to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

One Piece: Pirate Warriors is PSN-only hack-'em-up

Your comments on our articles.

Namco Bandai crosses Dynasty Warriors with popular anime series

Namco Bandai has revealed a new hack-n-slash adventure based on the One Piece anime series.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

One Piece: Pirate Warriors is PSN-only hack-'em-up

Postby k-mysta » 17 Apr 2012, 22:34

Any news on what arcs it will follow? Interested to see how Haki will work. Definitely going to play as Ao Kiji if possible. Will keep an eye on this
k-mysta 43

Re: One Piece: Pirate Warriors is PSN-only hack-'em-up

Postby shogunreaper » 17 Apr 2012, 23:01

k-mysta wrote:Any news on what arcs it will follow? Interested to see how Haki will work. Definitely going to play as Ao Kiji if possible. Will keep an eye on this

Well if you want to know about the game all you have to do is search around, the japanese version has been out for months now.

Anyway I doubt i'll get this, defintly not worth 60 bucks. I was going to give it a rent but since its only going to be digital guess i won't be playing it.
shogunreaper 47

Postby EighteenSky » 18 Apr 2012, 00:00

A tad annoyed at the lack of physical release but nevertheless it's a day 1 purchase as long as it's a reasonable price on PSN, no more than 35 pounds.

I love One Piece and the Dynasty Warriors series. The DW esque games are my favourite, but please include the Funimation dub, I don't mind the Japanese voices but I much prefer the Funi dub.
EighteenSky 70

Postby shogunreaper » 18 Apr 2012, 01:05

EighteenSky wrote:A tad annoyed at the lack of physical release but nevertheless it's a day 1 purchase as long as it's a reasonable price on PSN, no more than 35 pounds.

I love One Piece and the Dynasty Warriors series. The DW esque games are my favourite, but please include the Funimation dub, I don't mind the Japanese voices but I much prefer the Funi dub.

Reasonable lol? It will be full price, you could bet your life on that.
shogunreaper 47

Postby snipeshotsamurai » 18 Apr 2012, 01:14

The game covers upto the time skip in the main story mode.

Bit slow here though cvg, this was confirmed for release in America and Europe over a week ago

It is apparently getting a disc release here, it is only psn only in America as there will be no English dub which is a requirement for disc release by SCEA leading to Agarest War and Warriors Orochi 3 only getting download releases in America, Yakuza got an exception. SCEE has no such restriction for disc release here.

EDIT.
It is getting a disc release here, the European version of the trailer clearly shows the box art for a disc release.
snipeshotsamurai 52

Postby Zellpunch » 18 Apr 2012, 08:49

Don't even like the show but I think I may download this! Who knows it may get me interested in the manga/anime
Zellpunch 43

Postby Real-Don » 18 Apr 2012, 13:30

They stopped making anime dub, maybe same won't happen with the game.
Real-Don 16

Postby snipeshotsamurai » 18 Apr 2012, 13:36

Real-Don wrote:They stopped making anime dub, maybe same won't happen with the game.

They have restarted it, Funimation only had a licence upto the end of Skypea, but they now have upto the end of Thriller Bark
snipeshotsamurai 52

Postby BruceFace » 18 Apr 2012, 15:02

Zellpunch wrote:Don't even like the show but I think I may download this! Who knows it may get me interested in the manga/anime

The manga / anime is leagues beyond the generic shounen you get nowadays, I really do recommend trying it out.
I'm disappointed in the playable character list for this, I was expecting more for the time frame it covers.
BruceFace 38

Postby k-mysta » 18 Apr 2012, 19:28

Haha. Looked around for news and this looks really interesting. Apparently there are post and pre timeskip arcs, separate character arcs and a main storyline. Famitsu gave it a 36/40 so if this comes out on disc, I just might give it a rent even buy further down the line. One piece is an amazing anime series. Shame people are put off by it. Once you get into it, its great
k-mysta 43