to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Sony's Andrew House Pt. 1

Your comments on our articles.

The new head of PlayStation grants us a full and frank interview at the PS Vita's Japanese launch

It's difficult to dismiss the phrase "Boy done good" from your mind when you meet Andrew House.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby stealth » 17 Jan 2012, 13:58

"people have been talking about the rise of mobile phones and tablets as gaming platforms, against conventional handheld consoles. How do you see Vita competing against them, and what will make it outperform them"

Only trolls and anaylsts who have no clue what the industry is like actually says that

The 3ds is selling far more than the ds ever did.

with higher game sales and higher third party and first party support
stealth 47

Postby roland82 » 17 Jan 2012, 13:58

Interesting read. The business talk near the end got a bit much though. Not planning to buy a Vita but wish it good luck for the sake of the industry.
roland82 56

Re: Sony's Andrew House Pt. 1

Postby stealth » 17 Jan 2012, 14:01

Continued...........

What will it take for dedicated platforms to outsell phones and tablets?

What will it take for consoles to outsell total pc sales?

A miracle.

BUT

not everyone games on pc's, only half of people who own a tablet or phone game on it. And what they are gaming is on average 3 minutes or less

With a dedcated system, you play for alot longer, and you get a deeper and just plan better experience for gaming.

GAMING
stealth 47

Postby sammikid » 17 Jan 2012, 16:13

I personally liked the pspGo (bar the missing second analog)
I would have liked to see a slimmer, sleeker, digital only version of the vita, I didn't like to carry around game discs with the psp and liked having the GO in my pocket with a harddrive full of games... Maybe in a couple of years then.
sammikid 58

PSN ID: SammIKid

Postby damoxuk » 17 Jan 2012, 20:26

Digital only no sorry do not agree.

Mainly in pricing, retail games have competition from retailers if not much sales they drop fast.

Digital however there is no competition only the platform holders store.

Oh and once you completed a digital game what use it then? At least with retail you can sell it on to fund more titles or fund your weekly shop or anything :D
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk

Postby Barca Azul » 17 Jan 2012, 21:14

Good article, thanks.

Makes a change from the PR bull.

I've a tablet, but I'd still get a Vita for gaming. Its the games, the interfaces and funcionality. Tablets have limitations of controls, but there is some fun stuff on it. However they are different markets for me and different uses.
Barca Azul 59

Postby sincerelyhis » 18 Jan 2012, 14:12

Damn... My friend just showed me the recently leaked information of the Playstation 4 and Xbox

720 and I must say, I was completely amazed. I didn't think this info would be released for quite

a while, but it's managed to find its way onto the Internet, luckily!

If you guys want to check out the PS4 and Xbox 720 for yourselves, here's the site I saw them on:

http://xbox720ps4leak.com.nu/
sincerelyhis 2
New user