to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Ninja Gaiden 4: What we want to see

Your comments on our articles.

This is our list, but what do YOU want to see?

Ninja Gaiden 3 has finally been let loose on the world, but not everyone's happy it's here. As you'll see in our Ninja Gaiden 3 review round-up, opinion of the game has been mixed, with scores ranging from 8/10 to 3/10.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Ninja Gaiden 4: What we want to see

Postby photoboy » 25 Mar 2012, 20:48

I think NG3's main problem is repetitiveness, it's just endless waves of very samey enemies. NG1 solved this by constantly changing the enemies- sometimes bats, sometimes dinosaur-like fiends and sometimes ghost fish. Too much of NG3 was the same basic soldier types and it got tiring. I think the lack of weapons didn't help, but I tended to use the Dragon Sword for most of the time anyway. A bigger omission was the lack of the various equippable charms and different ninpo magic in NG3. There was only one ninpo meaning there was again less variety in the combat.

I don't think the drop in difficulty is a huge issue, not for me anyway. A game needs to grab me with its style, setting and gameplay in order to entice me to move up the difficulty levels. So starting me off with a relatively simple challenge is OK.

I think my biggest problem with NG3 (and NG2) is the lack of exploration and platforming. The first game often had unpopulated areas for the player to explore, with hard to reach areas requiring skilful platforming to reach that would then reward the player with a new weapon or power-up. There were also the hidden scarabs to collect for extra items. By comparison NG3 is really cut-down: no charms, only one ninpo, few weapons, no customisation/levelling up of Ryu or his weapons and no item shops.

I'd really like to see Tecmo look long and hard at NG1 and bring back more of what made that games so good. That said, I did fairly enjoy NG3, but it could have been so much better with a bit more depth and customisation and I did enjoy it more than NG2.
photoboy 48

Re: Ninja Gaiden 4: What we want to see

Postby Rock Strongo » 25 Mar 2012, 20:54

A big ole pile of s**t. I am confident I won't be disappointed.
Rock Strongo 33

Postby Sleepaphobic » 25 Mar 2012, 23:49

Just remake Black
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby NGP » 26 Mar 2012, 00:55

Sorry but this writer doesn't know much about the game. He calls for there to be an easier difficulty added for new players while keeping it hard for the rest of us. That is exactly what they did with NG3... it has Hero mode for noobs and but becomes very tough on higher difficulties. Hard mode is actually open from the start.

Then he calls for more blood.... NG3 does have a lot of blood... The focus is on huge amounts of blood gushing out when Ryu cuts through people. You can see that in the blood-soaked image embedded in this article. What they removed is the dismemberment of limbs and heads... I admit that was a cool feature in NG2 but its absence here is not a deal breaker.

The worst sign was that he called the developer Ninja Theory instead of Team Ninja but this has been corrected....

I think the Ninja Gaiden series is generally misunderstood by the media. I have enjoyed my time with NG3 so far. Working through the solo trials now which are indeed hard. Can't wait for the dlc and it will be interesting to see what the Razors Edge WIiU version brings. Lots of bouncing tits hopefully.
NGP 32

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 26 Mar 2012, 09:50

Sleepaphobic wrote:Just remake Black

Already been done. Twice come to think of it. Ninja Gaiden sigma is black with prettier graphics.

As far as what i want from 4. I want Ninja Gaiden 2 in pretty much every way except the punishing difficulty. There's challengint and then there's the way bosses would back you into a corner and kick you till you died. It just ceased to be fun at times.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby Sleepaphobic » 27 Mar 2012, 23:59

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:
Sleepaphobic wrote:Just remake Black

Already been done. Twice come to think of it. Ninja Gaiden sigma is black with prettier graphics.

As far as what i want from 4. I want Ninja Gaiden 2 in pretty much every way except the punishing difficulty. There's challengint and then there's the way bosses would back you into a corner and kick you till you died. It just ceased to be fun at times.

Ya my point is that they seem lost without itagaki so the all they can do right now is put out another remake. Sigma was easier than Black from what I remember and 2 was a joke, I died like only 5 times.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby ziseknsa » 10 Mar 2013, 03:51

Nah..... ur wrong, STORY DOES MATTER. (Why the hell are you going to be involved with a game about ninja that fights for burgers?)

all team ninja had to do in NG3 was : bring us Ninja Gaiden 2 back, but, with a compelling story, good missions - levels, some cool & creative bosses, but apart from this, leave everything as amazing and good as it was.

I mean; IF YOU CREATE SUCH A SUCCESFUL PRODUCT, WHICH EVERYONE LIKES , SELLS GOOD and is such an awesome gaming experience (as NG2) WHY THE HELL CHANGE IT? .... why brake it?, why let down all your long time fans?,

I waited day after day for NG3 to finally launch, but when I heard it was a failure... I got just so disappointed, allthough... I liked so much NG2 that I thought "Bahh, impossible!!, its impossible that NG3 sucks so much as people are saying, but when I gave it a try... Jesus,... it really really sucked big time. what a sad thing, even nowadays I still feel... mad and cheated by team ninja.

To me the list should simply be:

1. Make a GOOD & creative story.

2. Bring us back the core mechanics, blood, gore, fighting system of Ninja Gaiden 2.

3. DO NOT touch this game's difficulty, in fact, I agree on this one; if you want idiots to play your game, just make an Idiot difficulty mode.

4. WEAPONS - I mean are you serious with NG3? WHAT THE HELL!!!, gimme back all my weapons!! that was about 60% of what made this game so awesome before...

5. Insane, innovative , tough BOSSES

6. Your done..., you'll sell this game as you want, a major success, without letting down your fans, just remember, ninja gaiden is what it is thanks to your.. long term, loyal hardcore gaming fans!!!
ziseknsa 1
New user