Free Killzone 3 Multiplayer - New details

Your comments on our articles.

Free PSN version landing next week with all maps and DLC

Guerrilla Games has provided more details on the free-to-play release of Killzone 3, confirming it'll hit PSN next week.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Free Killzone 3 Multiplayer - New details

Postby cult » 24 Feb 2012, 16:58

What happens if you own the game but didnt purchase the dlc maps?
Free to play should not split its potential user group,
buy the game to have no level cap and reduced map list or play for free with all the maps?
ImageImage
This week I will be mainly going 'clear' and fighting aliens.
cult 63

Wii Code: WiiU Online MrAngry

Re: Free Killzone 3 Multiplayer - New details

Postby Multiplayerking » 24 Feb 2012, 17:17

Yeah, I didn't buy the map packs but I'm hoping I can play them now!
Hey
Multiplayerking 70

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby Gambini » 24 Feb 2012, 18:12

This is brilliant idea! Kz3 sp was just awful but mp was actually really good. It's great to see Sony being open to the f2p model.
My Most Anticipated Games for 2012/13: http://quicklinkr.com/gambini
Gambini 53

Postby martinawatson » 24 Feb 2012, 18:34

Gambini wrote:This is brilliant idea! Kz3 sp was just awful but mp was actually really good. It's great to see Sony being open to the f2p model.

Think Sony are moving in the right direction with the ftp model, be interesting to see how the Vita fits into all this. Looks like a no brainer, but the eye gouging , what's the certificate on this game?
Hey its Martin A , not Martina by the way, cheers
martinawatson 67

Postby BoringName » 24 Feb 2012, 18:43

Killzone Lite. This type of demo is a great idea in allowing gamers to get a better feel before they buy a game. Developers should consider the quality of their demo, it can be a deciding factor for some people.
BoringName 31

PSN ID: ThWarrior

Postby Jimmy Luxury » 24 Feb 2012, 18:58

Finally! This is the way I want to see things progressing. Especially with CoD, must people don't play the single player, they just want the multiplayer. If I could have just bought BF3 multiplayer client as a marketplace download, I would have done and stuff the campaign. Good move.
Bring back Super Skidmarks. Cow racing FTW.
Jimmy Luxury 49

Postby ChotaDon » 24 Feb 2012, 19:49

I'm I the only one who feels cheated by this news? I bought the game 1st day brand new and just bought all the map packs like a month ago.. :cry:
and for those that think this is a good idea you can easily pick the game up for like £6 now so lets see how much they charge just for the multiplayer section in the UK PSN. :roll:
But regardless this should feel up the empty KZ3 servers as no one seems to play the game anymore. :lol:
ChotaDon 23

Postby kirankara » 24 Feb 2012, 20:28

ChotaDon wrote:I'm I the only one who feels cheated by this news? I bought the game 1st day brand new and just bought all the map packs like a month ago.. :cry:
and for those that think this is a good idea you can easily pick the game up for like £6 now so lets see how much they charge just for the multiplayer section in the UK PSN. :roll:
But regardless this should feel up the empty KZ3 servers as no one seems to play the game anymore. :lol:

No, there are some other miserable, tight arsed feckers on here too.

I bought it day one, and all the dlc, but couldnt care less. I am happy some people get to try it and maybe the online community will grow.

Youve had the game how long? the dlc how long? You got a sp game too that was pretty good also, and youre moaning???

I bought a 360 very early in it's life and now its going really cheap, so I want my money back!!!!I demand free content to make up value etc etc, what kind of logic is this>???

Theyre not giving whole game away, theyre selling the mp with a demo effectively. The hope being they will like it and buy the full mp game, or maybe even go buy whole game. Either way, youve not lost anything
kirankara 57

Postby FixBeatGames » 25 Feb 2012, 00:17

ChotaDon wrote:I'm I the only one who feels cheated by this news? I bought the game 1st day brand new and just bought all the map packs like a month ago.. :cry:

i don't see why you should feel cheated tbh.

a) in purchasing it on day one, you've had all this time of playing it before anyone who hasn't bought it. you paid extra on day 1 pretty much for that reason alone, or you would've waited until it came down in price and then bought it.

b) you can't progress past a certain point then you have to buy it to continue, ie, it's a giant demo for the game is all. nobody is getting what you got for free. the single player (the best part of killzone 3) is not even here.
FixBeatGames 41

Postby The Bossman » 25 Feb 2012, 15:01

Naturally I'll try this out, I had Killzone 2 but got frustrated at the slow clunky turning speed and controls. If we can keep this multi free forever but can't level up I'll happily play it, don't care about buying it.
The Bossman 47

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby hixxy4 » 26 Feb 2012, 20:19

good idea.
hixxy4 26

Postby Tryden » 26 Feb 2012, 22:57

this is a good idea, it keep and bring more players online.
Tryden 8
New user

Postby Bubba1985 » 27 Feb 2012, 10:37

Seems interesting
Bubba1985 8
New user