to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Kinect Star Wars review: Forget the dancing videos - this is

Your comments on our articles.

Controller, you are

You cautiously stretch out a hand. On screen a lightsaber flies your way. Impressive. Ok, Mr. Lucas, let's see what you can do. You swing a limb left. Your lightsaber swings left. You swing right. It swings right. You cheekily try a double-handed grip and - ta da! - your avatar does the same. Amazing.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby StonecoldMC » 03 Apr 2012, 10:19

:lol:

Your wrong CVG, all the people who haven't played the Game yet told me it was rubbish yesterday.

I demand a rewrite :wink: .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby runadumb » 03 Apr 2012, 10:21

Heads up, there's a grammatical error in the title "Controller, you are"

What?
Why's everyone looking at me like that?

...The f**ks a "Yoda"?

Treat this like an Arcade game and I think most would be happy. At the right price of course :wink:
Last edited by runadumb on 03 Apr 2012, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
runadumb 62

Re: Kinect Star Wars review: Forget the dancing videos - thi

Postby starvinbull » 03 Apr 2012, 10:25

StonecoldMC wrote::lol:

Your wrong CVG, all the people who haven't played the Game yet told me it was rubbish yesterday.

8.5, quick rush out and buy it for £29.99rrp.
starvinbull 59

Postby ensabahnur » 03 Apr 2012, 10:30

Taaa-Dahh, i should be writing these things. Told you all it was good.

The one thing i wonder though did the reviewer try the podracing with the assists off and the speed turned up, also did he try braking for some of those corners on Felucia cause i've been making it round the corners no problem? It's just a case of knowing the track, as with all racing games the more you go round the better you get.

Tried the dancing last night for 5 minutes, after laughing for another 5 when checking out the song names and trying to figure out what they're covers of. It seems to be Dance Central with a Star Wars flavour. Would have actually had a proper shot if not for the fear of a friend videoing it on his phone and posting it on PussJotter.

Ok 8.5 might be a bit high when the only thing you'll probably go back to is the podracing.

And i've just been reading a few other reviews on EG and IGN, i think they went into the podracing as set up and played it once or twice, probably standing up as well. Get a chair and sit down, it doesn't hurt your arms at all when your not having to hold them up. Play it like a tank controlled game. And i've went full races without having to throw things at the little bots.
Last edited by ensabahnur on 03 Apr 2012, 10:46, edited 4 times in total.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby Dewin » 03 Apr 2012, 10:33

Metacritic disagrees with you...
Dewin 49

Postby starvinbull » 03 Apr 2012, 10:36

Dewin wrote:Metacritic disagrees with you...

Then obviously you should be paying more attention to the 1 "correct" review here on CVG.
starvinbull 59

Postby StonecoldMC » 03 Apr 2012, 10:38

starvinbull wrote:
StonecoldMC wrote::lol:

8.5, quick rush out and buy it for £29.99rrp.

Im not going to run out and buy it, but I might buy it :wink: .

My point was one that is typical of the tinterweb: The mob decides something is crap (Film, Album, Game) before seeing it, hearing it or playing it themselves. Right now, Kinect is the biggest Pinata out there and gets battered on a daily basis, generally from those that either haven't tried it themselves or are just going with what the mob thinks.

So props to ensabahnur and as Andy Gray would say, take a bow son, take a bow :wink: .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby StonecoldMC » 03 Apr 2012, 10:40

starvinbull wrote:
Dewin wrote:Metacritic disagrees with you...

Then obviously you should be paying more attention to the 1 "correct" review here on CVG.

Its OK guys, seriously its OK for people to think differently from you and for you to think differently from them. You don't need to get upset, angry, annoyed or feel that you have something to prove through justification.

You don't like it, you haven't played it. Smile and move on.

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby Barry316 » 03 Apr 2012, 10:53

There's justification coming from the both of you.

Seems a Marmite game. If you like it then that's nice, if you don't then that's equally nice.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby starvinbull » 03 Apr 2012, 11:04

@stonecold

Seriously, I would love it if you went out and splashed £29.99 on this game which by any stretch of the imagination isn't what was promised.

I'm not made angry by this game which as you correctly point out I have not played, I am disapointed.

Kinect looks to me like a sideshow in this console generation yet the hyperbole of its prelaunch was that the "haters" were lacking foresight, that they weren't thinking of the potential.

I have read several reviews, some are faintly positive, some are scathing, CVG have made it sound like one of the best SW games ever made and their score demonstrates that.

If they'd made KoTOR with motion contols I'd be spending £29.99 on it, but as glowing as this 1 review is, I doubt I'll ever give it the time of day.

That's the perfectly rational response to middling reviews and countless youtube dance mini game videos.
starvinbull 59

Postby G00N3R » 03 Apr 2012, 11:15

There seems to be a disconnect between the written review (yes I read the words) and the final score. Two references to unresponsive kinect controls, two references to kinect moving/shooting for you, two references to the game being very short ... but a very good 8.5 score. Confusing.
G00N3R 49

Postby Dewin » 03 Apr 2012, 11:52

I actually played the game at Gamescon last year. They had a few closed off hubs where you could try it at the MS booth. And the experience was underwhelming. This game has a good heart but the controls were just not there. And reading from other reviews, the problems it had then, are the ones that are in the game now. And even this review from C+VG mentions these problems, but still gives it an 8.5. So for all the people who are thinking to buy this game... read a few more reviews, or better yet, try before you buy. You might like it, but there is a big chance you might not.
Dewin 49

Postby wildhook2 » 03 Apr 2012, 11:55

Funny, Eurogamer gave it 5.
wildhook2 54

Postby JBoo » 03 Apr 2012, 11:57

I bet if it was PS3 only CVG would of given it 1/10 (YAWN) LoL:D
JBoo 31

Postby TheBusterMan » 03 Apr 2012, 12:03

Barry316 wrote:There's justification coming from the both of you.

Seems a Marmite game. If you like it then that's nice, if you don't then that's equally nice.

Alwaways prefered the supermarkets own brand yeast extract to Marmite. :wink:
TheBusterMan 48

Next