to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

The Last Story: Magnificent, bold and unusual

Your comments on our articles.

We play Mistwalker's RPG in English...

Now, it's taken years of planning, countless dark magic rituals, and the sacrifice of a beloved pet rat, but the Wii has finally, bewilderingly and brilliantly become the go-to format for the big-budget JRPG.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

The Last Story: Magnificent, bold and unusual

Postby lordirongut » 24 Jan 2012, 16:41

I've got the Limited Edition preordered and by all accounts this is Sakaguchi's best game yet. Lost Odyssey remains my favourite 360 game, too. I'll abandon everything else when this comes through my door. Forget Final Fantasy XIII-2, forget Uncharted: Golden Abyss - nothing gets me excited like a Sakaguchi game, especially one where Uematsu is composing as well.
"Our world cannot be viewed through the glasses of common sense" - Masato Arai.

Twitter: @hyakushiki1234
JRPG/Japanese Culture blog: http://shrinetoamaterasu.blogspot.com/
lordirongut 67

PSN ID: lordirongut

Re: The Last Story: Magnificent, bold and unusual

Postby Balladeer » 24 Jan 2012, 16:49

If this is anywhere near as good as Xenoblade it stands to be one of my games of the year. "Interesting" voice acting doesn't bother me so long as the option to turn them to Japanese is present.
Balladeer 78

Postby ste hicky » 24 Jan 2012, 17:07

WTF is up with the names of everyone/everything?

Ruli City is no more?

Seiren, Quark, Manamia, Yuris, Jackal, Elza and co are gone?

That's gonna take some getting used to for me, I've known them as the names i've mentioned for years and hammered the game since the Japanese launch.

Again: WTF?

Quick tip: Battles are set to Auto Attack by default so be sure to switch to manual in the options and i'd recommend the CC for play too as you get camera control on the right stick and can fully appreciate the work that MW/AQ have put in to the environments.

Fully agree with the articles opening too: there is no other format on earth this side of the Playstation (1) that has the quality of JRPG's mentioned. Nothing.
You took away tomorrow, Still I stand...
ste hicky 64

Postby budge » 25 Jan 2012, 12:17

Right that's it, i'm buying a Wii. I've heard great things about this game, Xenoblade and Zelda and to be honest i think those 3 games alone are worth forking out for one. :D
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66