to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

NeverDead

Your comments on our articles.

Not worth losing your head over

A promising concept from Metal Gear Acid's Shinta Nojiri and Rebellion Software, you might have had tall expectations for NeverDead, which - at first glance at least - certainly goes out on a limb to set itself apart.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

NeverDead

Postby theaface » 01 Feb 2012, 12:20

The scores coming through don't surpise me. None of the previews have looked particularly good, and the concept seemed to be the only thing going for it. Like Plok, only more violent and a lot less fun.
theaface 45

NeverDead

Postby AvatarIII » 01 Feb 2012, 12:23

another Sub-par game from Rebellion? surprise surprise. :roll:

PSN ID: AvatarIII
Steam: AvatarIII

Re: NeverDead

Postby theaface » 01 Feb 2012, 12:50

AvatarIII wrote:another Sub-par game from Rebellion? surprise surprise. :roll:

This is the opening line of their Wikipedia page:

Rebellion is a British computer games company, based in Oxford, who are famous for creating terrible games such as Rogue Warrior, as well as their games in the Aliens vs. Predator franchise.

:lol:
theaface 45

Postby JD_Method » 01 Feb 2012, 15:56

Wasn't really expecting great scores for this, to be honest. It's a shame really. I'll still give it a rental and see for myself. There have been occasions where a game gets slated but I still enjoy it. Maybe it's my higher than usual tolerance for rubbish games. Or maybe my taste in games is s**t. Probably a bit of both.

Also it has Megadeth, so I must listen to the soundtrack at least.
JD_Method 58

Postby illage2 » 01 Feb 2012, 16:11

theaface wrote:

Rebellion is a British computer games company, based in Oxford, who are famous for creating terrible games such as Rogue Warrior, as well as their games in the Aliens vs. Predator franchise.

Are you implying that British game developers are all s**t?

What about Lion head studios? and Games workshop (Developer or W40K series). Both were british developers that have made some great games.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby theaface » 01 Feb 2012, 16:16

illage2 wrote:Are you implying that British game developers are all s**t?

What about Lion head studios? and Games workshop (Developer or W40K series). Both were british developers that have made some great games.

No, of course I'm not. You just grossly misread the quote. That aside, Lionhead's pedigree with the Fable games is questionable at best.
theaface 45

Postby Pokeymike » 01 Feb 2012, 23:54

Two words:
Media Molecule.

Not only are they British, their games *feel* British.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
POKE 23609,255
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokeymike 42

Postby Zubee » 02 Feb 2012, 10:46

Am I the only person in the world who originally thought that the "original idea" otherwise known as a gimmick was shite anyway? Surprised it got as high as 4.5.
Zubee 35

PSN ID: Zubrski

Postby AvatarIII » 02 Feb 2012, 11:26

theaface wrote:

I liked both AvP games, although I'd like to punch the guy that thought it was a good idea to make a FPS where it is impossible to crouch!!

I expect wikipedia will probably have that line removed, or ask for a citation.

PSN ID: AvatarIII
Steam: AvatarIII

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 02 Feb 2012, 15:03

Well having played a little bit of it. I have to say i actually quite like this game. Its a little rough around the edges but its pretty fun. The biggesst diservice i've seen every review so far throw at the game is to compare it to devil may cry. I don't think it ever attempted to be anything like it. It controls more like Too Human and general progressionwise plays a bit like a cross between max payne and the incredible crash dummies.

Yes the plot is relatively under developed but its still nice to play an anti hero who actually has a reason for being an utter dick, he's cursed, he's lumbered with the same endless mission for 500 years and everyone treats him like shite. You can't help but feel a little sorry for the guy.

I think the problem is that everyone was expecting one kind of game and got another. it's a third person shooter with an interseting new take on the health bar. Not a Hack and slash. it never attempts to be, it dosn't really pay to not use your guns half the time. the only problem is that although theres a bit of variety in the enemies. Most encounters do devolve into kill the spawing thingy then shoot everything else.

I'd give it a seven and say it just needs a few tweaks for the sequel to be something really special.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66