to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro

Your comments on our articles.

Does Nintendo's bulky peripheral make a difference?

Slowly but surely things are starting to look up for the Nintendo 3DS. Since the fruitful price cut and the release of a few top notch first party titles the 3DS has seen a big surge in popularity.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro

Postby zinaptik » 25 Jan 2012, 18:54

Anyone else get a early 90's SEGA failure feel (game gear/32x/mega CD) from this, its probably the black and bulky look.
zinaptik 46

Re: Nintendo 3DS Circle Pad Pro

Postby moogiesboy » 25 Jan 2012, 19:20

What an ugly piece of crap. Honestly nintendo are off there heads if they think people are gonna go for this. Why the hell wasn't it (2nd stick) included in the origanal design. And I hear the new stick is a bitch to get use to because it feels differant to the origanal - WTF? Couldn't take to much effort to make an exact copy of the origanal surely??? And do they give u a free battery? They better give a free f'ing battery! This 2nd stick thing should be recognised officially as a blatent design gaff and every 3ds owner should get one these free! And Nintendo - dudes wheres the colour range. Just black, are u effing kidding me Ninty??? Colours are you bloody bag aren't they??? And what about access to my stylus - I want some easy stylus access Nintendo!!!!! But you've blocked ma hole haven't u ya bas*!rds !!!!!

Having said that mines coming on friday with a copy of revelations - seriously stoked for it I am too! :D
moogiesboy 50

Xbox Live: lazyboyjones
PSN ID: neutronbomb
Battle.net: lazyboyblue

Postby razors edge » 25 Jan 2012, 19:48

Well, thanks to Zavvi, this is costing me exactly nowt and is being delivered tomorrow.

Happy days.
razors edge 41

Postby Balladeer » 25 Jan 2012, 20:05

And cue everybody moaning about how it looks rather than how it plays. Who said society today is shallow and image-obsessed?

That said, blocking off the game slot and stylus slot is bloody stupid. I'll probably pick this up eventually, because two sliders are better than one, but that's still an awfully big design flaw.
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby eddiehitler » 25 Jan 2012, 20:14

Same here with the zavvi love, I told people that I wouldnt pay for the circle pad pro and because of them I got it at no extra cost.

As for including the Game Gear in that little list of SEGA failures you have to consider that until the PSP came along it was the best selling non nintendo handheld an had some great games for it.
eddiehitler 50

Postby MD1500 » 25 Jan 2012, 20:31

I think what happened was this:

Nintendo: Our console isn't selling as well as expected. We need a big name.
Capcom: Monster Hunter?
N: Yes!
C: Well, we could make Monster Hunter for your system, but you have to do something for us in return.
N: Anything! Name it!
C: Make a second stick add-on.
N: What?! The 3DS doesn't need it! It will ruin the design.
C: Well, I guess we'll release MH on the Vita instead....
N: Sigh..... OK. Just make sure the game's playable without it!
C: Deal.

You may criticise the decision, but just look at the sales in Japan since.
MD1500 52

Wii Code: 0483-2201-0667-9411
xFire: 3DS FC: 2320 - 6115 - 3313

Postby zinaptik » 25 Jan 2012, 22:14

eddiehitler wrote:Same here with the zavvi love, I told people that I wouldnt pay for the circle pad pro and because of them I got it at no extra cost.

As for including the Game Gear in that little list of SEGA failures you have to consider that until the PSP came along it was the best selling non nintendo handheld an had some great games for it.

Didn't mean in terms of sales more in terms of design, mega CD was a big black bulky add on that sat beside the mega drive, the 32x was a big black bulky add on that sat on top of the mega drive. As for the game gear it was a big brick that doesn't look to far way from this big black bulky add on.
zinaptik 46

Postby alan666 » 25 Jan 2012, 22:45

i have a free one coming to from Zavvi, looking forward to Resi but i won't be using the pad though.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby Spudfella » 25 Jan 2012, 23:16

Wouldn't have bought this but like most others here I bought Resi off Zavvi so it's free. 8)
Spudfella 40

Postby richard99 » 26 Jan 2012, 00:47

They really should have had a 2nd slider on the 3ds in the first place. If they had I'd probably have bought one by now rather than holding out and thinking about Vita.
Anyway, really big oversight by Nintendo but no changing it, it's done.
Now I'm wondering if they can use this as a starting to point to release a 3ds lite with a 2nd slider built in some time soon.
If anyone wants to see my favourite games take a look here :)
http://www.unikgamer.com/users/renegadev8-999.html
richard99 50

Xbox Live: renegadeV8
PSN ID: renegadeV8
Steam: renegadeV8

Postby Nathan91 » 26 Jan 2012, 01:01

So who else is waiting for the inevitable "3DS lite" that has a second circle pad inbuilt?
Nathan91 23

Postby Fr33Kye » 26 Jan 2012, 06:03

Balladeer wrote:And cue everybody moaning about how it looks rather than how it plays. Who said society today is shallow and image-obsessed?

That said, blocking off the game slot and stylus slot is bloody stupid. I'll probably pick this up eventually, because two sliders are better than one, but that's still an awfully big design flaw.

Dude aesthetics are important. Realizing that and embracing it does not make someone "shallow" nor does it make someone deep to downplay their importance.
I doubt any game will require you to use a circle pad and a stylus for obvious reasons but that does mean you'll be taking it on and off.
Fr33Kye 70

Postby Balladeer » 26 Jan 2012, 08:45

I'm not saying I'm deep, but I am saying others are shallow for caring. On a games console, where you're presumably going to be looking at the screens all the time, why does it matter? The only time I remember the 3DS console exists when playing MK7 on the tube is when my drift finger starts to ache.
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby Fr33Kye » 26 Jan 2012, 09:01

Because the looks of everything matters! Especially with OCD! I play better with a 360 controller but the ps3 controller is symmetrical. So ps3 controller > 360 controller. Personal feelings aside the appearance of every device matters especially one that's intended for use outside your home. This is simply how it works in this world. Even if it wasn't just about status symbols and fear of judgement, aesthetics are and should be valued.

I didnt mean to say you were calling yourself deep btw.
Fr33Kye 70

Postby Squall5005 » 26 Jan 2012, 09:12

I find the 3DS is a bit uncomfortable, especially when I'm trying to hit the L and R buttons because I have big hands.
I'll probably buy this ugly piece of crap just to make the console easier to hold.
Squall5005 56

PSN ID: Tidus5005
Steam: tidus5005

Next