Army of Four seemingly confirmed by Stargate actor

Your comments on our articles.

Still no official confirmation from EA

Joe Flanigan, who you may or may not know from TV shows such as Dawson's Creek, Stargate: Atlantis and Fringe, seems to have inadvertently confirmed EA's working on Army of Four.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Army of Four seemingly confirmed by Stargate actor

Postby Drusus » 05 Mar 2012, 13:24

Cool the first one was terrible so I can see the logic in bringing out another. Must've sold well. No accounting for taste I guess.
Drusus 59

Re: Army of Four seemingly confirmed by Stargate actor

Postby Desert Fox » 05 Mar 2012, 13:29

I love the Army of Two games because they are one of the few co-op titles to still support split-screen same console co-op. I know it's been getting slightly better in recent years, but it's still annoying the number of games that offer online multiplayer options but stunted local play modes. Really hope Army of Four lets me take advantage of having more than one controller...
Desert Fox 47

Postby Tamoor » 05 Mar 2012, 13:41

Drusus wrote:Cool the first one was terrible so I can see the logic in bringing out another. Must've sold well. No accounting for taste I guess.

I think we might have had similar experiences with the first one, but I've heard the second was a pretty game. Obviously it did well enough to get a sequel :)
Watch me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/tamoorh
Follow me on Twitter y'al: http://www.twitter.com/tamoorh
Stalk me on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/tamoorh
Tamoor
CVG Staff

Postby gooner77 » 05 Mar 2012, 13:51

I got some enjoyment out of Army of Two TFD thanks to online co-op........ but it was quite ropey technically with very poor audio, poor graphics, no subtitles, glitched DLC achievements that were never fixed and a useless online MP mode.

Hopefully EA pull their finger out this time. Judging from the title alone, 4 player co-op sounds very nice indeed
gooner77 46

Xbox Live: gooner77
PSN ID: highburygooner

Postby ensabahnur » 05 Mar 2012, 13:58

Joe Flanigan is the perfect candidate for a live action Nate Drake.

Though how there can be any sequels to the Army of Two games is beyond me, both the ones out so far have been boring messes of games.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby AvatarIII » 05 Mar 2012, 14:11

ensabahnur wrote:Joe Flanigan is the perfect candidate for a live action Nate Drake.

How did i never see this before!

PSN ID: AvatarIII
Steam: AvatarIII

Postby flash501 » 05 Mar 2012, 14:14

ensabahnur wrote:Joe Flanigan is the perfect candidate for a live action Nate Drake.

I've been saying that for years!!

I still can't believe that, of all the actors in Atlantis, they guy who played Ronin was the one who hit the big time!
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby ensabahnur » 05 Mar 2012, 14:16

flash501 wrote:

I've been saying that for years!!

I still can't believe that, of all the actors in Atlantis, they guy who played Ronin was the one who hit the big time!
Aye but could anyone else have played Khal Drogo so well?

Conan not so much.

I was actually quite excited when Joe was in Fringe but it was almost only a cameo. But aye i've been saying it since the idea of an Uncharted film that Joe Flanigan was the only choice, even when everyone else was championing Nathan Fillion.
ensabahnur 68

Postby flash501 » 05 Mar 2012, 14:26

ensabahnur wrote:Aye but could anyone else have played Khal Drogo so well?

Yeah, that role was perfect for him, cos he hardly had two line of dialogue in the whole series! :wink:
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby ensabahnur » 05 Mar 2012, 14:32

flash501 wrote:
ensabahnur wrote:Aye but could anyone else have played Khal Drogo so well?

Yeah, that role was perfect for him, cos he hardly had two line of dialogue in the whole series! :wink:
True but he still got to pour that molten gold over that arsehole Targeryan guy and look good with heavy makeup on. Plus he gets to play around with Emilia Clarke's lady lumps. That makes him a winner in my books. Lucky bastard!
ensabahnur 68

Postby jdkoke » 05 Mar 2012, 14:55

Nae gonna lie I only came here 'cus it said Stargate actor, wisna really a fan of Ao2 but you never know. Anyway I am dissapointed it's a Stargate Atlantis actor, I will sue for misrepresenting the truth ;)

Just had a thought to go download all of Stargate but it's nae gonna go down well wi the missus, believe for her it will be filed under; boring sci-fi shite along with the likes o Star Wars etc! The lad part of me she puts up wi nae bother so am allowed to watch fitba, go out etc but the geeky side she scorns at lol
jdkoke 43

Xbox Live: KuruptK
PSN ID: Kris_S_273
Steam: jdkoke273

Postby ensabahnur » 05 Mar 2012, 15:10

jdkoke wrote:
Just had a thought to go download all of Stargate but it's nae gonna go down well wi the missus, believe for her it will be filed under; boring sci-fi shite along with the likes o Star Wars etc! The lad part of me she puts up wi nae bother so am allowed to watch fitba, go out etc but the geeky side she scorns at lol
Sounds like you need some Robert Baratheon in your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_roU8wdcRsY

I in no way endorse wife beating, though i still maintain that she fuckin deserved it!!
ensabahnur 68

Postby Ganja_Ninja » 05 Mar 2012, 15:15

Joe was the best thing about atlantis HANDS DOWN.
Ganja_Ninja 45

Postby jdkoke » 05 Mar 2012, 15:17

ensabahnur wrote:
jdkoke wrote:
Sounds like you need some Robert Baratheon in your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_roU8wdcRsY

I in no way endorse wife beating, though i still maintain that she fuckin deserved it!!

Hahaha! I couldn't watch it at work but seen which video it wis. I'll go hame and try it out...

..nah who am I kidding she scares the s**t outa me! Big guys starting at the fitba I can handle no bother, the much smaller missus is a whole different story lol
jdkoke 43

Xbox Live: KuruptK
PSN ID: Kris_S_273
Steam: jdkoke273

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 05 Mar 2012, 16:08

Tamoor wrote:
Drusus wrote:Cool the first one was terrible so I can see the logic in bringing out another. Must've sold well. No accounting for taste I guess.

I think we might have had similar experiences with the first one, but I've heard the second was a pretty game. Obviously it did well enough to get a sequel :)

Played both and the 2nd was good (unless you take your games too seriously) so this may be good, mind you if it is anything like the shower that is Syndicate it may well be utter s**t.

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Next