to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Shinobido 2 Revenge of Zen review: Tenchu makers hit Vita -

Your comments on our articles.

Hiding in the bushes

As much fun as quietly knifing a guard can be (don't try this at home), it gets old when all challenge is removed. Stealth games rely on the hunt: the cat and mouse interplay of assassin and victim.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Shinobido 2 Revenge of Zen review: Tenchu makers hit Vita -

Postby obliviondoll » 23 Feb 2012, 00:06

Well this is a shame. The original Shinobido games (both PS2 and PSP) filled the Tenchu void REALLY nicely - I had a LOT of fun with both of them, and each offered something different to make the dual purchases worthwhile. PS2 Shinobido tracked "respect" from the different factions, and you got a different ending based on who you'd helped out the most (with an awesome "secret" ending for making sure everyone liked you by the end). Sounds like they took the worst parts of the PSP version and didn't bother improving on the problems we had in both previous titles. I was REALLY hoping this would be the game to sell me a Vita, too...

EDIT: Been looking at a few other reviews, and while the graphics AREN'T up to Vita standards, they're still an improvement on the previous games, AND the gameplay is actually terribly described in this review. I recommend hunting around for more info before taking this review at face value like I did... Other sources sound more promising about it, so I may have to give it another look before settling on a yes or no...
obliviondoll 4
New user

Re: Shinobido 2 Revenge of Zen review: Tenchu makers hit Vit

Postby madscar » 26 Feb 2012, 16:22

As a stealth genre fanatic, i am disappoint. :(
madscar 20