to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

ModNation Racers: Roadtrip

Your comments on our articles.

Drive deep, drive hard in Sony's customisable Karter

ModNation Racers: Roadtrip, like all games in the body-clearly-too-big-for-their-vehicle genre, is going to be labelled a 'Poor Man's Mario Kart'. Despite, impressively, being an almost full-fat sequel to a premium PS3 racer, there's no famous faces, rainbow-coloured roads or classic iconography here (besides the karts, characters and tracks you create yourself).... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

ModNation Racers: Roadtrip

Postby wrightandrewjame » 13 Feb 2012, 15:55

...this big, inventive racing game might not be the best racing game on the market - but it's the best on PS Vita.

ModNation Racers: Roadtrip gets a 7.5
Wipeout 2048 gets a 8.6

The "best racer on PS Vita" gets a lower score than another racing game? :wink:
wrightandrewjame 53

PSN ID: Solid_Snake1987

Re: ModNation Racers: Roadtrip

Postby Padua » 13 Feb 2012, 20:00

I seem to be reading a lot of about fiddly touch/motion control annoyances. Sort of surprised as I expected there would be more emphasis on the physical control scheme which is what makes the Vita stand out :? Not sure if I found a game that will entice me yet. Holding out for "God of Vita" :twisted:
Padua 63

PSN ID: ACD1306

Postby FixBeatGames » 13 Feb 2012, 20:09

well i wasn't a big fan of ps3 modnation, so don't think this will be on my buy list anyway.

however, i find it abit strange that a 'downer' for this is lack of track variety. what? well maybe once it's released and people upload their own tracks, there'll be a damn site more variety than any mario kart. no doubt there'll be plenty of 'remakes' of mario kart tracks too.

perhaps a reason for NOT reviewing vita games until you've been able to play it as it's meant to be (ie, when it's out, so the community is playing too) is that you're gonna come out with idiot remarks like that. :P
FixBeatGames 41

Postby Budly Moore » 13 Feb 2012, 22:47

Hows the load times? On the PS3 they were horrendous and killed any enjoyment for me.
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/mogwha][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/544/mogwha.png[/img][/url]
Budly Moore 49

Postby Dimpee » 13 Feb 2012, 23:51

Kind of a deal breaker it's missing online multiplayer :/
Dimpee 24

Xbox Live: Dimpee
PSN ID: Dimpee
Steam: Dimpee

Postby BenThomasFoster » 14 Feb 2012, 01:51

wrightandrewjame wrote:
...this big, inventive racing game might not be the best racing game on the market - but it's the best on PS Vita.

ModNation Racers: Roadtrip gets a 7.5
Wipeout 2048 gets a 8.6

The "best racer on PS Vita" gets a lower score than another racing game? :wink:

Indeed I think CVG editors don't talk to each other just like us normal gamers *forever...
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49