Awesomenauts: 'PS3 isn't easy to work with, but Sony makes u

Your comments on our articles.

Ronimo Games talk PSN, Zelda and gaming stigmas...

Ronimo Games might not be an immediately familiar name but the young studio has produced a number of excellent games in its short history, not the least of which are de Blob and Swords & Soldiers.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Awesomenauts: 'PS3 isn't easy to work with, but Sony makes u

Postby Paranoimia » 05 Dec 2011, 22:50

You see, Bethesda? You only have to ask.
Paranoimia 32

Xbox Live: Paranoimia UK
PSN ID: Paranoimia

Re: Awesomenauts: 'PS3 isn't easy to work with, but Sony mak

Postby gideonseer » 06 Dec 2011, 05:50

I'm all for a bit of classic platforming action. Sometimes I get fed up with the constant conveyor belt of first and third person shooters and RPG's. Its why I love Little Big Planet, takes you back to classic era but mega updated. Its why I love Limbo and even the bizarre Splosion Man!

I think, with PS4, if there's one thing Sony MUST do its to make it easier to program for than PS3 has been. No doubt PS3 has power (Uncharted etc) but the consensus seems to be that the PS3 is considerably less developer friendly than the Xbox 360 and, given that people buy consoles on the basis of great games available, it should be as easy as possible for developers to make games for.
gideonseer 20

Postby jmslovatt » 06 Dec 2011, 09:54

Star Control! I'd totally forgotten that, thanks for reminding me!
jmslovatt 23

Postby kirankara » 06 Dec 2011, 10:48

gideonseer wrote:I'm all for a bit of classic platforming action. Sometimes I get fed up with the constant conveyor belt of first and third person shooters and RPG's. Its why I love Little Big Planet, takes you back to classic era but mega updated. Its why I love Limbo and even the bizarre Splosion Man!

I think, with PS4, if there's one thing Sony MUST do its to make it easier to program for than PS3 has been. No doubt PS3 has power (Uncharted etc) but the consensus seems to be that the PS3 is considerably less developer friendly than the Xbox 360 and, given that people buy consoles on the basis of great games available, it should be as easy as possible for developers to make games for.

Totally agree,I am from the nes/snes generation, so platforming was my staple dirt, and grew up on the best there was in genre, so miss them. Id hoped rayman would full void, but wasn't a fan of demo.
Sony has already said it's next gen will be built with developers input , so think they've lesson there. They really did just get too big for boots, and needed 360 to bring them down to earth a bit. The success of PS and ps2 made them arrogant, and didn't heed warnings after ps2, which was also a b**ch to code for, thinking their market share guaranteed developers would get best out machine, but with success of 360, they got caught out, and developers really didn't have to waste time and effort programming for more difficult to program machine, as it initially had slow uptake
kirankara 57