Resident Evil 6: Three campaigns and three ways to play

Your comments on our articles.

World's first look at the next Resident Evil

Between all the different flavours of zombifying virus, all the clones of clones, all the mad geniuses and evil corporations and all the retcons and remakes, Resident Evil's mythology is a muddy pit from which decipherable continuity has no escape.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Resident Evil 6: Three campaigns and three ways to play

Postby burnsyboy2004 » 10 Apr 2012, 16:50

I cannot read anymore of this because it sounds utter shyte :(

Screw action, more survival horror please.

RIP Resident Evil
burnsyboy2004 39

Re: Resident Evil 6: Three campaigns and three ways to play

Postby TheLastDodo » 10 Apr 2012, 16:59

I'm guessing this means three mini campaigns not three full campaigns.

If I could get ten or more hours out of the "survival horror" campaign then it might be worth a look but if it's around six hours then forget it.

Usually I'd say Quality>Quantity but when I don't care for 2/3's of a game anyway then I want more bang for my buck.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Darkwun » 10 Apr 2012, 17:23

I have a little faith restored... but I guess that depends on how long each campaign is. 10 hours each would be about right... Resi 4 took me 24 hours the first time so Playing for a bit longer than that and I'll probably enjoy this. Somewhat. Well, maybe Leon's segments... hard not to be sceptical after I distinctly remember wetting my pants when Resi 5 was announced.
Apologies for my posts, I'm a pathological moron. Think Sheldon Cooper.... Without the brains.
Darkwun 49

Xbox Live: D4RKWUN

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 10 Apr 2012, 18:25

Three ways to play and they still couldn't offer one that stuck to what root fans wanted. I think Dodo's right. This'll be three mini campaigns within a 6 hour length in total. I just can't see Crapcom of all people offering anything over 8 in total.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby garlygunto » 10 Apr 2012, 18:49

i want to know one thing where is jill valentine.? she should be with chris, it makes no sense for her not to be in it. where's jill.
garlygunto 5

Postby WHITEyy118 » 10 Apr 2012, 20:45

TheLastDodo wrote:I'm guessing this means three mini campaigns not three full campaigns.

This!
WHITEyy118 39

Postby Imaduck » 10 Apr 2012, 21:24

3 hours then?
Imaduck 58

Postby verynaughtyboy » 10 Apr 2012, 22:20

If I do decide to get this, it will only be when the Complete Edition with all the D.L.C. is available... for £10 or less.
I spend all my money on Games and Consoles. Any left over I just waste.
verynaughtyboy 41

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 10 Apr 2012, 23:33

The trailer look awful, there goes any interest I had in the title or the series.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby gmcb007 » 11 Apr 2012, 00:02

You know when I fisrt seen the reveal trailer and it first showed Leon's Racoon cuty style campaign, I was extremely excited, then they showed chris' campaign and then I lost all excitement. After Capcom came out and said what their intended market was for this game then I lost all hope. I understand that some games need to freshen up their campaign but they're going after a market that are happy with their own game (CoD) You can't create a Cod experience without a CoD game, simple as that.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 11 Apr 2012, 00:46

What gets me is how when they say a game series such as RE has gotten stale, the only way to freshen it up is to completely re-haul the entire game, which in turn, changes what the audience loved. Instead of completely changing everything, why don't you lazy developers do your bloody jobs and make sure individual aspects of your original creation are exciting and fun to play again? Controls a bit of an old bugger? Change 'em up a bit. Gameplay itself turning into repetitive puzzle item fetch tasks? Spruce it up and make them feel worthwhile rather than just filler. Don't just look at a different series that shares no resemblance in ideas or genre and think for one second you can actually get as much attention and sales your way by catering to them. You're not freshening up the series for existing fans. You're alienating existing fans and failing to win over new ones because they already have what they want.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Darkwun » 11 Apr 2012, 01:02

TheCrimsonFenix wrote:What gets me is how when they say a game series such as RE has gotten stale, the only way to freshen it up is to completely re-haul the entire game, which in turn, changes what the audience loved. Instead of completely changing everything, why don't you lazy developers do your bloody jobs and make sure individual aspects of your original creation are exciting and fun to play again? Controls a bit of an old bugger? Change 'em up a bit. Gameplay itself turning into repetitive puzzle item fetch tasks? Spruce it up and make them feel worthwhile rather than just filler. Don't just look at a different series that shares no resemblance in ideas or genre and think for one second you can actually get as much attention and sales your way by catering to them. You're not freshening up the series for existing fans. You're alienating existing fans and failing to win over new ones because they already have what they want.

This. RE4 felt fresh to me, or a step in the right direction. The fetch quests were tightened. A lot less backtracking.

Inventory tightened up. The attache was great.

The puzzles made more sense in a quasi-real world setting. And loads more little tweaks...

When I heard about Resi 5 I thought there'd be more tweaks along the same lines towards the horror aspect as they realised what they were onto... no, Capcom bigwigs think they owe the success to action stating that the survival horror market is dead. BS. The hype for Resi 4 was huge before the rewrite and the uproar when the new version was shown amidst fears of the core of the franchise being lost showed how big the true survival horror market is.

Resi is not an FPS, they had their chance with Umbrella Chronicles. Football is comercially more popular than mud wrestling, but I sure as hell don't wanna see Wayne Rooney ripping off Giggs' thong. Capcom should try reading the fans, not the money.
Apologies for my posts, I'm a pathological moron. Think Sheldon Cooper.... Without the brains.
Darkwun 49

Xbox Live: D4RKWUN

Postby GamerRespawned » 11 Apr 2012, 13:52

Has no one else seriously and completely lost faith in Crapcom- I mean Capcom. After they announced Azura's Wrath 'True Ending' DLC, I just hate them now. Then their was the business with the 'already on disc' DLC. And finally, my most hated game of the year (four months in, I know) Resi Evil: Operation Raccoon Sh**ty...
GamerRespawned 10

Postby JEENERO » 11 Apr 2012, 23:09

I don't understand why people are still hung up on the new direction resident evil is taking. If Capcom were to continue with the same old style everyone would get bored eventually. It makes perfect sense for resident evil to adopt a more action orientated theme, especially as these characters are more than accustomed to these frequent virus outbreaks. As a hardcore resi fan I for one am excited!!!!!! :P
JEENERO 2
New user

Postby illage2 » 12 Apr 2012, 06:15

I'll no doubt be getting this. I like action mixed with Horror, but please Capcom, p**s off with the Puzzles. I want to survive the horror, not solve puzzles, things like fuse boxes etc would be good as puzzles, but I don't want them dominating the game.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Next