Max Payne 3: Classic gameplay meets state of the art tech

Your comments on our articles.

Rockstar brings back Max in fighting form...

Early screenshots of a bald Max Payne leaping around sunny São Paulo suggest this might be a sequel in name only.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Max Payne 3: Classic gameplay meets state of the art tech

Postby Obscure_Metaphor » 18 Nov 2011, 14:14

I don't know about you, but I don't feel let down when I find out a game isn't open world. And its not like Rockstar haven't done it before. A open world Max Payne game would be silly.

Max Payne's innovation was storytelling, it doesn't need a tech gimmick to get attention. I'm not sure why the tone of this article suggests that we're all going to be upset because of a lack of technical innovation. I don't care about innovation. I don't watch movies to keep up with the latest camera equipment, I go for the entertainment value. A game telling a good story with lots of narrative driven action has nothing to appologise for.
Obscure_Metaphor 40

Re: Max Payne 3: Classic gameplay meets state of the art tec

Postby An Awesome Guy » 19 Nov 2011, 12:02

I completely agree with obscure_metaphor, Max Payne 3 simply looks like a return to the gameplay and mechanics that almost everyone loved when they played it back when it was new; and considering there haven't really been any good games since which have adopted that same style of gameplay, if anything, Max Payne 3 looks like it should be a breath of fresh air.
An Awesome Guy 5

Re: Max Payne 3: Classic gameplay meets state of the art tec

Postby Lurf » 22 Nov 2011, 11:33

Looks like it's gonna be a good game. Thank god they try to stick to the original. Not too impressed by the RAGE engine though. I mean the animations look but the lighting and textures not so much.
Lurf 26