to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Assassin's Creed heads to American Revolution - Rumour

Your comments on our articles.

New instalment to be announced before March 31, source claims

The next Assassin's Creed is set to feature a new protagonist and switch setting to the American Revolution, a source close to the project has told CVG.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Assassin's Creed heads to American Revolution - Rumour

Postby Lazzarus666 » 27 Jan 2012, 18:40

I really hope not, It was the option I least wanted in the polls and to recent of history for my taste. Plus I really like the fact the creed games weren't in America. To many games and films are set there when there's a world of other intresting places. ( I know the period would different but still)
Lazzarus666 44

Re: Assassin's Creed heads to American Revolution - Rumour

Postby KMakawa » 27 Jan 2012, 18:46

Please I hope this isnt true... I selected the "The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England " because it would twist the title into a truly new direction.. with the other two as the China one aswell as Japan one.. Why in hell would people want Assassins Creed: American Revolution?? Jeeez.. if this is true im gonna be gutted that yet another epic has been americanized..
Community Coordinator.
Artist & Website Designer.
KMakawa 65
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: T0TAL fps
Steam: T0TALfps
Battle.net: PMforit@
xFire: iArctic

Postby TheLastDodo » 27 Jan 2012, 18:56

Not my favourite option but it beats going back to Rome again
TheLastDodo 77

Postby StokedUp » 27 Jan 2012, 19:01

No way, please no!! This is pathetic. Assassins creed is all about history and culture, there's next to nothing in America. There were soooo many other options that would of been much much better, like aching Egypt, Japan's Edo era (samurai and ninjas, medieval England or Victorian England, medieval china. Yet they've chose the American revolution WTF man!

The only time assassins creed should go to America is when desmond becomes a fully fledged assassin and the game no longer takes place in the animus but actual life as Desmond.
StokedUp 54

PSN ID: stokesy

Postby Dralel » 27 Jan 2012, 19:03

Lol I love how you're all judging a game BEFORE IT'S EVEN ANNOUNCED.

Seriously, just wait and see how the game looks before you b*itch and moan.
Dralel 36

Steam: Dralel

Postby zinaptik » 27 Jan 2012, 19:08

sounds like red dead redemption 2 now with higher buildings and free running cowboys.
zinaptik 47

Postby McShave 07 » 27 Jan 2012, 19:56

Dralel wrote:Lol I love how you're all judging a game BEFORE IT'S EVEN ANNOUNCED.

No one's judging the game, we're judging the setting of the game. The American Revolution sound like a terrible idea, I can see what's coming already. American patriotism, que every hollywood war film you've ever seen. Gratuitous waving of the star spangled banner and how great the land of the free is.

The whole game will be based around how great the U.S of A is. I'm not an American hater (Honestly) but there is a whole world out there to explore.
McShave 07 35

Xbox Live: McShave 07

Postby Ellscore » 27 Jan 2012, 19:58

I'm guessing the British and Loyalists will be the Templars here and that the protagonist will be something akin to mel gibson in the patriot (Which would be rather predictable). Mind you the British did support the Natives which isn't very TEMPLARY, The French and Spanish played a fairly devious role here aswell. Hmmm. Could the protagonist be a slave.. not really.
Ellscore 35

Postby IplayVideogames » 27 Jan 2012, 20:08

It's just a rumour people. Besides, it makes sense to go forward in time rather than backwards. However, I'd also prefer Victorian England. Maybe if it's the "biggest instalment ever" we'll get several assassins in different times and places, but that's probably me being optimistic.
I wish CVG would stop giving Peter Molyneux publicity
IplayVideogames 32

Postby Budly Moore » 27 Jan 2012, 20:30

In terms of history and architecture, the American Revolution provides a very dull landscape to explore. C17th Germany, C18th France, C19th England, early 20th century America would have been interesting.
Last edited by Budly Moore on 27 Jan 2012, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/mogwha][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/544/mogwha.png[/img][/url]
Budly Moore 49

Postby Fr33Kye » 27 Jan 2012, 20:33

McShave 07 wrote:
Dralel wrote:Lol I love how you're all judging a game BEFORE IT'S EVEN ANNOUNCED.

No one's judging the game, we're judging the setting of the game. The American Revolution sound like a terrible idea, I can see what's coming already. American patriotism, que every hollywood war film you've ever seen. Gratuitous waving of the star spangled banner and how great the land of the free is.

The whole game will be based around how great the U.S of A is. I'm not an American hater (Honestly) but there is a whole world out there to explore.

OH you're totally right. That's not judging the game early at all. You're just assuming the game is going to be jerking america off. I find that unlikely and i think it will be more about historical accuracy.

Seeing as i'm from america i'll throw my opinion in. I think American revolution could be cool. I was kind of hoping for something else but i like the idea of the revolution since it didn't really occur to me. At the same time Americans are pretty cut off from the rest of the world's culture so it wont be doing us any favors by going over the revolution.
Ellscore wrote:I'm guessing the British and Loyalists will be the Templars here and that the protagonist will be something akin to mel gibson in the patriot (Which would be rather predictable). Mind you the British did support the Natives which isn't very TEMPLARY, The French and Spanish played a fairly devious role here aswell. Hmmm. Could the protagonist be a slave.. not really.

God i hope you dont play as mel gibson. I'm thinking they are likely going to make the game about details of the war that are not well known among americans. How the war was actually fought(not particularly valiantly or with honor), and the influence of other countries and natives could be a start. Or they could surprise everyone and the game could be about being a native american and murdering the f**k out of everyone with a white face.

Still kind of a shame since i was hoping for russia.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby gmcb007 » 27 Jan 2012, 20:34

Ugh i'd rather go to 19th century London. We could have characters like Jack the Ripper and NikolaTesla. Plus the setting would be brillant. I'm suprised victorian London hasn't recieved the sandbox game it deserves. Plus, think of the steampunk style weaponry we could have and getting to climb Big Ben!

As for the American revolution; no, just no.

Oh I love how CVG structured their headline so at a quick glance people may think it's offical. Did they learn that off The Sun?
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby hi0marc » 27 Jan 2012, 21:37

I don't see any interesting things to climb in the US in this time period. However, if its in really old new york, why not stick a ferry to Victorian London and give us what is clearly the best landscape/city for that time period.
hi0marc 41

Postby Phaedros » 27 Jan 2012, 23:17

They should've done at least another game focused on Altair who was much cooler than Ezio.
Phaedros 12

Postby Nikh23 » 28 Jan 2012, 00:04

Budly Moore wrote:In terms of history and architecture, the American Revolution provides a very dull landscape to explore. C17th Germany, C18th France, C19th England, early 20th century America would have been interesting.

This.

18th Century America just makes me think of things like Red Dead Redemption, small towns with little in the way of tall structures to climb etc...

In keeping with the first four games, the most obvious choices would be 19th century Germany/UK, the industrial revolution opens up so many possibilities (that are touched upon in the games), not to mention the fantastic architecture, and if you imagine the London in Guy Richie's Holmes and From Hell, it would lend itself so well to a darker AC for a fitting end to the series.

Won't happen though.
Nikh23 15
New user

Next