to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

DMC: Devil May Cry: Hands-on proves it's better than you thi

Your comments on our articles.

Why you'll love New Dante, whether you want to or not

Devil May Cry's number-less revival was supposed to be terrible - a western studio handling a resolutely Japanese genre with a detestably youthful pretty-boy protagonist and a combo system which looked suspect at best. But bad news, internet: DMC is good, the combo system is solid, and you'll like New Dante, whether you want to or not.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

DMC: Devil May Cry: Hands-on proves it's better than you thi

Postby StonecoldMC » 10 Apr 2012, 16:27

I picked up the DMC HD Remake at the weekend.

Its a series that I truly think is brilliant. I'm confident that Ninja Theory will step up to the plate and produce the goods, even if the Tinterweb don't want them too.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Re: DMC: Devil May Cry: Hands-on proves it's better than you

Postby Dralel » 10 Apr 2012, 16:36

Read the article. Still prefer the classic "good" Dante. Still hate the new one.
Dralel 36

Steam: Dralel

Postby TheLastDodo » 10 Apr 2012, 16:38

Underestimate the internet at your own peril Michael :D
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Fr33Kye » 10 Apr 2012, 16:45

f**k yeah. I so want this game to be great.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby tekplyrx » 10 Apr 2012, 18:31

Nope CVG, you still haven't convinced me to get this game.. if anything you've given me more reasons not to get this.. a dumbed down combo system, slower fighting and no jumping off baddies. I bet they even removed the R1+left stick sideways+X (ps2/ps3) evasion moves as well and probably assigned it to a button. I'll wait and see how it turns out
tekplyrx 39

Postby Imaduck » 10 Apr 2012, 21:31

And so, a new chapter of fangirls was formed ......

In other news: the actual game bombed :roll:
Imaduck 58

Postby eastldn » 10 Apr 2012, 22:26

Bayonetta, and nobody bought the bloody thing

yeah they did 1million people did
eastldn 43

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 11 Apr 2012, 10:38

The more i see and read about this game the more i can't wait to finally play it.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby ensabahnur » 11 Apr 2012, 11:12

I thought Bayonetta shifted decent numbers? It was certainly one of the best games this gen and, as said, the true progression from DMC3. A damn sight better than DMC4 which i still enjoyed but not as much as DMC3.

This looks great though. I enjoyed Enslaved but the lack of a true combat system kinda ruined it for me, Heavenly Sword was good but the game could get quite annoying. This however is looking like the game that Ninja Theory will be remembered for. The air combo's look amazing and the addition of this games equivalent of the Devil Bringer looks good too.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby SavageEvil » 11 Apr 2012, 20:21

What's with the writers on CVG, how in the hell could Bayonetta be the sequel to DMC 3, when 3 was a damn prequel? Geez it's like star sticker day at the special school when these guys write at times. DMC4 was a sequel to DMC 1 & the atrocity that was 2 which should have never happened. So this new DMC is basically before DMC 3, so I guess we call it DMC -1, or something as absurd as that.

Did Dante go through another change since the last change? People complain about those who complained about the character design change, honestly it makes sense not to stray far from the original design else you alienate the fans from the games' following. So this new revision looks a bit more like the bad boy Dante from DMC3, sans the white hair. Now I would hope that perhaps these guys have a better grasp of camera work as all DMC before tend to drive you a little batty with camera angles that switched all too often resident evil style. The combat system should be along the lines of DMC3 awesome on the fly switching of active swords, gauntlets and guns to make for truly chaotic combat with a flair for those who can utilize juggles to no end. We'll see how this pans out, so far I'm not exactly interested in getting this game as I played the demo of Blades of Time which looks pants but does have some interesting time capturing gameplay. Play it and once you figure out how to defeat the semi boss come back and let us know.
SavageEvil 51

Postby spikekakeru » 13 Apr 2012, 04:10

Second article i read on this site and it still shows how little research they did before writing it. I guess thats what i get for reading articles from an unknown site. No professionalism to be found here. So long
spikekakeru 2
New user

Postby wwinterj » 25 Apr 2012, 20:39

Will wait for reviews but I'm interested in this been as I love Devil May Cry and this game doesn't look to bad.
wwinterj 50

Xbox Live: wwinterj
PSN ID: wwinterj

Postby kokaku kidotai » 25 Apr 2012, 21:54

yeah well the dmc can have great combat system have top noch graphics bad-ass soundtrack etc. but still not dante why in the hell they just not change the character looks to the dante we all love. is it that hard? or just plain don't care what comsumers think wich in my opinion is not very smart. but still i'm not goin to buy it until drops to 20 bucks and even then maybe i won't get it at all don't know yet. cause the same happend with the new castlevania game is good but there's not trace of the castlevania i like and love but f***ck it that's my opinion anyway.
kokaku kidotai 2
New user