Rockstar: 'There could be an LA Noire 2'

Your comments on our articles.

"We don't always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won't get to them"

Rockstar has told fans there could be another entry in the L.A. Noire franchise in the future.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Rockstar: 'There could be an LA Noire 2'

Postby Demigod001 » 13 Feb 2012, 20:13

I like LA Noir BUT the driving and the crime scenes seemed to me to be completely divorced, it would have been a much better game without the city and more time added to the crimes(IMHO). Static puzzles made it to easy as well. Once I had finished a crime and wanted to replay I can just go to where I know things will be. It was like a 3d adventure game but having said that I do like adventure games. I would have liked a way for a crime scene to have different evidence, some variety. I cant think how off the top of my head but I would have liked something different each time (if that makes sense)

The interrogations though could have been better, some were great the facial animation is top notch, but some were way over acted. (great we can say acted about a game though) But others just didn't work, why Cole suddenly started shouting at people is beyond me.

Would I like another? YES but it needs to be a much better thought through experience. It had great ideas and great systems but they never seemed to join up properly for me.
Demigod001 40

Re: Rockstar: 'There could be an LA Noire 2'

Postby kirankara » 13 Feb 2012, 20:20

game was utter dog pooh, with monotony and boredom being the order of day. initially I enjoyed it, but quickly lost interest, and then grew resentful of it's faults.
kirankara 57

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 13 Feb 2012, 20:22

I tried LA Noire and ultimately didn't get on with it, bit too long winded and convoluted for me. However I'll stop short of saying it's crap, it was a innovative and highly creative idea that pushed some boundaries (graphically at least) and surely it is this type of new IP that gamers should be supporting? (even if it is in a luke-warm way)

Superb gaming commentary on the YouTubes; ZeroPunctuation, Jimquisition, Giant Bomb, ThedodgyKebab
Check out my Advanced Warfare MP review; http://www.rosetintedgamers.com/2014/11/13/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-multi-player/
KK-Headcharge78 64

Xbox Live: FragHappyChappy
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby Toasted_PSP » 13 Feb 2012, 20:36

LA Noire was full of problems but there is a pretty solid game idea underneath. When I played LA Noire it reminded me of Assassins Creed in the way that it was a great idea trying to break out of some repetitive gameplay mechanics. If Rockstar can do the same type of work UBisoft did with the AC series and can deliver LA Noire 2 with the type of improvements AC2 received over the first game it could be awesome.

LA Noire was also one of the few games which I felt was suited to DLC, episodic seasons could have been created if the engine and gameplay mechanics had been better.
Toasted_PSP 64

Postby appyday » 13 Feb 2012, 20:51

or, they could do bully 2.... or the warriors 2.... or red dead redemption 2 or a decent manhunt 2....

....although I would buy any game rockstar release....
appyday 40

PSN ID: appyday

Postby IplayVideogames » 13 Feb 2012, 20:56

MISSING: Agent (an announced PS3 exclusive game) REWARD: £39.99 for a new boxed copy LAST SEEN WITH: Rockstar Games Any information is valued!
I wish CVG would stop giving Peter Molyneux publicity
IplayVideogames 32

Postby kirankara » 13 Feb 2012, 21:08

Thought it only really pushed gaming in terms of visuals tbh. The driving around an Emmott open world was pointless, the pointless scouring for clues was, well... Pointless, the interviews were fun at first, till you figures it was more of a routine than anything, and you could basically guarantee outcomes, if you had clues and half a brain, the reactions of characters were completely unnatural if you picked wrong question, making it very linear etc etc
kirankara 57

Postby dicky1993 » 13 Feb 2012, 22:21

la noire was more of a technical piece than a game
Currently Playing Xbox360: Beyond Good & Evil HD & Casual Gears Of War 3 fun

will be up for gears co-op give me a shout!
dicky1993 48

Xbox Live: dizzzzeehaskell

Postby theaface » 13 Feb 2012, 22:27

On the plus side, if they do make a sequel, the only way is up. The first game got so repetitive and tedious that I was just relieved when it was all over. Much scope for improvement.
theaface 45

Postby silent moose » 13 Feb 2012, 23:28

an intelligent reinvention of the manhunt games would be cool
silent moose 45

Postby Barca Azul » 14 Feb 2012, 00:37

I'm guessing that Red Dead, Agent, and bully will all be on PS4/nextbox.

Sony timed exclusive on Agent.

Also think they will do a Vita GTA or Red Dead!
Barca Azul 63

Postby Ali_ » 14 Feb 2012, 08:58

LA Noire was a graphic adventure brought up to date. But there wasn't enough effort put into the actual adventuring part. The interview scenes lacked any form of continuity or exploration of dialogue, and the driving was just GTA. But it's biggest problem was having a lead character that you actually wanted to die. Soon. Preferably in the next scene. Phelps was a complete wimp and utterly uninteresting.
Ali_ 58

Postby svd_grasshopper » 14 Feb 2012, 10:46

no, please no!

what a load of shite it was. couldn't even rely on the radio station for entertainment while driving around at 30mph to boring missions.

scrap the LA noire name. come up with a 70's cop game. that would be great developed by rockstar.
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby MattyR95 » 14 Feb 2012, 11:28

I wish everyone said all this about the game back when it came out, I probably wouldn't have bothered with it. It was an alright game and the investigations were interesting but it got boring quickly and it had no replay value for me.
MattyR95 55

Postby DoomGuy84 » 14 Feb 2012, 12:49

Ali_ wrote:LA Noire was a graphic adventure brought up to date. But there wasn't enough effort put into the actual adventuring part. The interview scenes lacked any form of continuity or exploration of dialogue, and the driving was just GTA. But it's biggest problem was having a lead character that you actually wanted to die. Soon. Preferably in the next scene. Phelps was a complete wimp and utterly uninteresting.

I wouldnt say Phelps was a wimp, he plucked up the courage to f*ck that german whore for a start!
DoomGuy84 31

Next