to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Australian retailer JB Hi-Fi won't be selling PlayStation Vi

Your comments on our articles.

Vita 3G says hello to Vodaphone and goodbye to JB Hi-Fi

As a Telstra dealer, Australian retailer JB Hi-Fi has an agreement not to sell Vodaphone products. Unfortunately, as the PlayStation Vita comes packaged with a Vodaphone SIM, JB-Hi-Fi has had to cancel any pre-orders and will not be stocking it upon release.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Australian retailer JB Hi-Fi won't be selling PlayStation Vi

Postby 360_Fan » 10 Jan 2012, 06:15

Thats a shame. JB's usually have the best package deals, and are usually the first to undercut the competion with pricing. Looks like if you want the 3G version you will be paying the full RRP. Bad news for consumers who still buy in stores.
360_Fan 61

Re: Australian retailer JB Hi-Fi won't be selling PlayStatio

Postby jm3811 » 10 Jan 2012, 07:09

I agree with your avatar.
You'll Love It: It Looks Just Like A Telefunken U47.
jm3811 37

Postby KippDynamite » 10 Jan 2012, 07:59

In other news, Vita will have Netflix from day one:

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-33363_1-573556 ... ay-at-ces/
KippDynamite 49

PSN ID: KippDynamite

Postby starvinbull » 10 Jan 2012, 10:24

I wasn't going to buy a Vita but as much as I can't abide paying £200 for a handheld the lure of LBP was too great.

Preordered for launch, I checked out the 3G version but it's such a rip off admittedly not through any fault of Sony.

2GB of data should cost £15 or more per month and even that would be demolished with online play. My Iphone 4 uses up the half GB of data every month and all I use is safari to read cracked and CVG when I'm at work for long hours.
starvinbull 59

Postby svd_grasshopper » 10 Jan 2012, 10:50

See, this is Hi Fi. OK? Hi Fidelity. You know what that means? That means this is the highest quality fidelity. Hi Fi: two very important things to have in a stereo system.

Kick it up another another 3 or 4 quads per channel. But that's technical talk. That doesn't really concern you.
I LIKE ELECTRO, I LIKE RETRO, I LIKE GHETTO: HOUSE & TECHNO!
svd_grasshopper 62

Postby wrightandrewjame » 10 Jan 2012, 11:25

starvinbull wrote:2GB of data should cost £15 or more per month and even that would be demolished with online play. My Iphone 4 uses up the half GB of data every month and all I use is safari to read cracked and CVG when I'm at work for long hours.

Just to point out to you the 3G version will only allow multiplayer play over 3G if the game allows it. I can't imagine many higher paced games doing so. Something like Hustle Kings might, where you take turns, but really I think it'll be limited to just messaging, leaderboard updates and other location based features. In other words 3G seems a bit pointless to me. Especially with the emergence of Wi-Fi hotspots around the country... and that if I had a Vita it probably wouldn't do much travelling from my house.
wrightandrewjame 53

PSN ID: Solid_Snake1987

Postby starvinbull » 10 Jan 2012, 11:52

wrightandrewjame wrote:
starvinbull wrote:2GB of data should cost £15 or more per month and even that would be demolished with online play. My Iphone 4 uses up the half GB of data every month and all I use is safari to read cracked and CVG when I'm at work for long hours.

Just to point out to you the 3G version will only allow multiplayer play over 3G if the game allows it. I can't imagine many higher paced games doing so. Something like Hustle Kings might, where you take turns, but really I think it'll be limited to just messaging, leaderboard updates and other location based features. In other words 3G seems a bit pointless to me. Especially with the emergence of Wi-Fi hotspots around the country... and that if I had a Vita it probably wouldn't do much travelling from my house.

You're quite right, thanks for refreshing my memory on the details. It seems even more worthless to own a 3G model when you factor in your points.

The only game I'd have been playing online would have been LBP anyway but I guess the community on Vita will be pretty small and most levels will be made solo unlike LBP2 currently. I hope there's a convegence of LBPV and LBP2 with the Vita features being capable on LBP2 using the Vita as a controller.
starvinbull 59

Postby Athrun888 » 10 Jan 2012, 16:51

And nothing of value was (imo) lost. The 3G version is redundant imo, especially at that price.
Athrun888 63

Postby damoxuk » 10 Jan 2012, 19:42

I'm pretty sure LBP is NOT launch title so i'd hold off until it arrives later in the year m8 :)

But of course it's a sexy piece of kit so ... :)
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk