to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Why Black Ops 2 Will Be Better Than Modern Warfare 3

Your comments on our articles.

5 reasons why Treyarch is poised to take the Call of Duty crown

As previously reported on CVG, the next instalment in the Call of Duty series will be formally unveiled on American TV this coming Tuesday, May 1st.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Why Black Ops 2 Will Be Better Than Modern Warfare 3

Postby SirDMCalot » 24 Apr 2012, 20:15

Currency system was not flawed. It meant that you could compete with higher level players since the perks were not blocked off by your current level. Edit:Nevermind, I read it wrong.

Also the dive was not added not removed, since IW uses their own version of the COD4 engine.

But I agree with your other points.
Last edited by SirDMCalot on 24 Apr 2012, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
SirDMCalot 20

Re: Why Black Ops 2 Will Be Better Than Modern Warfare 3

Postby deepbluerd » 24 Apr 2012, 20:58

I do enjoy both MW3 and Black Ops but for me Treyarch make a much better and more enjoyable game. Dont get me wrong MW3 was a lot better than MW2 but Black ops is still my fav!
deepbluerd 38

Postby illage2 » 24 Apr 2012, 21:07

I have to say I thought that it was IW that made the better Call of Duty games, but after playing MW2 and MW3, Black Ops stands out against them both. IW made one good Call of Duty game and that was MW1, but now Treyarch have taken over, and if Black Ops is set in the near future... then it will be amazing. It's about time Call of Duty looked to the future of warfare.
ImageImage
illage2 52

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby Reegeee » 24 Apr 2012, 21:53

I actually agree about the RCXD as it was good for getting campers, but it should have been a 5 or 6 killstreak. With hardline it was like 2 kills to get it I think so they where everywhere for a time.
Reegeee 71

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby GaryStew1980 » 25 Apr 2012, 00:51

Well it can't be worse, can it? Made Activision a fortune but my god it sucked.
GaryStew1980 33

Postby onlyonwend » 25 Apr 2012, 03:15

Really enjoyed this article. After Black ops I kinda swore off COD because I branched out to BFBC2 and rpg games. But then more recently I played Black Ops again (I skipped out on MW3) and realized that it is actually a very fun game and there is nothing like a fast paced game of call of duty when everybody is using normal guns and not overdoing the killstreaks.

Many people prefer IW because they permit quickscoping, an issue which I have much ambivalence on. I want to be able to get into a game where people aren't running around with snipers, but I also want to be able to have times where I let loose and quickscope either in public or private matches.

I am very much looking forward to Black Ops 2 because it seems like Treyarch understands what the majority of the community wants: Cool, new features and additions balanced with the core call of duty gameplay that should still exist, but with enough changes to be worth our money. And I think Black Ops did just that.

And Zombies. Oh yes, zombies is 60% of why I will buy this game. Heck, I would buy a game only with COD zombies.
onlyonwend 1
New user

Postby Headsrinker » 25 Apr 2012, 08:43

Black Ops 2 is guaranteed to be better than MW3, How could it possibly be any worse?? Black Ops is the best COD for me, by far the most fun.

All Treyarch have to do now is make sure the game is released without issues (such as connection problems and broken leaderboards). If they manage this, Black Ops 2 could well make Treyarch Activision's No1 team
Headsrinker 48

Steam: TheHeadshrinker

Postby murph_77 » 25 Apr 2012, 09:08

The RC-XD should have been an 11 or 12 killstreak. It was too low in BLOPS and hope it does not return like second chance, death streaks, commando (even built in commando that we still have). They really need to overhall the knifing system. Panic knifing is annoying as hell! Lag compensation needs the arse tunign off it as well if they are going to use it. when they start listening to the players that actually play the game to death we will have a near perfect CoD but I fear we have more chance of hell freezing over.
murph_77 44

Postby AM3 » 25 Apr 2012, 10:29

C'mon, Alex, all BLOPS2 multiplayer has to do to be better than MW3 multiplayer is to ACTUALLY WORK. Or have you missed the currently 550-page thread on the COD forums, that includes developer feedback, about how broken the netcode is for the game?

Unfortunately Treyarch showed with BLOPS that they really lack the finesse and eye for detail to create a truly great game, and BLOPS was not without huge issues in multiplayer too, though they made it playable by the end. Plus, they used the original COD4 engine for it and you could tell it looked out of date just from the previews. The end result I found highly disappointing.

For me the benchmark multiplayer game of the series is really MW2. Grenade Launcher issues aside, it was more or less as good as it gets in terms of COD gameplay. BLOPS was a shadow of it, and MW3 is just a terribly sad, broken mess that the studio pertaining to be Infinity Ward cannot fix, even 6 months after release.

What's amazing is that no other studio has been able to replicate the COD formula successfully. Not yet anyway, I'm hoping Respawn will blow Activision out of the water both with their new (as yet unnanounced) shooter, and the pending legal case.
AM3 1
New user

Postby gmcb007 » 25 Apr 2012, 13:18

So the next CoD articles have started already. Best not come on here on May 2nd then.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 62

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby Chris_Shanahan87 » 25 Apr 2012, 14:18

MW3's campaign was amazing, the multiplayer was a mixed bag because it had Treyarch and Sledgehammer games chip in (which makes this article redundant)

Black Ops was awful all round. People give it a free pass because it had less problems than MW2, but that doesn't make it a good game. Treyarch lack the flare and finesse of IW, and i'd rather play an exciting game with a few bugs than a complete borefest.

MW2 was hands down the best MP imo.
Chris_Shanahan87 47

Postby Reegeee » 25 Apr 2012, 14:37

I'm amazed there are two people here that think MW2 was the best. It was easily the most unbalanced of them all. Non stop quick scoping, scavenger noob tubes with danger close, commando, constant air support and the introduction of stacking killstreaks! For me MW2 had all the worst parts of the COD games in one package. I would put it down as my least favourite somewhere down there with MW3.

BLOPS and COD 4 share the top 2 places for me. If it wasn't for the dodgy hit detection I would probably rate BLOPS higher than COD 4.
Reegeee 71

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby Headsrinker » 25 Apr 2012, 15:11

Reegeee

I'm amazed there are two people here that think MW2 was the best. It was easily the most unbalanced of them all. Non stop quick scoping, scavenger noob tubes with danger close, commando, constant air support and the introduction of stacking killstreaks! For me MW2 had all the worst parts of the COD games in one package. I would put it down as my least favourite somewhere down there with MW3.

BLOPS and COD 4 share the top 2 places for me. If it wasn't for the dodgy hit detection I would probably rate BLOPS higher than COD 4.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

For those that actually think MW3 is exciting , i've just re-painted my living room, you might wanna come round and watch it dry, it would be equally as exciting as MW3.
Headsrinker 48

Steam: TheHeadshrinker

Postby biron_w » 25 Apr 2012, 15:30

This years COD will be better because MW3 is total garbage. It's by far the worst COD i've played.
I thought MW2 was unbalanced buy IW somehow managed to trump that with MW3. Easier QSing,killstreaks that don't reset,secondary weapons that are more useful than primary weapons. Not to mention god awful maps and matchmaking.
Blops is so much more fun than MW3 is right now.
biron_w 34

Postby billysastard » 25 Apr 2012, 15:33

Chris_Shanahan87 wrote:MW3's campaign was amazing,

unless you blinked in which case you'd miss it ;)

seriously treyarch have been the #1 cod team for several years, not only with waw & bo1 but also with mw:reflex and mw3 on the wii.

billysastard 60

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Next