to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Street Fighter X Tekken DLC coming in April

Your comments on our articles.

New colours, costumes and combos

Capcom has confirmed it will begin pumping out DLC for Street Fighter X Tekken from April 3 in Japan.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Street Fighter X Tekken DLC coming in April

Postby Yazoo1990 » 23 Mar 2012, 12:23

Costumes are reasonably priced
Yazoo1990 8
New user

Re: Street Fighter X Tekken DLC coming in April

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 23 Mar 2012, 13:32

all the dlc is already on the disc. SO it's not really dlc. It's more like. You'll soon be able to access more of the disc for a little extra cash in april. What i want to know is when the extra characters are going to be unlocked. Probably when the inevitable Super version comes out at a lower price than the vanilla version did....

Ah capcom you bunch of crooked bastards.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 65

Postby Pepz347 » 23 Mar 2012, 15:22

DLC = Disc Locked Content
Pepz347 34

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 23 Mar 2012, 16:09

How do we know the DLC is on the disc, while I'm sure some games have DLC on the disc it is not always the case.

Just a thought.

Currently own: PS4, PS3, PS2, Vita, Wii, Xbox 360, NES, SNES, Megadrive
KK-Headcharge78 60

Xbox Live: TheDeadlyOG
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby TheLastDodo » 23 Mar 2012, 16:18

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:How do we know the DLC is on the disc, while I'm sure some games have DLC on the disc it is not always the case.

Just a thought.

Because Capcom have actually admitted it is on disc KK.

You'll just buy the unlock, it's apparently Capcoms way of being nice to those with dodgy internet and/or a monthly cap.

EDIT: Ah it's for the other DLC, not sure about this one. The 16 quid character pack DLC is on the disc.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby General Ahoy » 23 Mar 2012, 17:06

Everything is on the disc. Capcom had to confess after data miners went through the discs code and found it and started using it. Twelve extra characters (plus Pac Man and Megaman on Xbox), all the costumes, all the (current) gems, and all the colours. Its just locked until we stump up extra cash for what's already technically in our possession. Hackers have been using all these things since before official release. Just look it up on YouTube, there's footage of people using the lot. The only actual real DLC (as opposed to just locked content) is the coming tournament mode to try and speed up gem selection, and a reported additional 60 gems coming at some point that they're giving away for free after the incredible backlash from the fighting game community.

The 'Super' version already exists - its the current game when everythings unlocked. Capcom are just trying to squeeze everyone for content that would already be unlocked if it weren't for the opportunity to exploit everyone further through micro transactions. The overall cost that you would have spend were you to unlock the lot would be nearly twice the price of the actual game, and it's all on the disc.

Be vary wary of Capcom from here on in. They are liars and no friend of their fans, or gamers in general.
General Ahoy 28

Postby Devilman666 » 23 Mar 2012, 17:33

Very amusing to see that hackers managed to access the 12 "locked" characters and then put all the intros/endings/Specials/Rivals videos on to youtube, Then to top it off they take them online to use against others.
I've been getting more and more depressed with Capcom and their "gouging"

They aren't the only ones to go down this road but I went from a day one buyer to not going to bother,
The super duper arcade edition will appear around PSvita time and even that will have more locked content or more costumes/characters to buy on it -"hello SSF4 - arcade edition"

Hopefully less people buy there games and they might even decide against this crap - I live in hope
Devilman666 15
New user

Postby Windowlicker79 » 24 Mar 2012, 02:50

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:all the dlc is already on the disc. SO it's not really dlc. It's more like. You'll soon be able to access more of the disc for a little extra cash in april. What i want to know is when the extra characters are going to be unlocked. Probably when the inevitable Super version comes out at a lower price than the vanilla version did....

This is SO last week. Get over it. I was miffed at first to hear that the extra characters were on the disc, but you have to stop and think... does it really matter? Like does it really actually make any difference whatsoever? DLC is regularly developed alongside the main game so why does it matter how they deliver it to you?
Windowlicker79 54

Xbox Live: windowlicker79

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 24 Mar 2012, 08:15

Windowlicker79 wrote:
WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:all the dlc is already on the disc. SO it's not really dlc. It's more like. You'll soon be able to access more of the disc for a little extra cash in april. What i want to know is when the extra characters are going to be unlocked. Probably when the inevitable Super version comes out at a lower price than the vanilla version did....

This is SO last week. Get over it. I was miffed at first to hear that the extra characters were on the disc, but you have to stop and think... does it really matter? Like does it really actually make any difference whatsoever? DLC is regularly developed alongside the main game so why does it matter how they deliver it to you?

It's not DLC!! It's locked content you already paid for!
Mmmmgrolsch 73

PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch