to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Skyrim: Has the lag on PlayStation 3 finally been fixed?

Your comments on our articles.

Fourth patch deployed ahead of DLC

Being a PlayStation Elder Scrolls fan has not been fun. While Xbox 360 and PC gamers have been smugly whacking orcs upside the face, the PS3 edition has been largely unplayable thanks to nebulous technical issues centred on a nosediving frame rate during extended play times. Here's the kicker: not everyone suffers, and those that do report a whole range of maladies, from complete freezes to uncompletable quests.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Skyrim: Has the lag on PlayStation 3 finally been fixed?

Postby rhyfel » 01 Apr 2012, 09:58

to little to late, the ps3 version of skyrim should not of been released and the people who did buy it bethesda should of offered a full refund but we all know that would never happen, bethesda knew the ps3 version was broken before launch but still chose to release it, that proves that the game publishers don't give a hoot for there customers there just interested in your money, and guess what? we let them get away with it time after time, people seem to forget that the power is in our hands? so when are we going to start using it? if we start boycotting these broken games the game publishers will soon get the message nothing hurts more than hitting these companies in the wallet. no other company on earth would use tactics like what the videogame industry use nowadays its beyond a joke and if us the customers don't act things will just get worse much worse.
rhyfel 37

Re: Skyrim: Has the lag on PlayStation 3 finally been fixed?

Postby illage2 » 01 Apr 2012, 10:25

What about the Xbox version? I am trapped in the mine, the one you get sent too when arrested in Marakarth (or however you spell it) I can't get out. I can't mine anything, and I am there on my own, no one else is in the mine with me.

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE PATCHED!

If I have no choice but the start the game again, then I am trading Skyrim in. I cannot be bothered starting the whole game again.

I used to play Skyrim, but then I took a kick to the balls!
ImageImage
illage2 53

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby stealth » 01 Apr 2012, 12:07

never because bethesda has never made a non broken game ever
stealth 47

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 01 Apr 2012, 14:27

My copy has been lag free since the previous update. Its disappointing this ever happened but hasnt taken away from my enjoyment of the game, its superb!
TheLastDodo - "EU PS Store: Lowering........scratch that, Burying the bar since 2007"
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: scyzer500
PSN ID: macby19

Postby Reegeee » 01 Apr 2012, 19:35

Me too, it's a bit sloppy and isn't a good thing, but the lag only really started for me after I had been playing it for over 100 hours anyway. It's not like you get any where near that much content from any other game so complaining does seem a bit rich.

Since the update mine has been fine too.
Future wants to close CVG. Lets try and stop that with this petition Change.org
Reegeee 72

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby corkscru74 » 01 Apr 2012, 20:26

rhyfel wrote: no other company on earth would use tactics like what the videogame industry use nowadays.

Go to Google and search for Ford+Pinto+Faulty+Gas+Tank+Fires+"worked out it was cheaper to pay off the burnt to death victim's relatives than recall the cars"....then try to sleep at night knowing that they got away with doing it!

OT: Didn't realise Bethesda had held back review copies of PS3 code, naughty naughty.
corkscru74 50

Xbox Live: Corkscru74

Postby kirankara » 02 Apr 2012, 12:47

Reegeee wrote:Me too, it's a bit sloppy and isn't a good thing, but the lag only really started for me after I had been playing it for over 100 hours anyway. It's not like you get any where near that much content from any other game so complaining does seem a bit rich.

Since the update mine has been fine too.

that makes no sense, since a) some people have been affected from about 10 hrs into game and b) how is it justified that it becomes faulty and stops you playing game as it's supposed to be played, no matter how far into game the fault develops?????

It's great youve managed 100hrs into the game before having fault, but many others havent been that lucky, and the game should work all the way through the duration of game, not just until you think the game has delivered enough value.
kirankara 57

Postby Reegeee » 02 Apr 2012, 15:57

Sorry I didn't realise I had offended your mother with that remark. :P
Future wants to close CVG. Lets try and stop that with this petition Change.org
Reegeee 72

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee