Nah..... ur wrong, STORY DOES MATTER. (Why the hell are you going to be involved with a game about ninja that fights for burgers?)
all team ninja had to do in NG3 was : bring us Ninja Gaiden 2 back, but, with a compelling story, good missions - levels, some cool & creative bosses, but apart from this, leave everything as amazing and good as it was.
I mean; IF YOU CREATE SUCH A SUCCESFUL PRODUCT, WHICH EVERYONE LIKES , SELLS GOOD and is such an awesome gaming experience (as NG2) WHY THE HELL CHANGE IT? .... why brake it?, why let down all your long time fans?,
I waited day after day for NG3 to finally launch, but when I heard it was a failure... I got just so disappointed, allthough... I liked so much NG2 that I thought "Bahh, impossible!!, its impossible that NG3 sucks so much as people are saying, but when I gave it a try... Jesus,... it really really sucked big time. what a sad thing, even nowadays I still feel... mad and cheated by team ninja.
To me the list should simply be:
1. Make a GOOD & creative story.
2. Bring us back the core mechanics, blood, gore, fighting system of Ninja Gaiden 2.
3. DO NOT touch this game's difficulty, in fact, I agree on this one; if you want idiots to play your game, just make an Idiot difficulty mode.
4. WEAPONS - I mean are you serious with NG3? WHAT THE HELL!!!, gimme back all my weapons!! that was about 60% of what made this game so awesome before...
5. Insane, innovative , tough BOSSES
6. Your done..., you'll sell this game as you want, a major success, without letting down your fans, just remember, ninja gaiden is what it is thanks to your.. long term, loyal hardcore gaming fans!!!