to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The Last Story review: As fun as Wii games are going to be i

Your comments on our articles.

Final Fantasy creator breaks free of RPG constraints

Risky business, a JRPG evoking 'story'. For every masterful Dragon Quest V or Final Fantasy VII there are shelves of fantasy drivel populated by dark lords, whimpering princesses and magical swords.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The Last Story review: As fun as Wii games are going to be i

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 23 Feb 2012, 16:26

Got this on preorder and i can't bloody wait. Going to Finish off American nightmare and then this will fill up my weekend nicely. If i'm really lucky it might of already be in my postbox waiting for me.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Re: The Last Story review: As fun as Wii games are going to

Postby ste hicky » 23 Feb 2012, 19:28

Y'really should look in the options screens, I've mentioned this a few times about the Japanese version since launch.

It's auto attack on default.

Set it to manual. :wink:
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby metallicorphan » 23 Feb 2012, 20:09

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:Got this on preorder and i can't bloody wait. Going to Finish off American nightmare and then this will fill up my weekend nicely. If i'm really lucky it might of already be in my postbox waiting for me.

I hope its not with GAME you have your pre-order with

This game,XenoBlade and Zelda Skyward Sword are reasons to buy a Wii again...now if only i had the money :(
metallicorphan 60

Xbox Live: metallicorphan
PSN ID: metallicorphan
Wii Code: 8008135-111111111

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 24 Feb 2012, 10:51

metallicorphan wrote:
WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:Got this on preorder and i can't bloody wait. Going to Finish off American nightmare and then this will fill up my weekend nicely. If i'm really lucky it might of already be in my postbox waiting for me.

I hope its not with GAME you have your pre-order with

This game,XenoBlade and Zelda Skyward Sword are reasons to buy a Wii again...now if only i had the money :(

If you've got a half decent PC you could always download dolphin and use that. It's just like having a wii but in HD.
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby budge » 24 Feb 2012, 10:51

I think i might buy this for my CoD loving nephew and then promptly borrow his Wii. :)
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby RoOhDiNi » 24 Feb 2012, 11:08

It really was Nintendo who asked them to follow a romantic theme.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/new ... 45444.html

And I don't really think that's a bad thing, as long as you take it for what it is.
I mean I also don't search for deeper meaning in Disney Movies, yet enjoy watching them from time to time for their lightheartedness.
RoOhDiNi 47

Postby ste hicky » 24 Feb 2012, 15:32

Sakaguchi has always done romance, I expect it on some level in his titles.

Been playing today and I must say I'm impressed more than I was with the Japanese version last year, Thing's are ever so slightly different.

Calista, Zael and co are weird name replacements for Kanan, Elza etc... but that's not what I mean;
Nintendo/Mistwalker have tarted the graphics up with more post processing in the environments than was there initially, More Reflections/Refractions on water, Less compression on some cutscenes overall and rain effects bouncing off the camera in certain places that were missing entirely just over a year ago.

Nice.

The voice cast is the Xenoblade firm, Dunban narrates the tale, though i like Jackal/Lowell the smooth Jock. He's cool.

Anyone up for a 6 player Co Op: Add me (Now for the shame of the friend code :oops: ) Hicky 0433 3049 6926
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby Mattoto » 26 Feb 2012, 14:12

There's a few game i buy on the Wii and i'll get this one.

Just finished Xenoblade, was a blast.
Mattoto 5

Postby Jakeinator21 » 26 Feb 2012, 23:09

this makes me want to get a Wii. i just might.
I love Skyrim and Nobody Likes Onions. Its a great hilarious podcast, give it a try.
Jakeinator21 13

Xbox Live: RevolverJake
PSN ID: RevolverJake

Postby stealth » 27 Feb 2012, 02:33

20 hours is lame
stealth 47

Postby radiocat » 28 Feb 2012, 22:41

There are no frame rate issues or stuttering if you play it off a USB hard drive. Since there probably won't be any more Wii System updates, you might as well go the soft-mod way and enjoy the benefits of fast loading times and better performance from games like this. It's pretty foolproof to do these days too. Then you just pop in your game disc and have it ripped to your USB drive.

As for The Last Story, it's absolutely fantastic. I originally bought a Wii on day one under the illusion that there would be tons of Last Story-like games for it. Turns out we had to wait until the very end of the Wii's life cycle to get some. Well, with this Xenoblade and Skyward Sword, I can finally say I'm glad I bought a Wii.
radiocat 34

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 29 Feb 2012, 12:44

radiocat wrote:There are no frame rate issues or stuttering if you play it off a USB hard drive. Since there probably won't be any more Wii System updates, you might as well go the soft-mod way and enjoy the benefits of fast loading times and better performance from games like this. It's pretty foolproof to do these days too. Then you just pop in your game disc and have it ripped to your USB drive.

As for The Last Story, it's absolutely fantastic. I originally bought a Wii on day one under the illusion that there would be tons of Last Story-like games for it. Turns out we had to wait until the very end of the Wii's life cycle to get some. Well, with this Xenoblade and Skyward Sword, I can finally say I'm glad I bought a Wii.

Even if there are its not like you need to update the wii to play anything on it. I haven't updated mine in over a year and it still runs everything fine.

I agree with soft modding it though. i did mine a while ago and have been reaping the benefits ever since. Being able to import the full fat No more heroes was worth it by itself.
WHERESMYMONKEY 66