to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - The franchises Arkham City

Your comments on our articles.

Unleash Grimlock...

Just when we figured that the Transformers videogames had finally dragged themselves out of the Constructicons' scrapyard, along came another Michael Bay Hollywood tie-in... and, well, it was a case of 'fall flat', rather than 'roll out'.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - The franchises Arkham City

Postby mogel94 » 10 Dec 2011, 14:42

It looks interesting but I doubt it'll be any where near the same quality as Arkham City. But I'll still buy it and love it as the sad Transformers nerd I am (but f**k the movies).
mogel94 43

Xbox Live: SoggySage
PSN ID: Iski94I

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - The franchises Arkham

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 Dec 2011, 15:12

Aside from that stupid RC car decepticon and the stupider bits with the parents I kinda liked the first movie... the others sucked though. Apart from that bit in the second one where Optimus takes on everyone. That was cool. But that's it. Honest.

I only ever played the demo for War For Cybertron- it seemed ok (mostly for that transforming noise)- but seeing as I don't buy Activision games I forgot about it. I know it's got some good reviews but can anyone who's played it tell me if it's worth a purchase?
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby Aer0Smith360 » 10 Dec 2011, 15:14

Can not wait for this game! The first had issue's but was good enough to complete. Online had major issue's I thought but overall not bad! From what I have read online and watching interviews from the developers about this upcoming sequel the game sounds AMAZING! More emphasis on Solo campaign which means no CO-OP campaign and seemingly the online mode has been completly changed with the added bonus of Customising your own autobot/decepticon :D....Also Grimlocks transformation mode can only be accessed by building enough rage for the transformation to take place!
Aer0Smith360 25

Xbox Live: Aer0Smith360

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 Dec 2011, 15:19

Aer0Smith360 wrote:More emphasis on Solo campaign which means no CO-OP campaign and seemingly the online mode has been completly changed with the added bonus of Customising your own autobot/decepticon :D...

Wait- hold the f**king phone. You can customise your own autobot??

This could be the greatest thing ever made by human hands.
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Postby Aer0Smith360 » 10 Dec 2011, 15:23

MrPirtniw wrote:I know it's got some good reviews but can anyone who's played it tell me if it's worth a purchase?

Think GOW but TRANSFORMERS theme. The only thing that is annoying with the game is the A.I. on Hard Mode and that the character can not take cover! Campaign is well done and co-op is an added bonus. Visually the game is just breathe taken lol. Online is good, not great either, which you have 4 classes, I think, to lvl up and with each level you can customise the Autobot/Decepticon to your own needs. If you can pick it up cheap then I say you wont regret it but it's entirely up to you :)
Aer0Smith360 25

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 Dec 2011, 15:30

Thanks man- if you take any game and add Optimus Prime it instantly becomes 10x better. I'll check it out.
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Postby Aer0Smith360 » 10 Dec 2011, 15:33

Yeah the developers have given the online mode a complete makeover! The first game ONLY allowed certain parts that where customised to the Autobot/Decepticon from the level, 25 being the Max it can go. Seemingly the Developers have listened to the feedback from the fans of the first and have ADDED a proper customisation that allows the player to build there VERY own Autobot/Decepticon! 8)

It also has challenges which when complete unlocks other parts/weapons etc :P

No problem MrPirtniw :)
Aer0Smith360 25

Postby mogel94 » 10 Dec 2011, 15:37

You can make your own Transformer????

Cannot. f**king. wait :mrgreen:
mogel94 43

Xbox Live: SoggySage
PSN ID: Iski94I

Postby verynaughtyboy » 10 Dec 2011, 15:52

mogel94 wrote:It looks interesting but I doubt it'll be any where near the same quality as Arkham City. But I'll still buy it and love it as the sad Transformers nerd I am (but f**k the movies).

Language!!! Do you kiss your Optimus Prime figure with that potty mouth?!

Seriously though, looking forward to this. WFC was a great game.
I spend all my money on Games and Consoles. Any left over I just waste.
verynaughtyboy 41

Postby Skarfester » 10 Dec 2011, 17:03

WFC was the best transformers game ever made, i'm so excited for this game being a massive old skool tf fan. I really cant wait to try out the dinobots and insecticons.
Skarfester 34

Postby WorldofHarvis » 10 Dec 2011, 18:11

But that would imply that the 'Cybertron' franchise was good.....

I am not trolling but I found 'War for Cybertron' to be pretty standard and uninspiring and if it wants to be mentioned positively in the same sentence then 'Fall' better be pretty sweet.
WorldofHarvis 20
New user

Postby wuntuwuntu » 10 Dec 2011, 18:28

mogel94 wrote:It looks interesting but I doubt it'll be any where near the same quality as Arkham City. But I'll still buy it and love it as the sad Transformers nerd I am (but f**k the movies).

butt f##k the movies... nice...or maybe not...depends what you're in to... i've said too much...i'm off.
wuntuwuntu 37

Postby dwhlufc » 10 Dec 2011, 23:07

MrPirtniw wrote:Aside from that stupid RC car decepticon and the stupider bits with the parents I kinda liked the first movie... the others sucked though. Apart from that bit in the second one where Optimus takes on everyone. That was cool. But that's it. Honest.

I only ever played the demo for War For Cybertron- it seemed ok (mostly for that transforming noise)- but seeing as I don't buy Activision games I forgot about it. I know it's got some good reviews but can anyone who's played it tell me if it's worth a purchase?
I played through both campaigns and unless you see it for a tenner mate then I'd just recommend you rent it,there are dome good boss battles but the environment is do boring and repetitive it felt like a grind to play through the campaign twice.Graphics aren't bad by any means but every stage more or less looks the same.It does play well though and I did enjoy both endings.

Online however was pants and I wouldn't bother with that as there's plenty of better offering out there plus I read there turning the servers off I think.
dwhlufc 75

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 Dec 2011, 23:40

dwhlufc wrote:I played through both campaigns and unless you see it for a tenner mate then I'd just recommend you rent it,there are dome good boss battles but the environment is do boring and repetitive it felt like a grind to play through the campaign twice.Graphics aren't bad by any means but every stage more or less looks the same.It does play well though and I did enjoy both endings.

Online however was pants and I wouldn't bother with that as there's plenty of better offering out there plus I read there turning the servers off I think.

The cheapest I've found it is on Play for £17.99 - I think I may have to give it a rent and see-the demo was nice and fluid but I did think Cybertron looked a little bland- but then I only saw one map. Anywho, Cheers fella.
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Postby dwhlufc » 11 Dec 2011, 00:18

No worries mate,I got it for £12 off shopto.net a while back,got £8 for it when I traded it in aswell. :D
dwhlufc 75

Next