraordinarily slow turning speed! I wish developers would allow us to have turn speeds as fast as we wish (we're not all cack-handed, slow reactions, innacurate aiming, casual players!). I would highly recommend people check out the demo... and while you are guaranteed to meet some pretty crap players in the demo, the actual game has a really good community (if you bother to plug in a microphone and aren't scared to chat to strangers!!!!).

stealth,
Gaming stinks? That's a pretty sweeping statement! I've never been shy to suggest my hatred for some genres of games, or developers, or publishers, or some types of gamers for that matter, but the whole industry, all it's products and everyone who enjoys them!?! Have you wondered onto this website assuming it was about gardening or something?
Jensonjet 47

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 09 May 2012, 19:05

stealth wrote:1) Gaming stinks i agree

In light of no justification whatsoever for your comment you must be one of the following:
- Crazy.
- Blind.
- One of these potential bores that's gonna tell me retro games is where it's at.
- Craving for a post like this to jump on

Less boring gaming hilarity on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
KK-Headcharge78 63

Postby alan666 » 09 May 2012, 19:35

why is he telling us this, he should be telling MS & Sony who have hidden all the LIVE & PSN games away.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby Barry316 » 09 May 2012, 19:37

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:

In light of no justification whatsoever for your comment you must be one of the following:
- Crazy.
- Blind.
- One of these potential bores that's gonna tell me retro games is where it's at.
- Craving for a post like this to jump on

All the games he just said stink he wouldn't have even played. He only buys Nintendo products and Japanese games, and he calls everything else awful.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 09 May 2012, 19:39

Barry316- 'All the games he just said stink he wouldn't have even played. He only buys Nintendo products and Japanese games, and he calls everything else awful.'

Ahh I see he is one of THOSE :D

KK-Headcharge78 63

Postby Balladeer » 09 May 2012, 19:44

What I'm interested in is what he'd do with a Japanese PS3 game, or a Western Nintendo exclusive.
Balladeer 78

Postby KesMonkey » 09 May 2012, 19:52

You don't have to be a miserable prick everyday of your life.
I like cake.
KesMonkey 62

Postby charsh392 » 09 May 2012, 20:21

Hmm.... I don't want microsoft or Sony... Nintendo has more rpg/anime games than the two.. PS2 was great though.
As for what to buy of the two, it is surely uncertain! Maybe now they'll be more serious on what to give us. :D
charsh392 21

PSN ID: vvave-
xFire: charsh392

Postby gmcb007 » 09 May 2012, 22:16

The Xbox Dashboard should offer the ability to customise the tiles to the users preferences not unlike the iPhone/iPod menu.

GAming should always be the first priortity on my gaming console not an advert informing me that I can catch up on Eastenders!
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby leokhan » 09 May 2012, 23:04

MS get a lot of stick about the the new metro update. I have to disagree, its not the perfect update but its still very good. Surprisingly it takes the same number of button or stick movement to get to Games tab as it did in the previous update. Additionally the starting tile/tab has options for "Quick Play" which lists all your latest played games and apps. All the new games (including the above mentioned) get their own tile which stays for a week on the main starting tile. Therefore i find it quite strange that this article talks as if these are hidden. They are not. Only section which is hard done is Indie, but even that has been given prominent location in the "downloadable game" tile.
leokhan 24
New user

Next