to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Your comments on our articles.

HD updates of Kojima's classics finally set for European release

Konami has released a European launch trailer for Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which hits UK stores on February 3.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby ensabahnur » 23 Jan 2012, 14:41

Yaayy, only 2 weeks now until i finally get to play MGS3 again. That's what i'll be playing first off this collection, then maybe Peace Walker and the original Metal Gears. I'll keep MGS2 for last.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Re: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection launch trailer

Postby collyboy187 » 23 Jan 2012, 14:55

ensabahnur wrote:Yaayy, only 2 weeks now until i finally get to play MGS3 again. That's what i'll be playing first off this collection, then maybe Peace Walker and the original Metal Gears. I'll keep MGS2 for last.

Yea I'll probly do the same, only I'll play mgs 1 again before 2 then 4 afterward. That way I'll have played through the entire game timeline in the right order. God damn I'm sad! :)
If its not worth doing, its not worth doing right!!
collyboy187 44

PSN ID: thecollyboy

Postby T-Jani » 23 Jan 2012, 15:52

Is this coming to the Vita? I hope so as it would look stunning on that OLED display.
T-Jani 33

Xbox Live: TjGuyver
PSN ID: T-Jani

Postby ensabahnur » 23 Jan 2012, 16:03

collyboy187 wrote:
Yea I'll probly do the same, only I'll play mgs 1 again before 2 then 4 afterward. That way I'll have played through the entire game timeline in the right order. God damn I'm sad! :)
Nah that's not sad at all, i might just join you there. Still got the original MGS1 from the US PSN, might give it a blast when i'm done with the MSX classics.
ensabahnur 68

Postby El Mag » 23 Jan 2012, 16:11

Had the game since Christmas. Finished 3, played about an hour of Peace Walker and not touched MGS 2.

I'll get back to Peace Walker soon though, got bugger all to play until Darkness 2
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby ensabahnur » 23 Jan 2012, 16:32

El Mag wrote:Had the game since Christmas. Finished 3, played about an hour of Peace Walker and not touched MGS 2.

I'll get back to Peace Walker soon though, got bugger all to play until Darkness 2
How is Peace Walker, does it suffer a bit in the missions due to it being designed as a portable game? What about the MSX games, how do they run?

And this is all i've got until The Darkness 2 as well, was a pretty barren January for games.
ensabahnur 68

Postby El Mag » 23 Jan 2012, 16:40

I think that's why I just randomly stopped playing Peace Walker. It looks good considering it's a PSP game and it handles much better thanks to the controls. But it just seems a bit disjointed really, going and doing small missions then going back to the base.

And on the PSP some bosses were hard as feck unless you were playing co-op. But only a few were playing on the PS3, mostly Japanese and mostly only playing deathmatch not the actual game.

I didn't try the MSX games. Saw them on the MGS 3 main menu but I was too much into that to put them on.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby gmcb007 » 23 Jan 2012, 16:40

I want to go in order but I really missed MGS3 so...wait..hang on. MGS3 is set BEFORE 2! Yep thats that sorted! :)

But seriously, I can not wait to play these wonderful games once again especially on a much bigger TV!

@El Mag

That's my concern as well for PW. I'll probably play through it once and forget about it.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby MJ-Thriller94 » 23 Jan 2012, 16:57

Seriously can't wait for this. Itching to play Snake Eater again, even though i have it for ps2. Wanna hold on till this though, a whole weekend with Snake Eater, YES PLEASE! :D :D :D

Will enjoy Metal Gear Solid 2 just as much as i really liked it and played through it dozens of times. Peace Walker i look forward to also, had it for psp but never played it much. But with a controllable camera and CO-OP, it shall be a great joy to play. Hurry up 3rd of February! :D
Currently playing: Crysis 3, The Godfather, Bioshock Infinite, Fifa 13
MJ-Thriller94 49

Xbox Live: bigbrain303
PSN ID: MJ-Thriller94

Postby wrightandrewjame » 23 Jan 2012, 17:14

Been playing Peace Walker on my PSP over the last week or so and I agree with everyone's sentiments, it's rock hard on your own. Not impossible by any means, but it's a game that's meant to be replayed a lot. Play it first to finish the mission, then to get more personnel, then with much better equipment try and get the S rank. Either way still loving it. Can't wait to play the HD Collection with "proper" controls.

Oh and MGS2 and MGS3 as well.
wrightandrewjame 53

PSN ID: Solid_Snake1987

Postby DarthBuster22 » 23 Jan 2012, 18:41

Not sure whether to get this or not as ive never played a MGS game before. Does anybody recommend getting it? :D
DarthBuster22 24

Postby MattyR95 » 23 Jan 2012, 18:46

Finally! This is the collection I've been waiting for ever since the GOW one came out.
MattyR95 53

Postby dwhlufc » 23 Jan 2012, 18:59

I've got a £20 HMV voucher do as long as £30 I'll buy it,if it's more then looks like I'll have to wait. :(
dwhlufc 75

Postby sonic_uk » 23 Jan 2012, 22:45

Wasn't going to wait more than three months for the European release for no good reason I can see so imported the Ps3 version back in December and am really happy with it. For anyone that liked the original Mgs games I would recommend this Hd Collection. Its just a shame Mgs 1 or Twin Snakes was not included but its still a worthwhile purchase, especially at that price.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 55

Postby Bryanee1983 » 23 Jan 2012, 23:38

Just like El Mag I had this bought for me as a Christmas present. Already gone through MGS2 and 3, both look really good and play well, bit of slowdown in some places on MGS3 but nothing to bad.

I'm part way through Peace Walker and I'm enjoying th bite sized missions plus the side missions are a welcome addition.
Right now, I'm letting you live. And I'll continue to keep you alive...until you've grown enough to become worth killing.♠
Joined 2001
Bryanee1983 59

Next