to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

OnLive finally has a football game...

Your comments on our articles.

PES 2012 confirmed for cloud gaming platform

Cloud gaming service OnLive is set to fill a big hole in its portfolio with the release of PES 2012.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

OnLive finally has a football game...

Postby Joco84 » 16 Jan 2012, 14:02

is online stable now? anyone recommend it?
Joco84 25

PSN ID: Joco84
xFire: supermoff

Re: OnLive finally has a football game...

Postby buffig » 16 Jan 2012, 14:24

I was strongly against it. However over the weekend I upgraded to 30mb virgin bb (going up to 60mb in feb for free yay!)...The service is much more enjoyable at these speeds. I get a solid 32mb a second on speedtest.net. Played Darksiders for 20 mins and had a good time. At 10mb though it was rubbish for me. May give it another chance.
buffig 61

Postby iammillsey » 16 Jan 2012, 15:31

I have been looking a this but like most my t'internet speed wasn't up to scratch. But now I have BT Infinity running at about 20mb so I tried it through the Android App. I played a free demo of DiRT 3 running on a year old HTC Desire HD. The touch screen control was pants but it ran very smoothly and looked amazing. So I tried the new Driver and that was good too (well, the quality of the graphics was).

A good thing I found was the lobby where you can watch others playing the games live. Quite fun, although I couldn't interact.

Might give the console a go now I know it works. Best games I saw were Saints Row 3, DiRT 3, Just Cause 2 among a few others.
iammillsey 22

Postby Padua » 16 Jan 2012, 18:56

I would also recommend Borderlands, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Batman:Arkham Asylum (which I got for the £1 opening offer and got me hooked) It is worth opening a free account if only to play the 30min demos and take advantage of the occasional massively discounted game.

I have Virgin 50Mb/s download and a poxy upload that varies anything between "100K and 1Mb". :|
Even so - the performance is much better later in the evening. At peak times there can still be issues although I wouldn't blame that all on Onlive. Virgin aren't no saints either :lol:

Lag is surprisingly not an issue if you have a decent connection. I was stuck on Batman: Arkham Asylum for a few minutes and then an observer started speaking to me through voice chat and guided me through a small stage!
Padua 63

PSN ID: ACD1306

Postby nologo » 17 Jan 2012, 09:54

Padua wrote:I would also recommend Borderlands, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Batman:Arkham Asylum (which I got for the £1 opening offer and got me hooked) It is worth opening a free account if only to play the 30min demos and take advantage of the occasional massively discounted game.

I have Virgin 50Mb/s download and a poxy upload that varies anything between "100K and 1Mb". :|
Even so - the performance is much better later in the evening. At peak times there can still be issues although I wouldn't blame that all on Onlive. Virgin aren't no saints either :lol:

Lag is surprisingly not an issue if you have a decent connection. I was stuck on Batman: Arkham Asylum for a few minutes and then an observer started speaking to me through voice chat and guided me through a small stage!

finally!! ppl who have actually tried it posting positive comments about the service. the 30m demos are awesome and i also took advantage of the £1 deals over xmas.
i'm tempted by this pre order deal.. the console is £69... so basically get half price console wiht a free game by preordering this.
psn: zell71
wow server: Vashj-EU
Jetsetwilly Gnome Warrior
nologo 47