to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Amy dev asks fans to decide price

Your comments on our articles.

Don't like US PSN's pricier offering? Tell them about it

Lexis Numérique has responded to fan cries over the US PlayStation Network version of its digital horror game, Amy, being slightly more expensive than the Xbox Live offering.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Amy dev asks fans to decide price

Postby TheLastDodo » 08 Jan 2012, 00:27

The real reason is their last game 'Red Johnson Chronicles' was released just before PSN was hacked last year and they lost out on the revenue it would've initially generated pre-PSN hack, so they shaft PS3 owners out of an extra quid or so with 'Amy' to recoup some of the cash they lost on RJC.

/conspiracy theory.

Personally I'll wait for a sale or Plus discount.
TheLastDodo 77

Re: Amy dev asks fans to decide price

Postby Fr33Kye » 08 Jan 2012, 06:31

TheLastDodo wrote:The real reason is their last game 'Red Johnson Chronicles' was released just before PSN was hacked last year and they lost out on the revenue it would've initially generated pre-PSN hack, so they shaft PS3 owners out of an extra quid or so with 'Amy' to recoup some of the cash they lost on RJC.

/conspiracy theory.

Personally I'll wait for a sale or Plus discount.

I loved Red Johnson Chronicles! I didnt realize it was right before the psn hack, no wonder no one seems to have played it. I'm gonna go ahead and accept this conspiracy theory as fact. I like lexis numerique, i definitely think they have something special but i'm so f**king behind i wont be picking this up for some time anyway.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby solamon77 » 08 Jan 2012, 22:09

Well, I guess that is one advantage to Microsoft using MS points for their transactions.
solamon77 44

Xbox Live: Solamon77
PSN ID: Solamon77
Steam: Solamon77

Postby pRM8 » 09 Jan 2012, 11:08

solamon77 wrote:Well, I guess that is one advantage to Microsoft using MS points for their transactions.

Well that only depends in what country you reside, from a customer point of view.
Avoiding Destruction Since 1982...
The CVG Player strikes again!
pRM8 61

Postby ensabahnur » 09 Jan 2012, 14:19

Well going by the early review i don't think its gonna matter what price they punt it at, unless its dirt cheap and people don't mind paying buttons for what seems to be a poorly constructed game.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur