Resident Evil Revelations

Your comments on our articles.

Ooze cruise

Noises we don't normally make during portable gaming: argh, wah, yoinks, eeep, brrrr. For one, portable gaming is often done in polite company and the other bus passengers don't want to sit next to a whimpering fruitcake.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Resident Evil Revelations

Postby slick loose » 26 Jan 2012, 11:28

It's nice to see that the 3DS can produce hardcore and great looking games, the Vita needs to do alot to convince people to choose that over Nintendo's 3D handheld. Although, the game only works as well if you buy that second stick, which the Vita comes with as standard.

Will be interesting to see how this hand held War turns out.
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

Re: Resident Evil Revelations

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 26 Jan 2012, 12:47

I think they will be enough games that come with the slide pad that eventually most people will own one, an eventual hardware revision will probably contain a second stick as well. So i think it'll be a bit of amoot point very quickly.

The Vita at the moment is under performing and then some. Like the PS3 when it first launched it really needs a price cut and the 3G version to be ditched or the structure of its pricing given a serious overhaul. Every market its been announced for so far has shown no love for it or the plans in place for it with network providers.

I have a feeling this gen of gaming handhelds will probably fare pretty much like it did last time. the 3s will sell by the bucketload and the vita will probably sell enough to be deemed a success in the long term.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby Budly Moore » 26 Jan 2012, 21:03

Aint Edge and Games TM given this a 6?
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/mogwha][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/544/mogwha.png[/img][/url]
Budly Moore 49

Postby dookiephonic » 27 Jan 2012, 08:18

Budly Moore wrote:Aint Edge and Games TM given this a 6?

Just someone elses opinion, why don't you just download the demo and judge for yourself???? Looks far better than I expected a game would on th e 3DS, lighting and sound are teffific (wear headphones), but have to agree with CVG there is absolutely no indication of the damage that the bullets do, which can be annoying. Apart from that though its a good game with the benefit of the extra screen for the inventory so everything is easily accessable... oh and far creepier than any Resi game for quite some time. :)
dookiephonic 55

Postby lostimage » 27 Jan 2012, 12:08

I REALLY hope that the frame rate in that video was just that, in the video, because if the actual game runs that choppy (even if i had a 3ds) i wouldn't buy it.
lostimage 16

Postby Welsh Jester » 28 Jan 2012, 04:57

This is probably near the limit of 3ds graphics i guess
Welsh Jester 48

PSN ID: PerfectChaos

Postby razors edge » 28 Jan 2012, 09:23

This game is absolute class, the main reason I bought a 3ds many moons ago and I am glad to say it does not dissapoint.

While I am enjoying playing it using the Circle pad pro attachment it does make the 3DS look like a fat kid in a swiiming pool with his rubber ring.

Still, lovely, lovely stuff. Edge and Games can suck it.
razors edge 45

Postby dwhlufc » 28 Jan 2012, 09:39

This and the very appealing price point over a VITA has me extremely tempted to buy a 3DS at the moment but a friend mentioned that Nintendo will be releasing a slim version for next Christmas which will most likely feature two analogues,any truth in that as I I'll hold out if it's true.
dwhlufc 76

Postby liveswired » 28 Jan 2012, 10:55

slick loose wrote:It's nice to see that the 3DS can produce hardcore and great looking games, the Vita needs to do alot to convince people to choose that over Nintendo's 3D handheld. Although, the game only works as well if you buy that second stick, which the Vita comes with as standard.

I've played the demo, and I can assure you the game controls exquisitly without the Add on - though I imagine it has to be better with a second stick.
^_* ^_^
liveswired 52

PSN ID: liveswired
Wii Code: 3DS 4081-5530-7050
Steam: liveswired
Battle.net: NNID: liveswired

Postby panantukan » 30 Jan 2012, 05:01

Wow, this looks great! I'm rather taken aback at the graphics...
panantukan 16

Postby Izo » 30 Jan 2012, 05:15

liveswired wrote:
slick loose wrote:It's nice to see that the 3DS can produce hardcore and great looking games, the Vita needs to do alot to convince people to choose that over Nintendo's 3D handheld. Although, the game only works as well if you buy that second stick, which the Vita comes with as standard.

I've played the demo, and I can assure you the game controls exquisitly without the Add on - though I imagine it has to be better with a second stick.

Depends really I'm so used to RE4's controls that I had no problem in demo, I also used RE4's set up when I played 5.
Izo 71
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: The Wyrdness
PSN ID: Wyrdness
Battle.net: Wii U: Wyrdness

Postby SatoriSatya » 05 Feb 2012, 09:16

lostimage wrote:I REALLY hope that the frame rate in that video was just that, in the video, because if the actual game runs that choppy (even if i had a 3ds) i wouldn't buy it.

The game has no framerate issues aside from an occasional hiccup here and there when first entering a room that is infested with enemies. The framerate does normalize itself once you're in the room, though.

Anyway, its nothing you don't see on consoles with many a games. Especially with Skyrim. And it doesn't hurt the game in any possible way.
SatoriSatya 4