to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Studio Tour: Namco Bandai

Your comments on our articles.

Welcome to the Pac-mansion

Japanese game studios are notorious for being built around efficiency, not aesthetics. Remove all the controllers and consoles and most of their offices could pass for accounting or engineering firms. Colour schemes are a universal smudge of beige and grey and white - nothing distracting, nothing eye-catching.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Studio Tour: Namco Bandai

Postby BerenKaneda » 25 Feb 2012, 18:49

I can see a Pac-Man plush in the picture !!! I want one !!! Damn Namco, start doing merchadising right now!!!! :D
BerenKaneda 1
New user

Re: Studio Tour: Namco Bandai

Postby madscar » 25 Feb 2012, 19:48

Cool article, too bad you only show us 3 pictures from that amazing HQ.
madscar 20

Postby Azogstyle » 25 Feb 2012, 22:59

Dream job or Horror job what you think ? :)
Azogstyle 11

Postby Spirit6666 » 26 Feb 2012, 03:01

More picture would of been nice, but I can say that their studio look so amazing compare to the ones we have here in Montreal (Ubisoft and EA).
Never underestimate the power of the Scout's code
Spirit6666 13

Postby toaplan » 26 Feb 2012, 04:41

Namco used to be such a strong developer, particularly for the Sony consoles. But in recent years they have just gone downhill. The Ridge Racer, Soul Calibur and the Tekken series just can't seem to compete against the current leaders of their respective genres (Gran Turismo, Forza, SF4, MvC3 etc...) Ace Combat's recent incarnation seems to have failed to make a meaningful impact in the flight-sim genre, where there certainly isn't much competition nowadays.

I wonder what has gone wrong. Maybe the western-developed "Ridge Racer Unbounded" can help turn things around at least a little bit?
toaplan 73

Postby KMakawa » 26 Feb 2012, 07:01

toaplan wrote:Namco used to be such a strong developer, particularly for the Sony consoles. But in recent years they have just gone downhill. The Ridge Racer, Soul Calibur and the Tekken series just can't seem to compete against the current leaders of their respective genres (Gran Turismo, Forza, SF4, MvC3 etc...) Ace Combat's recent incarnation seems to have failed to make a meaningful impact in the flight-sim genre, where there certainly isn't much competition nowadays.

I wonder what has gone wrong. Maybe the western-developed "Ridge Racer Unbounded" can help turn things around at least a little bit?

It's just another studio that has failed to find its way, during a very critical and busy few (past) years. There is no doubt about it that the gaming industry has boomed over the past few years (5 or so years) and Namco have failed to expand with that boom, whereas EA and Activision have.. but are now seen as 'greedy/corporate pirates' because they now have a huge developer size, and are looking for extra ways to grow, and keep those devs paid.

More picture would of been nice, but I can say that their studio look so amazing compare to the ones we have here in Montreal (Ubisoft and EA).

Ubisoft Montreal is a good HQ, visited that quite a few times. Never visited the EA HQ in Montreal, despite my job - doubt they'd give me clearance. I have visited EA Vancouver quite a lot however, if CVG plan to do another of this Studio Tour series, they should definitely look towards that one.. Its definitely an amazing HQ to work in.
Community Coordinator.
Artist & Website Designer.
KMakawa 64
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: T0TAL fps
Steam: T0TALfps
Battle.net: PMforit@
xFire: iArctic

Postby godyd87 » 27 Feb 2012, 00:13

pretty cool. want to work at there.
godyd87 5