Wii U: Shift dev's Project CARS confirmed

Your comments on our articles.

Slightly Mad Studios confirms racing game for Nintendo console

A Wii U version of Project CARS is seemingly in development, with developer Slightly Mad Studios having stuck a logo for Nintendo's new console on some artwork for the game featured on its website.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Wii U: Shift dev's Project CARS confirmed

Postby azz72 » 23 Jan 2012, 19:53

classic F1 cars+Imola=i'm in :shock:
Currently Playing
Xbox One:,Forza Horizon 2,AC Unity
PS3:Uncharted 2
WiiU:WW HD
PC:Asseto corsa,Football Manager
3DS:Pokemon Y
azz72 52

Xbox Live: timson72

Re: Wii U: Shift dev's Project CARS confirmed

Postby Balladeer » 23 Jan 2012, 20:04

Four months of nothing, and now this? :( I'm really hoping that's just because Nintendo are keeping their cards held mighty close.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby RustySpoon80 » 23 Jan 2012, 20:40

So the Wii U is out when...This year. And so far we haven't seen anything about the actual games. I know we'll see more at E3 but that will be close to launch surely.
If it ends up getting PS3/Xbox ports its not going to do too well.
I cant see this being as popular as the wii and it wont be as powerful as PS4/nextBox. Lets hope its not the end for Nintendo.
RustySpoon80 56

Postby buffig » 23 Jan 2012, 21:40

Actually think this looks rather special. A hardcore driving sim for launch window, box ticked.
buffig 62

Postby Fr33Kye » 24 Jan 2012, 03:05

The wiiu's logo is sexy.
Balladeer wrote:Four months of nothing, and now this? :( I'm really hoping that's just because Nintendo are keeping their cards held mighty close.
Maybe they are planning some runaway-train marketing campaign. Or maybe it's not coming this year. Or maybe their cards are deep in their pockets and they just want the kids to reach in and grab them.......Long day...
Fr33Kye 71

Postby MD1500 » 24 Jan 2012, 06:01

I guess you'll use the subscreen as a rear view mirror....
MD1500 52

Wii Code: 0483-2201-0667-9411
xFire: 3DS FC: 2320 - 6115 - 3313

Postby Gamer1977 » 24 Jan 2012, 08:44

@Balladeer FFS!!! Obviously most exclusive & exciting stuff is getting kept for E3 reveal. This is a good indication that the WiiU will get good third-party support & will stand up well to the PC version as long as it's not a rushed port. I sick of all this negativity bullshit from everyone. It was the same with the 3DS fiasco in that it would fail & all this complete crap. I guess it's the fashionable thing to down Nintendo nowadays even though they keep proving people wrong all the time.
Gamer1977 5

Postby Old Skool Gamer » 24 Jan 2012, 08:45

OMG: Stop the presses!
We can't stop now, this is Bat Country!
Old Skool Gamer 39

PSN ID: xXI_OLDSKOOL_IXx

Postby Balladeer » 24 Jan 2012, 09:06

Gamer1977 wrote:@Balladeer FFS!!! Obviously most exclusive & exciting stuff is getting kept for E3 reveal. This is a good indication that the WiiU will get good third-party support & will stand up well to the PC version as long as it's not a rushed port. I sick of all this negativity bullshit from everyone. It was the same with the 3DS fiasco in that it would fail & all this complete crap. I guess it's the fashionable thing to down Nintendo nowadays even though they keep proving people wrong all the time.

Firstly, I'm a Nintendo fanboy, so I'm certainly not swayed by the general populace in terms of negativity. In fact, a good portion of the general populace might well be wetting themselves in anticipation of a WiiU "proper" racer (if they aren't put off by it being on a Nintendo console like morons), but it isn't for me. I just want my Mario Kart and (pleeeeeease) F-Zero.

Secondly, the 3DS did fail at launch. I'm not under the illusion that the WiiU will continue to do badly, just as the 3DS hasn't, but Nintendo need to have at least two (one "hardcore", one "casual") killer apps. for launch if they want to avoid a rerun of the 3DS' "quickly cut the price now ARGH" launch. Oh, and they need to keep the price down, but I'll probably end up buying it even if it costs £300 as long as it has the games to make it worthwhile.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby shellster2 » 24 Jan 2012, 13:12

looks really nice. great news to see a Wii U version is coming as well. lets face it, decent driving sims on nintendo hardware is pretty rare to say the least.

the only weird thing in that video is that there are no arms and hands moving the wheel which makes it look odd. hopefully that would be in on the final game. by no means a deal breaker but it can't be hard to do surely?
Loving LCFC's surge to the top.
shellster2 68

Xbox Live: scootoss
PSN ID: scootoss
Wii Code: wiiu - scootoss
Steam: scootoss