FIFA 12: How I learned to love rage quitters

Your comments on our articles.

Or, how I learned to stop worrying...

Slightly worried that my nine year-old son has the mind of a griefer.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

FIFA 12: How I learned to love rage quitters

Postby jm3811 » 26 Dec 2011, 09:39

I've always wondered why there was no thumbs up system in gaming that would allow to give credit to the team players; just like we give stars to the PSN downloads.
That would nicely balance the multiple options that we have to report glitchers, cheats or other sinners.

Most of all that would help some of us to find their soul partners without having to spend ages in hell.
You'll Love It: It Looks Just Like A Telefunken U47.
jm3811 37

Re: FIFA 12: How I learned to love rage quitters

Postby dwhlufc » 26 Dec 2011, 10:35

jm3811 wrote:I've always wondered why there was no thumbs up system in gaming that would allow to give credit to the team players; just like we give stars to the PSN downloads.
That would nicely balance the multiple options that we have to report glitchers, cheats or other sinners.

Most of all that would help some of us to find their soul partners without having to spend ages in hell.

They implemented such a system in PES12,not ure about last years game as this is the first PES i've bought since the ps2,there is one slight problem with it though,people don't seem to give you the thumbs up even if you win or lose without quitting.

Isn't there anyway for the devs to put a system in place where you gain more xp for finishing games and lose xp for quitting or quitters can't choose 5 star teams,i know some people don't mind quitters as they win but personally i enjoy finishing the game like a true sportman when winning or losing.
dwhlufc 76

Postby BenThomasFoster » 26 Dec 2011, 18:02

Indeed I always try to remind those player who run with the keeper, play everyone completey onside by sitting on goal line, sitting on the opposing teams box, playing out of position, no passing. Thats it's more fun to play the normal way and/or better to quit and find a game where you can get ST. if they don't get that i remind them how imature or selfish they are depending on their crime. with either "how old are you 6?" or "if your fiends seen you play like this would they think your cool?" 9/10 times they are 15 years+ (and then they stop playing ect because they know they should be acting their age) ect ect. I simply don't get how running qith the keeper(or playing) can be fun, How playing everyone onside so they attack all the time can be fun, how you hardly get touches of the ball because your offside and make it likes a 10v11 game, how a defender or CM play's out of position and thus we get less of the ball and not passing because we all know nobody at all i've seen has actually got past more than 2 players
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby The_KFD_Case » 28 Dec 2011, 01:02

Which is yet another reason why I prefer single player games overall (though admittedly I do enjoy L4D2 and in the past some CS:Source). I make no apologies: I will quit in a heartbeat if I start to find the game session become joyless grinding that aggravates me. Gaming is supposed to be primarily about a sense of enjoyment, fun, and achievement to me personally. After a while of suffering idiocy or incompetence - deliberate or otherwise (especially the former) - from others I'll walk away. After all, if you're not having fun what's the point?
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65

Postby jm3811 » 28 Dec 2011, 11:41

dwhlufc wrote:
They implemented such a system in PES12,not sure about last years game as this is the first PES i've bought since the ps2,there is one slight problem with it though,people don't seem to give you the thumbs up even if you win or lose without quitting.

Isn't there anyway for the devs to put a system in place where you gain more xp for finishing games and lose xp for quitting or quitters can't choose 5 star teams,i know some people don't mind quitters as they win but personally i enjoy finishing the game like a true sportsman when winning or losing.

We quite agree on that although in my book (and "experience") it's OK to quit when you are surrounded by douchebags. I wouldn't spend my time in a Battlefield game with a dirty dozen.

I guess that what needs to be implemented in coop team games is the reward system for common objectives. To the extreme it would give zero point for a kill and every gain would belong to the team. Apart from earning a few medals that's pretty much how it works in real conflicts.
jm3811 37

Postby TheLastDodo » 28 Dec 2011, 15:14

The_KFD_Case wrote:After all, if you're not having fun what's the point?

KFD sums it up.

Fun.

Stick your K/D's and your trophies/achievements up your arse.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby gmcb007 » 28 Dec 2011, 15:17

TheLastDodo wrote:
The_KFD_Case wrote:After all, if you're not having fun what's the point?

KFD sums it up.

Fun.

Stick your K/D's and your trophies/achievements up your arse.

Exactly. If I wanted to get pleasure out of statistics then I would have got a job in logistics!
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby jm3811 » 28 Dec 2011, 19:29

I'm very proud of my BFBC2 K/D. I mean: 0.77 WOW!

jm3811 37