to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Mario Kart 7 races to No.1 in Japan

Your comments on our articles.

Enjoys the biggest 3DS launch week yet

Mario Kart 7 debuted at No.1 on the latest Japanese chart, topping Super Mario 3D Land's opening week sales to record the biggest 3DS launch yet in the country.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Mario Kart 7 races to No.1 in Japan

Postby damoxuk » 07 Dec 2011, 19:58

Aye 3DS is dead..

As always it shows that once Nintendo get's in on the act with there first party behemoths it sell's consoles.

I bet they wish they launched mario on day 1 so they could have kept that price point.... 8)
damoxuk 54

Xbox Live: damoxuk
PSN ID: damoxuk
Steam: damoxuk

Re: Mario Kart 7 races to No.1 in Japan

Postby ReBorn.....T. » 07 Dec 2011, 20:55

Anyone with 150 sovs spare should buy this little marvel post haste!
I've bought 2 thus far due to the fact that me first one was nicked outta me van.....are northern folk keeping up with me Laaaandan speak thus far? Chooook?

Anyhoo, great little machine that's really coming into it's own now cos of games like Mario Kart, etc;

The Big N....they'll never let you down....

...well not much, anyways.
ReBorn.....T. 24

Postby SpandexArmstrong » 07 Dec 2011, 22:59

Not to start a flame war, but does anyone else think that the Vita is in a bit of trouble? The 3DS has just sold over 3 mil in japan, Mario Land & Mario Kart are selling like hotcakes & Monster Hunter Tri drops there this month. Also the price difference & memory cards. Gonna be interesting....
SpandexArmstrong 45

PSN ID: Me0wgRavY

Postby 03b2wgm » 09 Dec 2011, 20:31

SpandexArmstrong wrote:Not to start a flame war, but does anyone else think that the Vita is in a bit of trouble? The 3DS has just sold over 3 mil in japan, Mario Land & Mario Kart are selling like hotcakes & Monster Hunter Tri drops there this month. Also the price difference & memory cards. Gonna be interesting....

Nope, I'm sure they'll end up selling pretty well anyway. Everyone knows the PS3 was overpriced at launch, but people still bought them, and now after all these years it's not doing bad at all. I'll stick with my 3DS though. PlayStation is not for me.
03b2wgm 39

Postby Tuclanif » 14 Dec 2011, 01:09

Why aint there loads of childish comments under this article.. weird. IMO this game is the best pick up and play multi-player racer ever, and not just on portable gaming. and yes, thats without the 3d. I'm old enough to reconise when an all time classic has arrived,actually here is a quick list of IMOs.

Mario Kart 7 (best multi-player racer)
Diablo 2 (best hack n slash rpg ever)
COD (best FPS ever)
Zelda orcania of time/ final fantasy 7 (best single player rpgs ever, I really couldnt choose and I havnt played Skyrim yet)
WOW (Ive played them all and yes it is still the best mmo)
Guild Wars 2 (will be the best :) )
DOOM ( THE BEST GAME EVER, but only for its time)

wow, that made me all nostelgic, I know ive missed a few but some genre's are to hard.
Tuclanif 10