to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

3 new PlayStation Home exclusive games announced

Your comments on our articles.

Free-to-play naval combat title, hyper-violent shooter, and a multiplayer RPG

Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced three new PlayStation Home exclusive games.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

3 new PlayStation Home exclusive games announced

Postby B_G_G » 28 Mar 2012, 22:55

How do you hyper violently shoot someone in the face? What do I need to do to step up the violence of my face shooting? I had no idea my face shooting to this point wasn't violent enough, this has come as quite a shock.
B_G_G 51

Re: 3 new PlayStation Home exclusive games announced

Postby Ali_ » 29 Mar 2012, 00:05

Sony are turning "flogging a dead horse" into necrophilia.
Ali_ 57

Postby stealth » 29 Mar 2012, 01:49

all those games are lame
stealth 47

Postby KippDynamite » 29 Mar 2012, 01:56

I like to rag on home as much as the next guy, but has anyone actually played the slew of new games in home? Are they any good?
KippDynamite 49

PSN ID: KippDynamite

Postby gmcb007 » 29 Mar 2012, 02:02

No man's land looks pretty impressive. Would have been better to be a PSN download instead of making you go through Home.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby Asinine » 29 Mar 2012, 08:14

gmcb007 wrote:No man's land looks pretty impressive. Would have been better to be a PSN download instead of making you go through Home.

Agreed.

Or perhaps a games portal instead of 'Home' for the freebie games that Home et al provides over PSN/SEN.

I quite like the look of both of them, but then I remember that Home is a pain in the arse, I can't see the point in it, I do force myself to take a look once every 6 months or so and am surprised each time at what it provides for free, then I remember the hassle it took to get into it and find what I wanted to play or try out. I tried out a Wipeout type racing game a while back and some tank shooter, both pretty decent really, but ultimately not enough for me to want to wade through getting into Home since. Not interested in talking to random people or virtual dancing with a bubble machine.
Asinine 49

Postby RustySpoon80 » 29 Mar 2012, 08:49

gmcb007 wrote:No man's land looks pretty impressive. Would have been better to be a PSN download instead of making you go through Home.

Thats the problem. People say Home doesn't offer enough and needs new games and features. Sony adds these and people say they wish they weren't part of Home. Home would be better if you didn't have to download GB's worth of stuff to be able to use it. It should all be cloud based.
RustySpoon80 56

Postby EvilWaterman » 29 Mar 2012, 08:52

B_G_G wrote:How do you hyper violently shoot someone in the face? What do I need to do to step up the violence of my face shooting? I had no idea my face shooting to this point wasn't violent enough, this has come as quite a shock.

Ha Ha! Nice One! :lol:
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 54

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Postby Padua » 29 Mar 2012, 09:10

RustySpoon80 wrote:

Thats the problem. People say Home doesn't offer enough and needs new games and features. Sony adds these and people say they wish they weren't part of Home. Home would be better if you didn't have to download GB's worth of stuff to be able to use it. It should all be cloud based.

I don't hate Home but out of all my entertainment options Home naturally ranks at the bottom and I rarely open it. :oops: If you view Home as still experimental it ain't so bad. I will give all these games a try but the mini-games I have played already just feel clunky, restrictive and dated.

I think I would actually prefer a mode when you have no avatar and choose areas and activities from a menu instead of walking and dancing all over the place! :lol:
Padua 63

PSN ID: ACD1306

Postby cupoftea » 29 Mar 2012, 09:22

noy been on home since i got bombarded with messages from guys (ppl my woman character isnt real) :roll: :roll:
cupoftea 36

Postby cupoftea » 29 Mar 2012, 09:42

im not going to mention wat they said to my 13 yr old daughter
cupoftea 36

Postby dakillerelite » 29 Mar 2012, 12:04

I had the same problem when me and my 7 year old daughter played home, when I go on as a bloke nobody wants to talk to me, but when she changed the avatar to a girl loads of saddos kept following her around and asking her to marry them and send friend requests , so I don’t let her play anymore, and I feel sorry for proper gaming females they must get hassle all the time they should call it pedo-home.
dakillerelite 6

Postby bamozzy » 30 Mar 2012, 14:17

Home should be totally 'FREE' throughout - some parts are some aren't. Everything takes so long to download and install too and when you get to a 'zone' after all the downloading etc, you can't do anything without additional downloading and/or paying for everything. I find it all very frustrating and so never really go there anymore. I might put up with some of the hassle of it all if it was FREE.
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 67

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne