2012: What's in store for PS3 exclusives?

Your comments on our articles.

The Last Guardian could be just the start, reckons PSM3...

Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Uncharted 3, LittleBigPlanet 2. Few would contend that 2011 was a year of blockbusting exclusives for Sony and PS3. But while there's a slew of multi-platform big-hitters on the 2012 horizon, from Rockstar's GTA V to BioWare's Mass Effect 3, purebred Sony titles are few and far between.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

2012: What's in store for PS3 exclusives?

Postby gearyboy » 07 Dec 2011, 13:08

Hmm, this story and the one just posted before it are not natural bedfellows. This one is bigging up TLG, the one before it is suggesting that the game may become MIA for a while.
Please CVG. less of the stuff lifted straight from your sister magazines and more comment on the here and now.

On the topic of exclusives, are they really the console sellers everyone would have us believe? From the list mentioned at the start of this article, you could argue only UC3 really sold in substantial numbers and the few xbox exclusives this year sold ok but didn't start a stampede to the shops to buy a 360.

The multiplat games still seem to make the most noise and have the most time and energies spent on them as they are the ones that accrue the most money for the developer and publisher.
"Never...ever....eat your own chin."
gearyboy 30

Xbox Live: MaGe1974
PSN ID: gearyboy

Re: 2012: What's in store for PS3 exclusives?

Postby Dred0 » 07 Dec 2011, 13:52

Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Uncharted 3, LittleBigPlanet 2.

Blockbusters? Come. On. I see one candidate in the whole lot: Uncharted.
pwning n00bs since '78.
Dred0 29

Xbox Live: Dred0
PSN ID: FeealissPappa
Steam: Feealiss

Postby theaface » 07 Dec 2011, 13:58

Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Uncharted 3, LittleBigPlanet 2. Few would contend that 2011 was a year of blockbusting exclusives for Sony and PS3.

I would. :|
theaface 45

Postby JBoo » 07 Dec 2011, 14:07

You got more gaming choices if you buy a PS3 than an Xbox 360 & just because a game don't sell 10 billion day 1 it don't mean it isn't good. KZ3 + LBP2 + Infamous 2 etc etc are brilliant games:P All SONY need to do next year is 2 more price drops mainly in the US i.e PS3 = $199(middle of next year)then PS3 = $149 at christmas 2012:P
JBoo 31

Postby RavenxPrime » 07 Dec 2011, 14:07

Dred0 wrote:
Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Uncharted 3, LittleBigPlanet 2.

Agree 100%, unfortunately a lot of folk believe the term PS3 Exclusive = AAA Best Game Ever.

When in reality beside the original LBP, Uncharted 2,3 and out of personal preference Infamous, the vast majority of them have failed to match the hype.

This has happened with Playstation since the very beginning tho, Gran Turismo was hyped in the mags for almost a year, rented it day of release, spent a couple of hours p**sed at it because I had to pass tests before I could race (In a racing game!!) returned it the following day.

This was not uncommon for PS1 exclusives back in the day.
RavenxPrime 40

Postby TheLastDodo » 07 Dec 2011, 14:11

You forgot Motorstorm Apocalypse and Infamous 2. Both far more deserving of the term 'blockbuster' than Killzone 3.

Anyway............more than enough games to keep me happy next year.

Starhawk, Twisted Metal, Journey, Sly Cooper, The Last Guardian (hopefully). Dust 514, Agent (who knows), Inversion, Bioshock Infinite, Colonial Marines, Amy, Borderlands 2, Metro Last Light, Binary Domain, GTA V (hopefully), Tomb Raider, SSX, Prey 2, I Am Alive, Joe Danger The Movie.

And thats just the games I've heard of :shock:

You can stick ur PS4 for now.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Rockstarboy » 07 Dec 2011, 15:01

Has anyone here actually played Killzone 3? The story is great and so is online, there's no lag, kids or crying over headsets. The maps aren't as good as Killzone 2 but they are still good. The graphics are amazing and are probably the best on PS3. It might not get as much recognition as CoD but it deserves it because it's a better game.
Rockstarboy 3
New user

Postby Dalaeck » 07 Dec 2011, 16:17

I still utterly fail to see any need to buy a PS3. I have a PC and these "exclusives" are about as inspiring as moldy bread.
I hear they're canning the only game with any sort of real flair to it, "the last guardian", well I guess they know their target market.
Dalaeck 42

Postby Flamestrike » 07 Dec 2011, 16:23

ANOTHER negative PS3 article designed to encourage flamewars and Sony console bashing courtesy of CVG!! Who'd have thunk it! :lol:
Flamestrike 35

Postby laslowoodbine » 07 Dec 2011, 16:28

As mentioned above the amount of sales for games like Resistance 3, Warhawk, Heavy Rain, Motorstorm, GT5, Infamous, LBP,Wipeout, MGS4 and other doesn't detract from owning a PS3, they may not be the best games ever but knowing that Sony is willing to help bring these games to your platform means I feel as though I have benefited being a Playstation fan. Goes hand in hand with that saying 'greater than the sum of parts'.
laslowoodbine 51

Postby almanac2015 » 07 Dec 2011, 17:05

On an only slightly related note...

I find I care less for The Last Guardian now than I used to. I understand that developers need time to make games well. I love Ico and Shadow of the Colossus also.

But I've now been waiting too long. Whether thats because it was announced so long ago or merely the development time...I've just lost the excitement.

For next year, I look forward to Starhawk. :)

I understand Ratchet and Clank All 4 One not being a blockbuster but arguably all the others are. I'm not the biggest fan of Resistance and the Killzone series has pretty mixed reactions but there's enough there to call them blockbusters.

LittleBigPlanet 2 definitely was.
PSN: threepy
almanac2015 61

PSN ID: threepy

Postby middle finger » 07 Dec 2011, 17:07

Nothing, because the world will end.
middle finger 68

Postby CrazyPeter » 08 Dec 2011, 00:05

Dred0 wrote:

Yep, every one of those a AAA blockbuster title, You can add GT5, Infamous 2, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War III, Flower, ICO/SCL to that list too.

There are far too many people here that havn't played these games to their full (or at all), and are just convincing themselves they aren't missing out. THEY ARE>...

What's even sadder, are the morons that write this tripe. They don't even try and disguise their PS3 hatred anymore. Microsoft made it fashionable to support the underdog, hate the top-dog, and these idiots have jumped right on that bandwagon.

I mean what other explanation could there be? Microsoft rushes some half-baked unreliable crap onto the market with hardware thats run out of steam within 5 years, a split HDD/non-HDD userbase, a charable P2P gaming network and they get all the love, Sony release a fully spec'd system when it was finished, equiped to last the 10 year generation, with free online gaming, features to die for, hardware that's still bang upto date 5 years on, and all they get is a hard time....

Go figure...
CrazyPeter 3
New user

Postby vitorfernandes83 » 08 Dec 2011, 00:46

Both killzones where my favoutire shooters this generation, with gears of war very close. I loved GT5, it's a great game, people only complain because of the big delay, fortunatly I didn't buy a ps3 until after the launch of GT5, I loved forza but I prefer GT5, you can almost feel the cars, my favourite racing game this generation. The uncharted series are my favourite adventure games this generation, metal gear 4 is my favourite action/stealth game this generation as well and heavy rain is one of a kind. I just fail to see what's the fuss with god of war, but for all the rest I thank sony for giving me some of the best games this generation. Please sony just continue what you're doing, please killzone 4. metal gear 5, that's all I ask.
vitorfernandes83 26

Postby 360_Fan » 08 Dec 2011, 04:28

Same could be said for the 360 next year, and I thought the same this time last year. Thought there would be nothing interesting coming out, but look at the year we have had.

I would say that sony are taking a page out of M$'s book and keeping their cards close to their chests. Unless they are putting everything behind the vita. That would be a shame, but this gen has been getting better each year, and I think we are in for a good couple of years yet.

I say it every year, but wait for E3.
360_Fan 61

Next